Top 10 Posters

It's Time for MQ V!

Page 100 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 98 99 100 101 102 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 6:54 PM

Renee, I like it.  Don't give up on it yet, wait until you have all the squares done.  I bet with the right sashing it will be gorgeous!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 395
margo53 replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 6:56 PM

i think you have mixed up your next to  center strips if you have the 4 orange sq around the center you will also get the heart shape  but it will look good when it is all together   accept the challange og the scrappy look

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 182
Points 3,865
Debi replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 6:58 PM

I think it is very cheerful.  I don't like my choice of jelly roll either, but you never know what it's going to look like when it is done.  I nice bright pink sashing and wow, bright quilt for a donation or charity.  Don't give up on mystery quilts. I really enjoy them.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 7:22 PM

Love everyone's blocks. I decided not too put sashing, I have all my blocks sewn together now to figure out what I want to do with the borders. I am really liking the look of my top without the sashing.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,665
Karla replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 7:25 PM

I didn't like my choice of a jelly roll either, but now that the blocks are almost finished it is starting to grow on me a little.  I think if I pick the right sashing and borders, it might even be pretty instead of boring like I thought it was going to be.  So Renee, finish the quilt and if you still don't like it, you can donate it to a charity.  There is always someone somewhere who will love it.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 7:49 PM

Renee:

To everyone who has shown your blocks so far.. beautiful work.. I love the colors and combinations.  

I made a bad choice on the jelly roll, I think I should have chosen something with less patterns and florals.  This was my first Mystery quilt, but I don't think I will continue, It doesn't look like it is going to get any better.

Renee,

It looks like the strips on either side of the center strip are the wrong strips.  You should have the strips with the solid red squares in those positions.  You want to have four squares of the same color around the square in the middle of the center strip.  Like the four black squares in the picture below.

Southwest Florida

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 130
Points 2,520
JAP replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 8:07 PM

I felt so good yesterday morning after making 7 of my 12 blocks.  I laid them on my spare bed so I could admire them when I walked by.   In the afternoon I kept thinking that something did not look just right, and thought if I ever make this quilt again I'm going to change it.  Right before going to bed I looked at the blocks again, and it was crystal clear that I had done something wrong.  I worked with a block I had laid out but had not stitched and looked at the instruction diagram.  I had switched the middle row in every block set, which meant that the three squares around the center square were not the same color.   I was so upset with myself that I couldn't think about it.  This afternoon I decided I to start ripping. It took an hour.  The next time I get to sew I will stitch them together correctly.  They will look so much better.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 130
Points 2,520
JAP replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 8:10 PM

oops, I should have typed four blocks around the center square were not the same color.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,665
Karla replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 8:30 PM

Join the club, JAP.   I had to rip out and redo 6 of my blocks after staring at them and trying to figure out what was wrong with them.  I've now got 15 completed blocks, with 5 to go, and with luck I might get them finished tonight.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 8:42 PM

Oh WoW Maggie, that is going to be awesome!!

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 9:01 PM

Debbie-do:

Thanks Debbie, I think I'm going to name it "Popsicle Summer".  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 9:01 PM

Debbie-do:

Thanks Debbie, I think I'm going to name it "Popsicle Summer".  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 130
Points 1,560
Debby replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 9:36 PM

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,408
Points 40,125
Mimi replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 9:39 PM

How happy and fun.  I love it.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 130
Points 1,560
Debby replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 9:43 PM

Oops...this is my first attempt at posting a picture on QCA.  I resized, but not small enough.  Don't look too closely.  lol

Stitched this together yesterday, but didn't cut the borders yet.

Really sloppy workmanship; shows how rusty I've become after so long not sewing.  I chopped the corners off of at least one block...No problemo!  I'll blame it on the fact that I am feeling under the weather!  Got a little rusty at sewing bias edges.  Can you say streeaattttcchhhh?  lol

Speaking of weather, I don't feel so bad that I missed the motorcycle course yesterday due to being sick.  It was windy rainy and supposedly a mixture of s**w/rain and the temp dropped during the day from 43 to 36 before the sun went down.  Didn't mind staying in and sewing.  :)

Today I've been working on DH's quilt....  tomorrow I will try to get the borders on the MQV and wash some flannel for the backing.  I figure that it's bright and cheery and a child won't mind the imperfect corners!  It will still be snuggly, sturdy and warm.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 100 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 98 99 100 101 102 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use