Top 10 Posters

What does your sewing room/space/studio look like?

Page 10 of 29 (426 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 425 Replies | 38 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 1,290
Gayle B replied on Mon, Oct 10 2011 11:59 AM

I'm only 35 if you're dyslexic!  If I cleaned off the dning room table, I'd have more room.  Using the living room floor gives me an excuse to vacuum.  Can you tell I'm not big on housework?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,548
Points 46,935
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Oct 10 2011 12:20 PM

Gayle B:

I'm only 35 if you're dyslexic!  If I cleaned off the dning room table, I'd have more room.  Using the living room floor gives me an excuse to vacuum.  Can you tell I'm not big on housework?

LOL... I don't vacuum because it scares the kitty helpers and they don't need to shed any more than they already do!!!  hahahaha... JK but if I didn't have kitty helpers I sure wouldn't need to vacuum so often!  But then, I'd be so bored and lonely... *sniff*  ... I love my kitty helpers :)

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,548
Points 46,935
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Oct 10 2011 12:23 PM

Acutally, you can get it now for under $100 online if you use your 50% off coupon!  I need a second one to make a really big table for laying out quilts for pinning.

Barbara:

Debbie-do:
May I recommend the table I use for cutting?  It folds down to 13''x36''x36''  They go on sale at JoAnns from time to time for under $100.

I gonna have to watch for this ,it would sure help  and it looks like I can fold it down when not in use .thanks Debbie..Barbara

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,548
Points 46,935
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Oct 10 2011 12:25 PM

Barbara:

Debbie I think that is the one Elaine has been asking about .I'm glad you found it ,barbara

I posted a list of about 6 other possible threads this morning but it got intercepted by QCA as potential spam I guess.  Maybe it'll show up later once they look at it.

Southwest of San Antonio

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 995

I am living in my 5-wheel.  My sewing room consists of making sure all of the dishes are done so I can set my "table size" ironing board over the sink; making sure our table is cleared off so I can set up my sewing machine; then when I have to cut something I move my sewing machine on to the chair that I sit on, cut my material, move the cutting stuff and move the sewing machine back up into place.......it is a very lengthy process.....but that's what it takes for me to sew so that's what I do!!!! 

HOWEVER, we are building a small, temporary 16' x 48' home and part of this area will be my sewing area.  We just painted with primer yesterday :)   :)   :)  I have a question for all of you lucky ladies.......   people who have sewing rooms already!  What is the best color to paint the walls?  I have one window and it is an East window.  I don't care for white on white.  It is just to bright for my eyes.  My lighting will not be that good.  Does anyone have any ideas on what would be a good color that would not interfere with changing the color of my fabric?  I'm sure I will have to buy one of the "natural" lights..........  Thanks in advance for all of your ideas and suggestions!!!!

Susan Larson

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Debbie-do:

Acutally, you can get it now for under $100 online if you use your 50% off coupon!  I need a second one to make a really big table for laying out quilts for pinning.

Barbara:

Debbie-do:
May I recommend the table I use for cutting?  It folds down to 13''x36''x36''  They go on sale at JoAnns from time to time for under $100.

I gonna have to watch for this ,it would sure help  and it looks like I can fold it down when not in use .thanks Debbie..Barbara

I'm butting in here but I got an 8 foot table that is super for cutting at Sam's club for under $50. Thye also have 6 foot tables for less. They are plastic tops and metal legs and very sturdy. Problem now is that with the Long arm machine in the Sewing Loft, I don't have room for it. I have a taller table that DH pick up at a garage sale with a ceramic top that I use for cutting. Maybe if I cleared out some of the old machines and furniture, I'd have room for a nice cutting table or I could use it to lay out the quilt for basting.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Does anyone have any pictures? This is me and my longarm Lizzie. I really wish I had someone to help me organize it. This is the 2nd floor over the garage and DH, his son and wife moved my sewing room out from upstairs bedroom, and they just threw everything in there with no rhyme or reason back in 2002, and now for 10 years I've been trying to organize it. It really is quite the task. I just do a bit each time I'm up there. Actually, it has only really be finished the last 3 year, when DH got it insulated for me.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,548
Points 46,935
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Oct 10 2011 1:31 PM

Ms MoomMist:

[

I'm butting in here but I got an 8 foot table that is super for cutting at Sam's club for under $50. Thye also have 6 foot tables for less. They are plastic tops and metal legs and very sturdy. Problem now is that with the Long arm machine in the Sewing Loft, I don't have room for it. I have a taller table that DH pick up at a garage sale with a ceramic top that I use for cutting. Maybe if I cleared out some of the old machines and furniture, I'd have room for a nice cutting table or I could use it to lay out the quilt for basting.

I like that price better, is it tall like the one from JoAnn or standard height? 

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,018
Points 28,465
Ramona replied on Mon, Oct 10 2011 3:05 PM

Ms MoonMist,

I love that quilt you're working on in that picture! Beautiful colors.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 78
Points 1,100
Cathy J replied on Mon, Oct 10 2011 4:10 PM

This is my sewing/craft room. I've finally got it back together after moving in March it was such a mess. You think you're being so cleaver packing it up and labeling but its still the biggest mess. I've spent 2 days but I'm proud of my room. I was going to put a bed in the room for guest but I decided I'd get a futon. We don't get guest that often.

Woo Hoo I'm sewing again!

• | Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 995

WOW!!!  I am really impressed!  Love the quilt too.  I hope someday I have all those boxes and cubbies ......Thanks for sharing Ms MoomMist!!!!!

Susan Larson

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,018
Points 28,465
Ramona replied on Mon, Oct 10 2011 4:34 PM

Cathy Justice,

Wow! Looks great. So organized. A place for everything and everything in it's place. I feel my space is so messy compared to you space. Glad you're up and sewing again!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Mon, Oct 10 2011 4:35 PM

Wow Cathy!

Looks GREAT!!

Happy Quilting!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,369
Points 174,913
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 10 2011 5:32 PM

Great room Cathy, nice and neat and tidy.  I don't see a stash or don't you keep one?

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Mon, Oct 10 2011 5:40 PM

Barbara:

Debbie I think that is the one Elaine has been asking about .I'm glad you found it ,Barbara

Nope that's not it either Barbara, for the life of me I can't remember what it was called

[Ava, Missouri

Page 10 of 29 (426 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use