Top 10 Posters

It's Time for MQ V!

Page 136 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 134 135 136 137 138 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 10 2011 2:09 AM

Be aware that with Kris' supurb instructions you will sometimes have to wait between the first save click and the last save click.   It may take a few minutes for the picture to actually upload.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 395
margo53 replied on Thu, Nov 10 2011 6:24 AM

This morning on the create channel (pbs's) Fons Porter had a show on where they cut off the tips like we had to ahd they recommened  carefully drawing a line 1/8" from  the intersections and then stay stiching along the line before you trim them at 1/4" think this would save us a lot of challanages  will add the instructions to my sheet for the next one i still have half the sashing strips to sew on my blocks at least this morning the wind has died down so i can do my cutting out on the deck

Margo in sunny warm fla (at least this am)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,550
Points 46,960
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Nov 10 2011 7:22 AM

Betty, it was worth the wait!  Beautiful quilt.  I like the corners!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,550
Points 46,960
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Nov 10 2011 7:31 AM

betty.tolliver@yahoo.com:

This is sooooo crazy. I got quilt postet here and in viewers choice [ without its name].  but cannot get it into media. I'm going to quit while I am ahead. BACK to Quilting!

I was able to post in media for you.  Try this:  On the Media screen, click UPLOAD.  Click SPECIFY URL/FILE.  Click the radio button by Link to URL .  Copy this line

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/93/7652.MQ-V-001.JPG 

and paste it in the box by Link to URL.  Save it, name it, describe it and save it! 

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Nov 10 2011 7:43 AM

Debbie, with all the blues and lt browns how about  ( sandy beaches)  for a name anyway that's  what I thought when I saw it .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,787
Points 12,965

Betty -- This is beautiful - love your colors.

Oregon

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 176
Points 2,595

Thank you Kris, I must have done that  fifty times [ a slight exaggeration] , as I said the specify file/url kept getting a little red star.I guess meaning it couldn't find it. Oh well alls well that ends well. I guess that dates me lol.  I'm 77  so I've been around the block a couple of times, but I am still learning and I NEVER give up!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 176
Points 2,595

Thank you Debbie, for you help , patience and comment. I love your avatar.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Thu, Nov 10 2011 12:52 PM

Do you all remember me telling you about the dog (Siberian Husky with the beautiful blue eyes) that we took in as a stray. Well, last night he got into my sewing room and chewed off all three borders of two sides of my MQ V quilt.  I had just loaded it on the frame and still had the top floating.  So today, I will be frogging the borders on the MQ V and hoping I have enough fabric left to re-border them..

In a fit of anger I called Animal Control to come get him as chewing up my quilt was the "straw that broke the camel's (mine) back".  Anyway, after contacting them, I got a phone call back from them and it seems we have found the owner.  We might have to keep him until next Wednesday, but then he should be returned to his rightful owner.  The kid was in jail and was just released yesterday.  Maybe he doesn't deserve to have a dog, but the dog seems to have been well taken care of and who am I to make that decision.   Anyway, I would rather he go back to his owner than to Animal Control, but I'm still upset that he chewed up my quilt.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 176
Points 2,595

Thank you Patty, yes that is where I got the fabric, I have a medium brown print for the backing which I hope to get to tomorrow. I have them coming today to winterize my cooler and a new pipe under my kitchen sink so may get a late start. Hope to get backing pressed and ready. Then on to  quilting.............and Spring.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 176
Points 2,595

Karla,my heart goes out to you, both for the fate of the dog and of your quilt. I will pray that you have enough material and whatever else you need to bring it right again. I put up a swinging  kid gate on my sewing room for that  and other reasons [ one is that my german  shepard is too big ]  to be in here. I have gotten in the habbit of always closing it when I leave the room . Since the dog treats are here when Fritz come in the first thing he does is run upstairs and sits by the gate. ON two different occasions I had left it open and of course he HAD to go in and check it out. Being he is faster getting up the stairs than I am. But as soon as I got there he was more interested in his treat so no harm was done. I was just concerned that there might have been chocolate  available [ I am always telling him chocolate is bad for the baby], although he will be 7 in January.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 176
Points 2,595

Thank you Denise, yours is one of my favorites also.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,733
Points 364,762
Kris replied on Thu, Nov 10 2011 2:49 PM

betty.tolliver@yahoo.com:

Thank you Kris, I must have done that  fifty times [ a slight exaggeration] , as I said the specify file/url kept getting a little red star.I guess meaning it couldn't find it. Oh well alls well that ends well. I guess that dates me lol.  I'm 77  so I've been around the block a couple of times, but I am still learning and I NEVER give up!

You're welcome Betty. I like your attitude. Never give up. I need to remember that sometimes.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,733
Points 364,762
Kris replied on Thu, Nov 10 2011 2:50 PM

Sorry to hear about 'Bo and your quilt Karla. I understand how you must feel.

I hope his owner is good to him.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Thu, Nov 10 2011 3:13 PM

I hope so, too, because he is a good dog, except for puppy chewing.  He tore Kaci's toys to shreds, but that wasn't a big deal.  He's dug 3 foot deep holes in the back yard, but they can be filled up.  He annoys the heck out of Kaci because he's so playful, but that, too, could be overlooked, as she was beginning to get used to it.  But chewing my quilt top up was a definite  "no-no".  Anyway, if he gets out again, I'll bet he comes right back here as he really seems to like it here.  We may end up with him yet.

• | Post Points: 50
Page 136 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 134 135 136 137 138 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use