Top 10 Posters

It's Time for MQ V!

Page 120 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 118 119 120 121 122 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,326
Points 27,965
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 10:51 AM

Lisa:
....I WILL NOT FROG!! 

Your Quilt is beautiful as it is.  I definitely would not frog.  This is your own personal interpretation of the panel.  Obviously your GD loves it, so that is the most important judge!! 

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 10:53 AM

Marie and Jap, thank you for your kind words.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,463
Points 116,620

Debi, these are both really gorgeous! I especially like the brown and pink one.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 171
Points 2,495

I'm going crazy, I can't post my picture no matter what I try. UGH. Everything is fine except  where it  specifies file/url........I can go to the picture but it won't transfer . I did it before. It is soooo frustrating.. Help !!!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045

Lisa:
I WILL NOT FROG!!

Good decision Lisa, your quilt is beautiful with the black borders. Everyone's quilt looks so great I'm kind of leary of posting mine. I really don't like the dark olive strip after I got the blocks together, it stands out too much. I have a blue green paisley that I may use to replace it. I also may applique a cabin in the middle of the six inch cream squares. Or I may just put my borders on, (a couple of the strip colors), and finish it up for down at the beach.

Judy E

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

• | Post Points: 95
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,033
Points 20,770
Carol W replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 2:52 PM

lcqultr46:
Everyone's quilt looks so great I'm kind of leary of posting mine.

I agree Judy, mine is not up to par, but I'll go ahead and post just so ya'llwill know I finished it!

I finally got my borders on - thinking it's not great, but oh well it's mine!  I'm calling it "Christmas Wishes".

Thanks for looking.  Now on to the one I'm making for my daughter!

Carol W. in Arkansas

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,463
Points 116,620

Carol W:
I finally got my borders on - thinking it's not great, but oh well it's mine

Carol, I LOVE it. Really. It's unique and beautiful. Pretty kitty also. Maine Coon cat?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 73
Points 1,890
Lisa replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 3:42 PM

I don't know why anyone thinks their quilt is ugly -  I haven't seen a single one I didn't like!  Each one definitely has it's own personality.  I think the only thing I haven't liked about the MQ V project is how we continue to compare our work to everyone else's (I am just as guilty).  I do like the vote for a favorite though since everybody needs acknowledgement and "warm fuzzies".  I know I definitely feel better about my top than I did before all the positive feedback!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 1,090
Tara replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 4:03 PM

Judy,

I LOVE this!  It has an oriental watercolor feel to it.  I wouldn't change a thing!  Great job!

Tara

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 154
Points 2,070
Gina C replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 4:13 PM

Carol W., when you click a couple times and really enlarge it, to see it up close, you really get a good look at the fabrics.  I like red and blue Christmas fabrics, and think it looks great. 

I'm working on getting my top together today.  Been a busy week, but I have had it layed out and trying to decide how it will look best.  I love the ones that are sashed, but decided I didn't care for the fabrics I have for sashing, so going without.  Still have to figure out how I want to border it.  Hope to have a picture before too long.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 4:15 PM

Carol W. this is so bright and cheerful. Looking at it just makes youfeel  Christmas Joy and excitment.  Well done.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,033
Points 20,770
Carol W replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 6:48 PM

Thanks for all the comments on my quilt - I too like the colors and I do not think it is ugly, it's just the workmanship.  The borders don't seem to fit right, when I have more time I think I will take them off and remeasure and try again and see if I can't get it to  lay smoother.

Carol W. in Arkansas

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,033
Points 20,770
Carol W replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 6:57 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Pretty kitty also. Maine Coon cat?

Thanks Judy.  I don't know what kind of cat she is - she just showed up at the house one day and adopted us!

Carol W. in Arkansas

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 7:15 PM

Here is my quilt using 2 borders...I'm still deciding if I want to add the 3rd border.  I kind of like it like t his.

• | Post Points: 140
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 395
margo53 replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 7:37 PM

think it looks wonderful and  doesn't need the other border

Page 120 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 118 119 120 121 122 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use