Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 695
Mary Wrigley Posted: Sat, Sep 24 2011 9:46 PM

I've started quilting when I was 15 with my Aunt. She hand quilted back then, she was our "Martha Stewart" of the family. I didn't take up quilting myself until I was 40, now at 54 I've retired and enjoy quilting for my family and friends. I do not like machine quilting, I feel it stresses me out. So I only do hand quilting.  My joy is baby quilts, making quilts for my grandchildren. My biggest downfall is that when I want to start a new project, it takes forever to decide the colors and fabrics. But looking through all the quilts and seeing peoples other projects, helps me put those colors together. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Sat, Sep 24 2011 9:52 PM

Hi Mary,

Welcome to the site......If you look at the top, under groups,  click on that and there are different ones you can join.......i joined the hand quilting group, and the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler group.

Enjoy your time here!

Happy Quilting!!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,658
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sat, Sep 24 2011 10:20 PM

Hi Mary, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,806
Points 420,904
gini replied on Sun, Sep 25 2011 1:00 AM

hi mary, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 695

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. How do I post a picture of my quilts. Most have been given away, but I do have 2 pics I could upload. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.