Top 10 Posters

Sometimes I don't understand myself (re MQ5)

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 5,005
Debra Moore Posted: Mon, Oct 3 2011 9:29 AM

So,

Two weeks ago i went to my LQS and spent quite a bit o'change buying fabrics for the new MQ.  This is going to be for my 6 yr old Granddaughter who likes pink and black.   I have now made 3 trips to Joanns and Hancocks to buy other fabric and have pretty much replaced all the fabs I bought at the LQS.  And I'm still not completely happy.  Please.... STOP ME BEFORE I SHOP AGAIN!  I blame it all on menopause.  I've been blaming stuff on "M" for years now, and plan to continue to do so as much as possible.

Can I get an "Amen" sisters?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 9:31 AM

Debra Moore:

Can I get an "Amen" sisters?

Amen! Amen! Amen! 

I've got 3 different online orders coming this week...and maybe I'll finally find some color combination that will suit my fancy for MQ5.  Needless to say, I am going to be very behind!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 5,005

Forgot to mention... I am planning on going to Joanns tonight after work.  My LQS is the only place in the city I live to buy fabric and it's rather small.  So every trip requires 20-60 minutes or more each way.   The really crazy thing is that I've practically memorized all the quilting fabs that my nearest Joanns has.  I believe it has been said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Yep, kind of fits here, don't you think?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 5,005

Bless you Karla!  Now I don't feel quite so crazy... now off to work where other people can totally mess with me an convince me that I'm headed for looney tunes.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 11:18 AM

so many beautiful fabrics to choose from  (sigh)  i must be crazy too!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 12:21 PM

Debra,

I know exactly how you feel.  I haven't uploaded any of the fabric I bought for MQV because I can't make up my mind which to use.  I have been engrossed in everyone's post just to see if I can get more clarification.  To make matters worse, the quilt is for my 25 year old daughter, so more pressure to make it work out.  But, I guess I can always keep it or give it away if the colors combination comes out too funky.  I do think I (we) are all over thinking it.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 5,005

Annie, you hit the nail on the head.  For crying out loud, my granddaughter is only 6!  She's not going to critique my color or pattern choices.  Maybe it's because this is a Mystery Quilt (my first) that has me feeling rather out of control.  I'm just going to pull up my big girl panties and go with what I have and Be Done With It!

Thanks for injecting some sanity ....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 4:41 PM

Debra, been there done that!  Amen sister!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 4:44 PM

Annie:
 I do think I (we) are all over thinking it.

YUP!!!!!!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 9:33 PM

I'm a long term (post) Menopausal over thinker too.  This is my first mystery quilt and I waffled on my own mandate of using from my stash and bought a jelly roll instead.  Only bought 2 more quarter-yard cuts to add to it.    If I don't like the colors in my finished top, I'll just make sure I buy a pretty backing and use that side up! 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 9:56 PM

Maggie I love your solution.  Being post menoposal too, I have a tendency to  hesitate and second guess myself over my color combinations.  Especially if I am making the quilt for someone else.  I always want it to be perfect.  Which makes me buy more and more fabric...... lol

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 10:01 PM

OK, ladies, let us help you pick your fabrics - you know you want to buy more, but at the same time, your fabrics won't cut themselves! LOL  Post pictures in the MQ group "discussions" or on "it's time for MQV" - inquiring quilters want to look!!!   ;->

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 10:07 PM

Angele:

Maggie I love your solution.  Being post menoposal too, I have a tendency to  hesitate and second guess myself over my color combinations.  Especially if I am making the quilt for someone else.  I always want it to be perfect.  Which makes me buy more and more fabric...... lol

I think that's why I love monochromatic quilts and quilts that have fabrics that read as solids. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,846
Points 248,979
Barbara replied on Tue, Oct 4 2011 4:20 AM

Debra,Amen,   but to me I have to diagnose a new illness,you are a bonafide fabricholic, .You just have to have it ,the smell of chrisp new fabric, the feel of fabric  and    last but not  least ,because,it's there and you want to give it a good home...but we blame it on MMMMMMMMM...lol Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, Oct 4 2011 10:32 AM

Eileen,

You are absolutely correct!! I will upload photos of my MQV fabric today and finally make the decision to use them and start cutting my worms!

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use