Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 41 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sun, Sep 25 2011 10:56 PM

MNnancy:
Would anyone care to post a picture of your fabric wrapped around those cardboard pieces?

Nancy

I have lots of my fabric wrapped around the PLastic not cardboard which I love on a bookcase which is not in direct sunlight.  When you come to viist you came see it. I will have to take a pic for you all. I got them at a quilt show and I do love them. They're not cheap, but what in quilting is. I like how they stand up straght.  And they come in 2 sizes.

I will have to get you the link.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sun, Sep 25 2011 11:09 PM

Hi Nancy

The fabric storage units I use are from polarnotions.com  They are really great and you can order them from their website. I think I should tell the lady I am recommending her on QCA maybe she will give us a discount, I could always ask!!!!! I have ordered a bunch from her and she is so nice. I have both the regular size and fat quarter size.

They have lots of pics on their website also. And great service too.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,935
Points 383,452
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 26 2011 1:31 AM

Marlene,

I bought some of those but I have too much fabric to make buying them economical.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

I use  my mother's bedroom dresser to store fabric.  I refinished it several years ago, moved it to my sewing room and filled it with fabric.  I fold each piece into a piece about 5" x 12" and stack it so the fold shows, kinda like files in a file drawer.  This way I can see and easily pull out a piece.  I wish I was so organized to have it by type and color.  I have the top filled with all kinds of crafting supplies.  Knitting needles in a wine carrier, crochet hooks in an old mug, paint brushes in a vase, craft patterns in a file boxes and my mother's woven sewing basket, still with her supplies.  It has 6 drawers and is packed full of fabric.  The fabric is protected from sunlight and dust, but is easily available for viewing.  Additional fabric is stacked the same way in a plastic multi-drawer cabinet.  My dream is to have a huge shelving unit with glass doors.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 1,010

Guardian of the stash.....cracked me up!  He looks fierce!!  Thanks for sharing :) 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Mon, Sep 26 2011 11:55 PM

Kris:
I bought some of those but I have too much fabric to make buying them economical.

Kris

I don't have "all" my fabric on them. LOL  Only wish I did!!  : )   I only wish I had your  beautiful organized Stash!!!  I even started putting stash by categories in those fabric cubes.  OMG  I am a desperate fabric hoarder.  I have fabric hidden in dresser drawers.  I have fabric hidden everywhere. LOL  Then I forget what I have. Then I have fabric unorganized in a trunk. You all would just laugh me out of QCA forever.  I am trying to be better organizer. Really.

(Ms. Cricket says  Ha Ha ha  and if you believe that  Arizona has ocean front property.)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,935
Points 383,452
Kris replied on Tue, Sep 27 2011 12:12 AM

Marlene,

that's pretty much my story. I recently bought a large storage cabinet and I'm in the process of digging fabric out of various hiding places. It's fun discovering all the fabric I forgot I had.

I'm still looking for cheaper organising solutions.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Tue, Sep 27 2011 12:55 AM

Kris

Don't you wish we could come up with solutions!!  I know we want it to be visible and not gather dust. so what is the solution?  Your bookcase looked great.  I have a large bookcase with fabric but mine is NOT nearly as neat as yours.  Poor me! LOL

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Sep 27 2011 1:24 AM

Kris:
This one is late but here's the fabric that's wrapped around the comic book cards.

This looks great!  I have some wire vertical stands that I put between stacks of fabric but they don't stand up straight all the time.  I checked on Amazon and see where they have them $19.95 for 200 - I wonder how many I would have to buy in order to have enough? The different fabrics are definitely  more visible by standing them up and would be much easier to get out instead of from piles of fabric.

For longer lengths, I do use the 6 x 24 ruler as a center, roll the fabric around it and pull the ruler out, fold them in half and stack them and it works well.  Guess I need to revamp my storage area..Thanks to all for sharing their methods.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,935
Points 383,452
Kris replied on Tue, Sep 27 2011 2:01 AM

Thanks Marge. I started with 300 of the comic book boards. I wrap my fabrics on them on Sundays when I'm watching football. It's quite a process but I think it's worth it to have a good look at what I have. Only problem is DH gets a good look too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,935
Points 383,452
Kris replied on Tue, Sep 27 2011 2:28 AM

mars92:
I know we want it to be visible and not gather dust. so what is the solution?

Marlene,

my new cabinet has doors (not see through though) so it helps keeps the dust and light out. The book shelf is usually covered by a fabric shower curtain. My FQs and FEs are in clear plastic containers.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 280
Teena replied on Thu, Oct 6 2011 7:51 PM

Thanks for sharing. I have a china cabinet that was my mom's in storage. I am going to bring it out and put my fabric in it. What a great reminder of the past. Putting new memories in a old piece of furniture full of memories!

Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use