Top 10 Posters

What does your sewing room/space/studio look like?

Page 13 of 29 (426 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 425 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Fri, Oct 14 2011 6:39 PM

Welcome back and what a great use for a formal living room.  I love your creativity.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,273
Points 173,308
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 14 2011 8:13 PM

Welcome back!  What a cheerful sewing room, very nice!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Fri, Oct 14 2011 9:45 PM

Love your bright, primary colors, MsPlantLady.  So cheery!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,787
Points 12,965

Ms MoomMist:

Wow, Denise, this is fabulous! Sure wish I could be so organized. Are you close to Pennsylvania, so I could hire you to come and help me organize LOL

It really is lovely!

xoxoxo

Thanks! Nope, I'm in Oregon. We are a tad bit far away from each other! (I secretly LOVE to organize - spreadsheets, cupboards, towels all have to face the same way, etc. - my hubby just smiles at me.)

Oregon

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,787
Points 12,965

msplantladi:

Hello Everyone, I am a old newbie.....lol...I have been a member since 2009 but life gets in the way  and I have been missing in action. I loved catching up and seeing lots of new names.

I out grew my bedrm that I used to call my sewing heaven...soooooo I took over the formal living that we never used anyway.

What a great room - love your bright and cheery colors!

Our formal living room is the game room. Since we "never used it anyway" we bought a game table (we play a lot of Scrabble, Sticks, Jokers, etc.). We also have a very large TV in the corner with a WII system and a couple of big comfy chairs. Everyone from my gandchildren to my parents love to play games.

Welcome back.

Oregon

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 2,330
Ann replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 8:13 AM

Denise - I can't help but to stare LOVINGLY at your room!  You are masterful!  It must be such an awesome feeling to be sitting or standing at whichever station your at ... no matter where you seem to be at there's something interesting to be absorbed into.  GREAT set-up!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,787
Points 12,965

Ann:

Denise - I can't help but to stare ...

Thank you, Ann. I find my time in that room very comforting.

Oregon

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 2,330
Ann replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 8:49 AM

Ms MoomMist:
I'm butting in here but I got an 8 foot table that is super for cutting at Sam's club for under $50. Thye also have 6 foot tables for less. They are plastic tops and metal legs and very sturdy. Problem now is that with the Long arm machine in the Sewing Loft, I don't have room for it. I have a taller table that DH pick up at a garage sale with a ceramic top that I use for cutting. Maybe if I cleared out some of the old machines and furniture, I'd have room for a nice cutting table or I could use it to lay out the quilt for basting.

Ms Moom Mist – I just wanted to say that I agree with you on use of the tables you mentioned … I didn’t get the Sam’s club price, but we were within reason $60-70.  We got the 8 foot table and butted up the 5 foot table next to that so we have a 90 degree 5’ sewing area.  The tables are just wonderful.  AND so much less expensive than a “professional” sewing table.  I like too that we can put things underneath it – and then with the skirt it is out of the way.  A couple of the girls have the extension block things for putting under standard tables like this when we meet up as a group to get it at a nice height for them … I have a bad back so do most my cutting sitting down but the idea is great!

Ms Plant Lady … Just wanted to say in appreciation of your room how nice your “peaceful” areas are.  You give your space a visual rest which is quite wonderful – plus that comfy looking blue chair … sweet!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 9:06 AM

Envy, that is what I feel when I look at your sewing space.  So nicely decorated.  Mine just has plain white walls with occasional pic on it.  Beautiful!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Denise_Oregon:

Our formal living room is the game room. Since we "never used it anyway" we bought a game table (we play a lot of Scrabble, Sticks, Jokers, etc.). We also have a very large TV in the corner with a WII system and a couple of big comfy chairs. Everyone from my gandchildren to my parents love to play games.

Welcome back.

We love to play games too, so now we have our Pegs & Jokers board set in the middle of the dining room table and because it is just DH and self we just eat around it and play a game when we finish our meal or snack. We are thinking about setting up a puzzle on a big antique table that DH family had that sits in our livingroom collecting junk... it needs to be used rather than being a mess.

As for my Sewing Loft. I try to make it a plan to straighten something everytime I'm in there. Every thing was just dumped in there when DH, Step S, & D-I-L moved my Upstairs Sewing room out to the garage (now the Sewing Loft) about 10 years ago... did I say that before .. omg - I'm senile ss.

LOL

Also welcome back Plant Lady.

Have a great day.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

msplantladi:

Hello Everyone, I am a old newbie.....lol...I have been a member since 2009 but life gets in the way  and I have been missing in action. I loved catching up and seeing lots of new names.

Especially enjoyed seeing pics of members sewing rooms, one of my favorite things to do when I am not sewing.

I hunted to see if my pics were still here, couldn't find them but then I remembered I have since moved to my room so the pics wouldn't be current. I out grew my bedrm that I used to call my sewing heaven...soooooo I took over the formal living that we never used anyway.

here are a few pics.

The red hutch was 40.00, the blk cabinet 8.00, the chair free, the wicker unit free {all repainted} the kitty-pricelss.

just moved this desk to this wall so the wall is still bare.

Time to go sew....its nice to be back here, just hope I don't get lost coming back.

And you leave WHERE? LOL! I'll be right over tee hee!

Seriously though it is absolutely beautiful

xoxoxo

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 54
Points 750
Wendy replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 11:39 AM

Awesome space Denise...So organized!  I am drooling......

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,424
Points 40,385
Mimi replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 12:56 PM

I love everyone's sewing spaces.  I wish I could visit each and every one of them.  It's great to get some new ideas.  Welcome to my sewing room.  My husband and son refinished the basement under the living room .  It doesn't get much natural light which can be a downer, but they installed all the newest LED lighting and it doesn't get to hot in the summer or cold in the winter.  They paneled the room and then attached the three bookcases from Ikea to one wall.  During the storms of September I had to pick up and move many of the things that were in the room for fear of flooding.  It looks really empty right now and is never this cleaned up. Some day I hope to retire and have a smaller home built with a sewing studio. For now this is wonderful! 

• | Post Points: 230
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 130
Points 1,560
Debby replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 1:00 PM

What a beautiful Sewing Room, Mimi!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 1:18 PM

That is an absolutely wonderful sewing room.  And the fabric!  I would never have to set foot in a fabric store again.  How well organized and uniforn in size your fabric is.  What is the secret to that?   Oh, oh, my keyboard is wet from the drool.  LOL ....Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Page 13 of 29 (426 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use