Top 10 Posters

It's Time for MQ V!

Page 122 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 120 121 122 123 124 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 12:21 AM

Carol, I love the Christmas fabrics -- wish i had thought of it.

Karla, only reason to add another border would be to have more quilt to snuggle under.  Its perfect as is.

Debra, love the pink and black.  Reminds me of my high school days when pink and "charcoal" were our senior class colors.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 154
Points 2,070
Gina C replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 12:31 AM

Karla, I like it like it is, too, unless you want it larger.  I'm still pondering my borders.  Hope to get to them on this weekend. I love your colors. Really turned out pretty.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 4:50 AM

Debra ,I think it is going to be very pretty, I lke what you are going to do for the borders,Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 8:37 AM

Lisa and MoomMist, I love your quilts just the way they are.  The design resemble some weaving.  I like the way it shows your fabrics in a different light..  Hope to see both in the Vewers Choice.  Not a question of which one is the best or not, for me it is just a place to admire the creativity of each one of us, how with the same pattern, we can come out with such different results!

So I hope to see all the quilts in there.  I will be working hard this week to finish mine so it will be in it too!  at this point I am trimming my blocks and still on the fence whether or not to put a sashing.  I really went out of my comfort zone with these kids prints and am looking to tie it all together..... will see.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Wow, everyone's quilts are so beautiful.  I can't wait until I get the time to put mine together, but that won't be until after I complete SIL's quilt.

Margaret

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590

Karla:
I'm still deciding if I want to add the 3rd border. 

I like the borders you used.  The only reason to add a third border is if you want it larger. 

If hubby keeps off the phone today, I might get my Quilt #1 top done and maybe work on Quilt #2.  He has 3 trucking jobs today - first load on and heading to it's destination already. Glad he didn't suggest that I go along.  He doesn't need a secretary today so hope he doesn't think he needs the apron strings attached by phone.  It is hard to hold a phone and quilt at the same time!  I hope the hands work better at quilting than they are typing.  Hope to be posting a picture sometime this weekend.  I need a portable headset phone to wear all the time.  I try to keep the portable phone with me, but it is usually left behind where I WAS not where I AM!!! --- so I have to go hunting for it by it's ringing or be tethered to the wall phone!!!

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
There is not much in life that gives us "Oh's" and "Ah's" anymore.  Be proud of your beautiful work. I am proud to call you all friends. And, we are all truly all fabric artists. 

We are bringing individuality to a mass-produced world!  Our quilts are love and comfort with cheery color thrown in.  You can't say that for the mass-produced "stuff" out there!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590

JAP:
I did rip a few blocks early on because I had switched the center piece and the X didn't stand out.  I didn't think it looked right and since I only had a few blocks together I did a little changing around.  I hate ripping and it does mess up the fabric. 

I think we all did our share of frogging on this one.  I switched one set of middle strips and LOST one middle strip and had to remake it.  The strip will probably show up after the top is finished - probably mixed in with the other quilt I am doing!  That is the problem with doing 2 quilts with the same pattern at the same time! But, maybe it will never be found.  I have too many waste baskets around the house and they aren't checked while being dumped and are too close to the edges of my working areas.  Things to tend to "fall".  I say the house must tilt!! - it is an over 200 yr old delapidated farm house that vibrates when the washer is running and when trucks go by!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 9:48 AM

Marsha-SM:
It is hard to hold a phone and quilt at the same time!  I hope the hands work better at quilting than they are typing.  Hope to be posting a picture sometime this weekend.  I need a portable headset phone to wear all the time.  I try to keep the portable phone with me, but it is usually left behind where I WAS not where I AM!!! --- so I have to go hunting for it by it's ringing or be tethered to the wall phone!!!

My daughter is a mail carrier and is always calling me and wants to talk forever while she delivers mail.  I finally insisted that she call me on the cell phone so I could use a "blue tooth" and talk while I sew. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 209
Points 4,375
Debi replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 10:04 AM

Debra M, love your colors!  I have two design walls hung side by side in my sewing room. You will not regret the purchase.  I have heard that you can use flannel backed vinyl table clothes as well. Just have to put grommets or something into them to hang with.  I love mine. I just don't like the way they fly around when I have the ceiling fan on, maybe weight the bottom ???  I love the pink and black!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 5,005

Debi:

Debra M, love your colors!  I have two design walls hung side by side in my sewing room. You will not regret the purchase.  I have heard that you can use flannel backed vinyl table clothes as well. Just have to put grommets or something into them to hang with.  I love mine. I just don't like the way they fly around when I have the ceiling fan on, maybe weight the bottom ???  I love the pink and black!

I just thumb tacked mine to the wall.  It's not going anywhere!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,787
Points 12,965

Karla:
Here is my quilt using 2 borders...I'm still deciding if I want to add the 3rd border. 

Beautiful, Karla!  I would only add a 3rd border if you want it larger.

Oregon

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,787
Points 12,965

Debra Moore:
I'm going to do a 1" black on black inner boarder, and then use the same bright hot pink as in the bottom right hand block for the outer boarder. 

Debra -- sooo pretty -- your design idea of the black and bright hot pink sounds just perfect!

Oregon

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,787
Points 12,965

My first time ever for cornerstones. I put the blocks together differently than some, but I like it. I've started cutting the fabric for my borders. My hubby brought my sewing machine down to our huge dining room table so I have room to work on this. I've never done anything this big before.

Oregon

• | Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590

Denise_Oregon:
My first time ever for cornerstones. I put the blocks together differently than some, but I like it.

Denise, Now, this is my kind of quilt - controlled!  I love your jewel-tone colors and the yellow is a perfect sashing with the background cornerstones.  Ties it all together. 

• | Post Points: 50
Page 122 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 120 121 122 123 124 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use