Top 10 Posters

What does your sewing room/space/studio look like?

Page 23 of 29 (426 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 425 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 8:26 PM

Okay, here's the cab inet fully loaded  (keep your fingers crossed)

• | Post Points: 95
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 8:30 PM

Maggie great find!!!!

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Love it Maggie!

Kim in Calgary

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 2,330
Ann replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 9:21 PM

looking forward to the better post Maggie ... our eyes glistened with the thought of shelves to fill up!

AHA!  There she be!  Really nice deal on the shelves Maggie!  You have a nice size stash brewing there!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 10:11 PM

Sneaks over to the cabinet and puls a few quarters out bet she'll never even notice lol. J/k ;)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 10:27 PM

Glass shelves seem like a good idea.  They'll never sag!  What a great cabinet!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 10:34 PM

Carey:

Sneaks over to the cabinet and puls a few quarters out bet she'll never even notice lol. J/k ;)

Probably wouldn't notice, (they are in the bottom cabinet out of view)  I have been collecting for about 10 years thinking that when I retired I couldn't just buy (that was my excuse anyway)  Now retired and still buying!  LOL 

The bottom shelf of the cabinet is all backing fabrics -- 5 yards or more,   All of the fabrics are at least one yard -- most 2 to 4 yards.    Now I need to find something for the border on my MQ5......maybe another trip to lqs?   : - )

By the way, they actually helped us load the cabinet in my van.  I asked if I could leave my phone number in case they get rid of another one!   They smiled and said, just keep coming back -- so I think I will.  Could use one more.  I'd put the fat quarters on display and use the closed bottom parts for all the batting, stabilizers, interfacing, etc. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Fri, Oct 28 2011 10:36 PM

MNnancy:

Glass shelves seem like a good idea.  They'll never sag!  What a great cabinet!

They are leaded glass as they had heavy items on display in the store.   Still can't believe my good fortune and my daughter for spying it!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Sat, Oct 29 2011 12:22 AM

Wow Maggie, that cabinet worked out very well,  the fabric really folded up nicely.   

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Kim Hanson:

Ms MoomMist - I totally cleaned up all by myself!

Kim

Good for you, Kim! It is really lovely. After I quit selling real estate, I took up cleaning for a couple of years, the money was much better lol! I always felt good about leaving others home pretty like yours. I'm a slob basically, not dirty just cluttered. DH is a collector and a one who has (as an only child and grandchild) kept all his grandmother's, mom's, dad's and deceased wife's memorabilia. So, when we got married it all came here. My first husband would have had a fit. He use to cringe to hang a picture, so it was easy to clean back 20 years ago. Now, I'm lucky if I can get the floors swept after cooking one meal. Hired a "Merry Maid" once and when I saw her cleaning on day when we came home early from my treatment, I decided that I was paying her too much to clean the glass with a spritz of Windex on a paper towel and 2" of  water in a bucket to wipe up 2 little room so let her go. DH now does the vacuuming, laundry (downstairs), and dishes, I do the cooking, floors and bathroom. It is a chore for me to walk from one room to another hauling 45' of oxygen tubes, so I do as little as possible to get through the day and quilt or craft for about an hour.

You do a wonderful job!

xoxoxo,

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Hey Ms. MoomMist - I'm so sorry to hear that you have to haul oxygen tubes around.  So very nice that you have a husband who will do some cleaning in your home.  Best wishes with your quilting and crafting!  Do you have some photos of your work in the gallery on the QCA website?

Kim in Canada

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Sat, Oct 29 2011 7:58 PM

Lol yeah If I had a stash like that wouldn't notice either lol.  Glad you can find keepers like that. Its like my wicker and other furniture we got for free from dads friend he was going to toss it out and my bf said no carey can use those.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Sat, Oct 29 2011 8:01 PM

I am so envious! Look how neat those shelves are!!!!! Every piece of fabric neatly folded! Just how do you do that???

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sat, Oct 29 2011 10:42 PM

Linda:

I am so envious! Look how neat those shelves are!!!!! Every piece of fabric neatly folded! Just how do you do that???

Hi Linda, Somewhere on this thread the ladies of knowledge were telling how they folded their fabric on a 6" x 24" ruler and then pulled the ruler out and fold the fabric in half.  I spent 2 whole days wrapping and folding!  I used a 5" ruler so I could fit one more stack, and then used a 4" ruler for my fat quarters.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 12:12 AM

Maggie

You could send me those lovely creams and whites.  I don't have nearly enough of those.   But I notice a significant lack of purples and greens. What's up with that......

Vinton, Virginia

Page 23 of 29 (426 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use