Top 10 Posters

It's Time for MQ V!

Page 118 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 116 117 118 119 120 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Thu, Nov 3 2011 10:55 PM

Well, everyone else is showing their tops, so I will, too.  I used the sashing because I think it corrals the bias edges in and keeps it all straight.  I'm planning to  use the leftover strips for the next border, then will see what it needs from there. 

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 243
Points 6,220

Lisa:
I see you made the same blocks I did - where the "heart" is 2 fabrics instead of 1.

I definitely would not rip these blocks out.  The blocks all look great just the way they are. They are all consistent, and only you would know the difference.  I really like your choice for the sashing.  It will be interesting to see what you decide to use for the border(s).

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,807
Points 248,334
Barbara replied on Thu, Nov 3 2011 11:10 PM

Lisa  beautiful quilt.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,807
Points 248,334
Barbara replied on Thu, Nov 3 2011 11:11 PM

Carol, beautiful Quilt. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,450
Jacy replied on Thu, Nov 3 2011 11:19 PM

Lisa:
One pair of blocks turned out really "anemic" compared to the rest

What about adding a little color to those white pieces with crayons? Try it on a scrap and place it on top of  a white piece in your quilt and see if it helps.

PS  I would not frog these blocks

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 58
Points 995

Oh, I hope you didn't rip out and do over to get "hearts". They look like overlapped rectangles with an X on the top of the pile. March to your own drummer! They are gorgeous. If you want to make the pattern again, mark where you want "hearts" to fall and proceed, but these are lovely as they turned out. Good job!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 58
Points 995

Lovely quilt. That navy/purple color that is the background in the blocks would make a nice color for the binding, or lime green with the purple as the outermost color.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077

Beautiful quilts, everyone

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,560
Points 47,935

I am so impressed with all the tops I have seen. Choosing one is really going to be tough. I wasn't very happy with my jellyroll, but the blocks came together better than I expected. I have mine put together with sashing and borders but am not at all happy with it. I m going to take it apart and leave off the sashing. I really liked the look of mine on the design board without sashing, but did not go with my feelings. That is OK, I am not in a hurry. I have not had time to try and figure out why I can't post pics, but am not going to worry about it. I doubt I will finish the great re-do in time for the judging anyway.

I have been busy visiting my new granddaughter. I  have not been allowed much access to my other two grands so feel almost like a brand new grandma. It is wonderful! Fortunately for y'all I can't post pics cuz I might clog the website, roflol. Happy, happy in my neck of the woods!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Claudia :

Oh, I hope you didn't rip out and do over to get "hearts". They look like overlapped rectangles with an X on the top of the pile. March to your own drummer! They are gorgeous. If you want to make the pattern again, mark where you want "hearts" to fall and proceed, but these are lovely as they turned out. Good job!

Do not rip! The block itself is correct... It is the orientation, but there was nothing in the directions about orientation and that should be a given. I've checked and recheck, I've frogged and defrogged... mine is staying as is and Lisa yours should too. There were no drummers involved unless you count the dogs running in and out the room on a beautiful Autumn day. Personally, I thought  about it, but at this point to rip it out would only harm the fabric.

Personally, I couldn't give a hoot about the Viewer Choice and I have no intention in this point of my life to enter this or any of my work for public judging, so THERE!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

The heart is there, it is just that some have the long on the right and some on the left.

Lisa, I love your quilt! Everyone else I love yours too! I love each and every quilt I've ever seen always have and always will. Just think about it. Where else in the world do you take something apart by cutting, or tearing into little pieces then put it back together in an artistic beautiful way that gives warmth and comfort... Only in quilting.

xoxoxo

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

It is an optical illusion!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,850
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 7:42 AM

Everyone of you who underook this challenge have made totally beautiful quilts.  There are no "wrong" fabric combinations. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Quilters tend to be too hard on themselves, and always are secnond guessing their fabric choices. The is no bad, or ugly quilt. A quilt brings smiles and happiness to everyone. There is not much in life that gives us "Oh's" and "Ah's" anymore.  Be proud of your beautiful work. I am proud to call you all friends. And, we are all truly all fabric artists. 

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 130
Points 2,520
JAP replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 8:43 AM

Carol, I love your quilt.  The colors are so pretty.  I like this design with or without sashing, but I have decided to put sashing on mine.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 130
Points 2,520
JAP replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 8:48 AM

Lisa,  beautiful, happy colors and I like the sashing without cornstones.  No need to rip on your blocks because it creates an interesting background that teases the eye.  I did rip a few blocks early on because I had switched the center piece and the X didn't stand out.  I didn't think it looked right and since I only had a few blocks together I did a little changing around.  I hate ripping and it does mess up the fabric. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 130
Points 2,520
JAP replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 8:52 AM

Debbie, all are beautiful.  It depends on which one you like.  In the picture the zigzag designs seems to get lost in the color without the sashing.  Either sashing seems to make the design in the block pop.  They are all pretty.

Page 118 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 116 117 118 119 120 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use