makeing a rag quilt/usually quilt as you go

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
13 Posts
Points 495
daisey aka Cheryl posted on Thu, Sep 15 2011 7:00 AM

Has anyone made a Rag Quilt, (sewing the quilted squares together the sandwich with the seams showing on the outside.  They are usually called Rag quilt or quilt as you go rag quilt.  Does anyone know if there are instructions are a video on the website showing how to do this?  Any replies would be helpful.  It might take me hours to find a video on the website.  Well got to get ready for work, I will be checking for replies.  Thanks a bunch. 

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014

Jenny Doan , from Missour Star Quilting Company,has a class that has this inclued  the Class is Called Quilting Quickly 2 . I am not real sure where to tell you to go to get this class ,It was posted on here at one time , You may want to contact the Administration and the can tell you . Its a really good class ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014

I did find the web site  its call;  Craftsy,Learn It Make It . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,770 Posts
Points 66,013
Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,794 Posts
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Thu, Sep 15 2011 10:01 AM

I also made one by inserting a piece of batting in-between each square.  I cut the batting an inch smaller than the flannel pieces, center in side to make a sandwich and sew an "X" to secure the top, bottom and batting pieces together.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,794 Posts
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Thu, Sep 15 2011 10:03 AM

http://jenyu.net/make/ragquilt.php

here's a link for my previous post

Not Ranked
Female
13 Posts
Points 495

Jeanie thank you so much for the websites, I am going to make one this weekend, anyone else would also love these websites, A big thanks to everyone that answered my request.  I just love the people on this website they are always answering the call for help. 

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 20

try u-tube.....have seen them on there before

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,484 Posts
Points 43,625

our local ladies who make these also have bought special scissors to cut the rags.  these are easier on your hands as you only have to close the scissors and they open themselves.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use