Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 24 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,725
Andrea Dee Posted: Sun, Sep 4 2011 7:40 AM

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and love what I've read thus far.  Live in Spring Hill, Florida (transplant from Long Island).  I am a relative novice at quilting (did a baby quilt 15 years ago and a number of UFO's) and look forward to venturing forward in my quest to quilt.  I love to work (RN), crochet, scrapbook and travel though not necessarily in that order.  I look forward to meeting you all.

Andrea

Andrea

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077

Hi Andrea, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Sun, Sep 4 2011 8:20 AM

Welcome, Andrea :-)    

I got a kick out of your intro line "nuts for fiber" - great way to say you're crazy for fabric!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,820
Points 248,549
Barbara replied on Sun, Sep 4 2011 8:32 AM

Andera,welcome to the club..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 544
Points 3,805
Paula replied on Sun, Sep 4 2011 8:42 AM

Welcome Andrea!!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sun, Sep 4 2011 9:19 AM

hmm, i thought this was going to be a new dietary thread.    nope, another quilt nut. welcome to the nut bowl, andrea. 

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

welcome to the club Andrea.

Margaret

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 4 2011 12:10 PM

Eileen:
I got a kick out of your intro line "nuts for fiber" - great way to say you're crazy for fabric!

Well thanks for explaining that, Eileen.  I'm a little slow this morning and clicked into this thread with curiosity to see who was silly enough to start a discussion thread about fiber in our diets.

Nice to meet you, Andrea.  I "eat" layer cakes and jelly rolls to fill my fiber need.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 4 2011 12:15 PM

Andrea

Welcome to the site.  Hope you enjoy your time with us.  I worked as a RN for almost 20 yrs before I had to take disability.  I did mostly critical care and loved it.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,725

Thank you all for the warm welcome and thank you Eileen for helping to clarify.  Let's face it...can we ever get our fill of fiber?  I can't pass up a jelly roll, cake or fat quarter to save my life!

thanks again,

Andrea

Andrea

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 3,725
Melissa replied on Sun, Sep 4 2011 5:43 PM

artnang@aol.com:
I love to work (RN), crochet, scrapbook

Hi, Andrea! I am an RN too (private duty), though I can't crochet to save my soul and lost interest in scrapbooking right after I bought a boatload of stuff!! I am new here, too, but really loving my new find!

Melissa
http://ardeasnest.blogspot.com
"Love isn't what makes the world go round, it's what makes the ride worthwhile."

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,725

Hi Melissa,

I work ICU (24years), an occasional ER shift for OT (support by fabric addiction).  Are you in Florida?  I'm going to Quiltfest in Jacksonville the end of September, can't wait!  What are you working on?

Andrea

Andrea

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 3,725
Melissa replied on Sun, Sep 4 2011 6:14 PM

artnang@aol.com:
Hi Melissa,

I am in Ohio, so no Jacksonville Quiltfest for me! As for quilting, I am working on thinking about it only right now. Just moved into a new house. It was a foreclosure and needs a ton of work. So for now that is what I am focusing on. I will eventually have a great sewing room, but for a time, it is going to house our bedroom furniture as our bedroom and master bath get redone. I am enjoying reading the posts and feeding my quilting cravings that way.

Melissa
http://ardeasnest.blogspot.com
"Love isn't what makes the world go round, it's what makes the ride worthwhile."

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 1:56 PM

Andrea, Welcome, I live near Jacksonville, FL and will be going to the  Quilt Show on the 23rd,24th,25th of September. I,m originally from Mass. and have lived in the South for 24 years but still sound like a yankee from Boston.  Maybe we could meet at the quilt show? I have never been so it will be a new and exciting experience for me. I love this site so many wonderful people, with the same  (good) addiction as me. I use to like clothes shopping, now it,s fabric,fabric and what ever else Quilters need.  Hope to see you soon!!! Susan

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use