Studio Fabric Cutter by AccuQuilt

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 36 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,398 Posts
Points 175,508
Marie posted on Tue, Sep 6 2011 3:31 PM

Does anyone own the Studio Fabric Cutter by AccuQuilt?  What do you have to say about it pros or cons?  Is $399 a good price?  Need input by end of day, sale ends today.  Also if you own it what dies would you recommend as must haves?  Thanks for your input.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,394 Posts
Points 27,280

Marie:

Ms MoomMist:
Let's do the next best thing and learn together in cyberspace

Ms MoomMist:
That sounds do able..

MM, I'd love to make a table runner for Thanksgiving.  I'll be in touch when my "GO" arrives.  We could mutually choose the pattern and give our "GO" a go!  I'm excited to receive it now!  (((((HUGS)))))

Ok, I just downloaded some things from Accuquilt i.e. freebies for EQ, so maybe I'll play with it and see if I can work something up. Maybe an applique with a simple block. will post a pic if I come up with anything good.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,398 Posts
Points 175,508
Marie replied on Thu, Sep 8 2011 4:28 PM

Ms MoomMist:
Ok, I just downloaded some things from Accuquilt i.e. freebies for EQ, so maybe I'll play with it and see if I can work something up. Maybe an applique with a simple block. will post a pic if I come up with anything good.

Sounds good can't wait to get started.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,398 Posts
Points 175,508
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 9 2011 2:22 PM

MM and Judylee and anyone else who owns the Accuquilt Go, what are the absolute essential dies to get by on in your opinion?  I received mine today after ordering it through Amazon on the 7th and having it shipped from Fabric Hut in Virginia.

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,024 Posts
Points 16,170

Hi Marie,

I use the Hexagon for my Grandmother's Garden, the Apple Core has made 2 quilts, I can cut strips faster than the die.  I only buy as  I plan a project.  Your machine came with one of the best dies. This is the first quilt that I made using the GO with the pattern that was enclosed.  Look at how nice the points turned out, I was amazed that this is my FIRST quilt!

Judylee

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,398 Posts
Points 175,508
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 9 2011 5:18 PM

Judy Lee:

Hi Marie,

I use the Hexagon for my Grandmother's Garden, the Apple Core has made 2 quilts, I can cut strips faster than the die.  I only buy as  I plan a project.  Your machine came with one of the best dies. This is the first quilt that I made using the GO with the pattern that was enclosed.  Look at how nice the points turned out, I was amazed that this is my FIRST quilt!

Judylee

Judylee your quilt is adorable!  I'm definitely going to make this pattern, thanks for sharing your quilt and your input on the dies.

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,002 Posts
Points 13,060

HI Judylee, All I can say is WOWOW !!! not only are the fabrics bright and cheery, the design pattern is wonderful. Perhaps I will ask my children to pitch in and get me a machine for a combo B-day & Christmas gift.

Carylanne

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,422 Posts
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 1:30 AM

Judylee, its a really cute quilt!

Maggie

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,024 Posts
Points 16,170

Hi Carylanne,

I just grabbed a handful of fabric and played.  I was shocked that I actually made points!  I have a friend who is also a member on QCA and  who has a web site on EBay.  I truly love her, I call her or mail her for all the latest dies!  She give a discount if you mention me at Silvia's Bits & Pieces.  Make you children shop at her online store and ship it to you. LOL!  Or email them her website as your wish list. That's how I got mine.

Judylee

Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,024 Posts
Points 16,170

Thanks, Maggie!

replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 11:51 AM

Heh Marie, did you ever get your accuquilt?  I just got one, my spouse surprised me last night. Now I just want all the dies. But they can be pricey! Have you found out which Dies are the most useful ? Will you share ideas with me please??  I am excited, I have wanted one of Hesse forever!  Thanks

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,398 Posts
Points 175,508
Marie replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 12:25 PM

Candis, yes I did get the accuquilt go but I'm ashamed to admit that after playing with it for a few weeks it remains on my shelf un-used along with my many impulse buys.  I own the 2 1/2" strip cutter;  Rose of Sharon, which I was supposed to make a table runner with;  Small Value die;  5" square;  Half Square 4" finished;  Critters, plus the cutting mats required.  

Now that you asked me, I got them all out and am excited to at least make the Rose of Sharon table runner.  Thank you.  I'll let you know how it goes, if it goes.

Millbury, MA

replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 12:39 PM

Marie:

Candis, yes I did get the accuquilt go but I'm ashamed to admit that after playing with it for a few weeks it remains on my shelf un-used along with my many impulse buys.  I own the 2 1/2" strip cutter;  Rose of Sharon, which I was supposed to make a table runner with;  Small Value die;  5" square;  Half Square 4" finished;  Critters, plus the cutting mats required.  

Now that you asked me, I got them all out and am excited to at least make the Rose of Sharon table runner.  Thank you.  I'll let you know how it goes, if it goes.

Lol I am glad I inspired you. I got the value dies with my machine, but now I am excited to get the feather die, to use for applique leaves.  I think I want the circles and the hexagons, and maybe  the large tumbler. I have so many scraps to go through. Big pieces. I played with it, and man is it fun. I went on utube and watched so many cool videos.  I love the oes of Sharon pattern also. So much you can do with this thing!  Get to playing!  I think this will be a great tool with the Lund Robin. Oh yeah, I also want the drunkards path. Seems when you cut those, you can never get them all uniform. Oh oh I also want rob Peter to pay Paul dies.  Have always loved the look of those quilts, but what a pain cutting out the pieces!  I know I want, I want!  But I am excited......   I'm hoping I can find low prices on the dies! I'm looking every where to see if sales are on,. Or if someone just doesn't want theirs anymore and is piecing theirs out, you never know!  I am searching.........  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,398 Posts
Points 175,508
Marie replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 12:51 PM

Candis:
 I am searching.

Candis, let me know of any sales.  I would love the hexagons and the rag quilt die but both are expensive, especially if I only use them once or twice.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,398 Posts
Points 175,508
Marie replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 12:55 PM

Judy Lee, the first quilt you made with your GO is perfect for my GGS expected in late Feb. beginning of March.  Thanks for the pic. and thank you Candis for getting me to have another look at my GO!

Millbury, MA

replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 1:03 PM

Marie:

Judy Lee, the first quilt you made with your GO is perfect for my GGS expected in late Feb. beginning of March.  Thanks for the pic. and thank you Candis for getting me to have another look at my GO!

Maybe we should form a swapping group or lending group of dies. We just mail them back and forth to the ones in the group that need to use them for a quilt but don't want to buy them.  That way everyone could try out different ones, ahh it's just a idea.  I will tell you if I find any sales so far Amazon is the best option, or sales at Joann'sJoann's

Page 2 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use