Top 10 Posters

What does your sewing room/space/studio look like?

Page 24 of 29 (426 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 425 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 5,005

I have a spare bedroom (actually 2) now that DS1 moved back out.  I kept one bedroom ready in case anyone needs to move back in or just stay for awhile.  The other is my quilt room.  Not much to speak of, a used cafeteria table for cutting (Its up on bed risers to make it high enough) an old bookcase, and my old "tv/entertainment wall unit that I no longer needed once I got the 70 something inch projection tv for the living room  (I like to watch hockey).  Took the closet doors off and use it to store the big tubs.  I actually do all my sewing and ironing in the dining room, so I can catch up on all the stuff on my DVR while I piece.  So CoCo stays on the dining room table and my old Janome rests in the quilt room.   You can't see it, but I have 2 huge lidded tubs of fabric under the cutting table.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 5:49 AM

Nice pics. Us quilters just love shelves of any sort and desks and tables.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 8:38 AM

Maggie, you have done a wonderful job with that fabric.  I have still to get mine refolded. Still trying to get the flooring situation finished in that room.  Then the doors have to be rehung on the closet so I can move the treadmill on to its place.  Spent yesterday painitng the hallway outside the sewing room as I had them run the laminate down that hall to, but they had to take the door trim off to lay the floor.  That led to chips in the molding . Couldn't find paint to match what was there so have to repaint the whole hallway.  This was supposed to be a quick easy job. *sigh*     

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 546
Points 11,066
Happy replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 8:45 AM

I am going to change my room soon to a bigger room so I planning it now 

Happy

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 2,330
Ann replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 9:33 AM

Carey:

Nice pics. Us quilters just love shelves of any sort and desks and tables.

I agree here Carey ... we quilters loves shelves, desks, tables, etc.  Anything that allows us to stack and sort and gives us enough flatland to cut or press - it's gold.  I think the rule in quilting rooms should be to "build UP!"  It works for space AND the collection of fabrics :)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 10:58 AM

So nice to have your own space Debra....

Kim in Canada

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 12:35 PM

What happened to the post I posted 15 minutes ago?

Can anyone cut and paste in this group?  It seems Firefox doesn't allow it for this site!

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 12:47 PM

Nana:

Maggie

You could send me those lovely creams and whites.  I don't have nearly enough of those.   But I notice a significant lack of purples and greens. What's up with that......

Purples don't last long enough to be shelved.  Its my dil and 2 of my gd's favorite color.  Pink and purples are Princess colors  LOL  Maybe I'll have to hit lqs for more greens to make it even

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 12:50 PM

Maggie

My stash is heavily weighed toward purples and greens.   Its the reds, oranges, yellows that are significantly missing in mine.   And neutrals.  for some reason I never think to buy them until I need something to put into a quilt.   They aren't fabrics that I walk into the LQS and say ...oh, I just have to have some of that.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 12:52 PM

Debra, I love your space.  And yes, II think we all love shelves and bins and nooks and crannies.  Never mind seating areas, I only need one chair on rollers!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 7:22 PM

Sure does sound like a good rule. Shelves going up work just as good. Speaking of build up I hope to build up my stash again soon one day.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 7:59 PM

I don't think my stash is any predominant color....except it may be heavy in the batiks and Asian prints right now.  I never seem to have enough neutrals and I always have to go to the LQS to get fabric to complete a quilt.  Always walk out with more than I need, so the stash gets added to everytime I make that trip.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 9:43 PM

Nana:
And neutrals.  for some reason I never think to buy them until I need something to put into a quilt.   They aren't fabrics that I walk into the LQS and say ...oh, I just have to have some of that.

I'm surprised to hear you say that, Nana.  You were one who talked me into buying more than a yard at a time when I'm stash building, so I now I particularly check out sales tables, and if there are any neutrals there, I buy it all!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 11:25 PM

Nancy

I still buy more than a yard when I buy fabric but for some reason I don't tend to buy neutrals.  If a need a neutral for a quilt I generally have to go get something because there isn't any in the stash.  I guess when I go fabric shopping the neutrals just don't call to me.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Kim Hanson:

Hey Ms. MoomMist - I'm so sorry to hear that you have to haul oxygen tubes around.  So very nice that you have a husband who will do some cleaning in your home.  Best wishes with your quilting and crafting!  Do you have some photos of your work in the gallery on the QCA website?

Kim in Canada

Yes, Kim there are pic in the gallery. Thank you for the well wishing too!

xoxoxo

Page 24 of 29 (426 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use