Organizing current projects

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 75
ekwms Posted: Sun, Sep 18 2011 3:05 PM

When I start a new quilt project (sometimes they can take a while to complete!), I grab one of those zippered bags that you get from purchased drapes, linen, comforters, etc.  I save these for just this purpose, as they're clear, some have a "label pocket" & come in all sizes. 

I enclose the pattern, notes, & place smaller cut pieces/ blocks in separate zip-lock bags (from snack to gallon size), the backing (if already purchased), binding, specialty threads/ embellishments & anything else belonging to that project. 

When I get ready to work on it, or need to take it to a class or travel, it's all together & I don't have to give it another thought!  When your project is complete, you can empty the zipper bag & use it for the next one. 

One quilter friend also likes to keep a finished quilt's scraps together in a smaller bag w/ a 3x5 card, for the details & later reference (sometimes she makes accessories to match later on). 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use