Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla Posted: Sat, Sep 3 2011 1:54 PM

These are the blocks I have finished for my "Star Sampler".   Now I need some opinions/advice.  Should I sash them, and if so, what do you think would be a good color choice for the sashing and borders?  Also, how would you arrange them?  I've tried a couplde different ways, but just cannot decide.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 2:03 PM

Karla, From looking at your Sampler all I can say is, "WOW"!!!!!  I love stars and that hit the chords of my heart!!! Beautiful!!   In my opinion, anything you do, sashing or no,  it's going to look very, very nice.  I love the way you have them placed now. Absolutely stunning!  Make sure you post a picture when you have it done!!

Happy Quilting,

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,700
Points 248,197
Thea replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 2:28 PM

Karla - very beautiful blocks - I would say if you were to sash them that I would use a triple strip with black red black.  and use those same colors in your border - that large Gray print would look awesome as an outer border.  I, too, love stars and you did an absolutely fabulous job making yours!  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,635
Nana replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 2:32 PM

Karla

Your stars are beautiful.  I think a black/red/black sashing would be very pretty.  Or a solid black sashing.  Anything you do is going to being very nice.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,828
Points 248,709
Barbara replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 2:40 PM

Karla, I agree with Thea a Nana, red and black shasing  will make it just stand out,,,You have done a beautiful job on these stars ,, Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,116
Points 29,750
Ramona replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 2:46 PM

Karla,

These are absolutely stunning! Each block just pops on it's own. how about a black sashing with the red/black corner stone? Can't wait to see what you decide. Hugs

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 3:00 PM

Karla, any of the above would be beautiful. This is stunning. Simply gorgeous. You should be so proud.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Beautiful Blocks Karla. You have done a wonderful job with them.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 3:50 PM

Karla, you have made beautiful stars.  I like the idea of the black sashing with black/red corner stones. I think the individuality of each star would show up.  Also grey thread for quilting would look nice.

Agnele

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 4:09 PM

Beautiful, Karla!  Star blocks are among my favorites.  The layout looks great the way you have it and any of the sashing ideas the others suggested would looks great, too.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 280

I'm new to this so I hope this doesn't get posted twice.   Love your color and fabric choices.  Great job.   Stars are one of my favorites.  Your layout looks good, if  I changed anything, perhaps reverse the top corner blocks.  It might compliment the bottom corner blocks better.  Laying out the blocks is really difficult sometimes and it you're like me you keep second guessing yourself all the time.      I agree with the other ladies, it is calling for black sashing with some red compliments.  Please let us see a picture of the finished product.   

Mary  in the Upper Peninsula

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 6:08 PM

beautiful blocks karla,  you have them balanced pretty well.  i would add a border like thea recomended and they will all pop individually.   great job, can't wait to see it finished

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 9:09 PM

What a nice variety of stars, Karla, and I like your colors.  I don't have anything new to add to the sashing discussion.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,017
Kris replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 11:09 PM

Karla,

I just want to say I think your blocks are beautiful. The layout looks fine to me. I like Thea and Nana's idea about the multi sashings and grey border. Nice work.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Sun, Sep 4 2011 8:43 AM

Beautiful blocks, Karla! You've gotten some great advice from folks here, so go with it! Can't wait to see it completed :-)

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use