rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 5,005
Debra Moore Posted: Sat, Sep 17 2011 10:24 AM

Hi All,

I'm Debra from Davis, CA.  Started quilting about 7 years ago.  Funny thing, no one in my family quilts nor did I know anyone who quilted, just decided one day that I wanted to try it.  First quilt was a simple Pioneer Braid made from used flannel shirts and a sheet for backing.  I wanted to go cheap in case I didn't stick with it.  It turned out so great, I was hooked for life!  (wish I had a pic of that quilt, it and my amazing Tumbling Block quilt left with someone a few years ago).   Needless to say I dove in hard.... a whole room full of fabric, tools, pattern kits and more than 30 assorted quilt books.  I could quit work now and do nothing but make quilts and until I die or Jesus returns and probably still have stuff left (lol).

All my quilts have been made as gifts for family and friend except the Tattered Pioneer quilt I posted a couple of days ago.  Took a break for almost 2 years, due to family and health issues but happy to say I am BACK!

I'm happy to have found QCA and hope to make some friends here.  I love seeing all the quilts in the gallery, it give me the impetus to get back in it.

Happy Quilting!

Debra in Davis, CA

PS: would love to know if there are any quilters local to me.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 10:26 AM

Hi Debra!  welcome to this site!  You are gonna love it here!!!

Happy quilting!!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 11:05 AM

hi debra, welcome to the group.  you will make a lot of friends here. this is a great site

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,490
LauraLyn replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 11:13 AM

Welcome Debra! This is a great site for quilting. Everyone is very friendly and very willing to help! Hope you enjoy your time here!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 11:17 AM

Debra

Welcome to the site.  Hope you enjoy your time with us.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 12:00 PM

Welcome Debra!  I used to live in Elk Grove, CA so we were almost neighbors.  I live in Nevada now, just outside of Reno.  No one in my family was a quilter either, but like you, I just decided one day to try my hand at it, and became addicted.  My quilts have all gone to family members and I still have several family members to go.  I am a fabriholic and spend a couple hundred dollars every month on fabric.  Don't know what my kids will do with all of the fabric once I'm gone because I certainly I don't think I'll outlive my stash.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 12:36 PM

Welcome Deb and everyone else I missed. You will love it here.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome to the club Debra.

Margaret

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 4:33 PM

AMEN! To that.

Sukochi

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 54
Points 735
abbey replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 6:34 PM

Hello and welcome. My family is definately not filled with quilters either. Not even one. I learned from an ever patient sewing teacher in highschool. Glad to hear you are back to quilting.

P.S. I wish I could quit my job and quilt to my little hearts content also...

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 230
Wendy replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 6:41 PM

Hi Debra,

I am new here, too.  I love the picture of your dogs. 

What it is about quilting that gets us hooked anyway?  Once you get going, you just can't stop..Ha-ha.

Wendy

Wendy

Minnesota

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 3,725
Melissa replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 8:27 PM

Welcome, Debra! I, like you, have very few quilts in my possession. I just realized a year or two ago that I don't have to have a "reason" to make a quilt. That dawned on me when I found myself yearning to sew and not knowing anyone who needed a quilt. I have also begun using fabrics that I like but that don't match my color scheme or even necessarily anyone's that I know. You know what? If I make a quilt that I can't find an owner for I can save it for an emergency gift or give it to charity. I have vowed not to get hung up on all the details and to just allow myself to have fun!

Melissa
http://ardeasnest.blogspot.com
"Love isn't what makes the world go round, it's what makes the ride worthwhile."

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 9:18 PM

Debra, welcome to the club, Gald to have you with us ,you are in great company here, Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use