Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 210
Pattc2it Posted: Mon, Oct 19 2009 9:00 AM

I can sure use your expertise... I decided to make a jacket using a quilt top and then using fleece for the inside (the patern is reversible).  I don't have a pattern and cannot seem to find one that gives me instructions.  I need to know if I quilt the top with batting and a light backing and then cut the pattern.  The jacket is going back to PA so it can be warm.  I am almost done with the quilt top and really could use anyones input.  Thanks a whole bunch.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 179
Points 2,800
Linda Lou replied on Mon, Oct 19 2009 9:44 AM

Pattc2it,

If you go online to Nancysnotions.com you can find some very nice patterns.  As for quilting before or after you make the jacket, do you want the quilting to show on the inside (reverse)? If so, then you would need to quilt it after you put the lining on.  If not, then I guess you could quilt it before putting it together. 

Don't know if this helps, but it is my two cents worth!!:) LOL

Linda Lou

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 546
Points 11,066
Happy replied on Mon, Oct 19 2009 10:11 AM

I made one from a sweet shirt took off all the cuffs and neck line sewed peice of fabric together into one big peice layed the shrit paice one it cut it out then sewed it back together

Happy

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 210
Pattc2it replied on Thu, Oct 22 2009 9:36 AM

Thank you very much for responding.  I had heard of this from a sewing center at Joanns Fabrics.  What a terrific idea.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 210
Pattc2it replied on Thu, Oct 22 2009 11:52 AM

I've just been checking out her site.  Thank you so much it does have a lot of good stuff.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 961
Points 11,961
Anita replied on Sun, Oct 25 2009 3:02 AM

Pattc2it:
I don't have a pattern and cannot seem to find one that gives me instructions. 

hi Pattc2it  If you go online nancysnotions.com you can find some very nice patterns

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use