Top 10 Posters

It's Time for MQ V!

Page 99 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 97 98 99 100 101 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 395
margo53 replied on Sat, Oct 29 2011 6:31 PM

Annie:

Has anyone else left with a lot of background pieces??  Is this what we use for the cornerstones?

Anne think you might have missed  that you are to sew a background to the end of the  section we did last week  so that uses 4 sqs per  group

thought i was going to sew today but my parents caregiver quit and then as i was bathing my mother my father pulled a 4x8 ft  storage cabinet on himself and his head  just has a few scratches and a little blood but it landed on his head and he got out from under it with no help so i spent the day with them to be sure he didn't have any head injury  so still have the last 10 squares to sew together and then the trimming

margo in fla where the sun did come out

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 395
margo53 replied on Sat, Oct 29 2011 6:35 PM

Mimi your colors are so  pretty

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Sat, Oct 29 2011 6:39 PM

I like your originality, and your creativity. Grandma Sal your quilt will be very pretty.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Sat, Oct 29 2011 8:24 PM

Pearl,I love your blocks.  I am partial to blues so I find your blocks very much to my taste. 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Sat, Oct 29 2011 8:32 PM

I picked a jelly roll of kids prints.  I like most of my fabrics but some of them not so much.  I don't know whether I will put all 20 blocks in the quilt or not.  I am not too sure.  I have border and some for sashing, not sure if I will keep these choices.  As I see my blocks developing, I see things changing.

I just can't wait to see everyone's quilt.  They look all very interesting.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Sat, Oct 29 2011 8:39 PM

Mimi that is a lovely combination.  I really like the black (it looks black here) as background.  It makes your colors pop.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Sat, Oct 29 2011 8:47 PM

Sandy, I want say thank you so much for this MQ5.  I really appreciated all the time you spent posting and answering our questions.  Maybe I will be better organized for the next one.  LOL

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,468
Points 41,125
Mimi replied on Sat, Oct 29 2011 9:20 PM
Thanks Angele. I was thinking about your fabrics. I bet they would make a great kid's quilt.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Sat, Oct 29 2011 9:30 PM

Angele,

I know what you mean...my fabric grew on me once I started putting the whole together.  I had chosen purple, green and red for my boarders, but now that I look at the quilt the green is too dark and I think burnt orange would be better for boarders.  Needless to say that's why my quilt is resting for a couple of days.  Everything will work out...it usually does.

Cindy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Sat, Oct 29 2011 9:44 PM

Thanks Cindy,  I was trying to post pictures but I can't get to the sharing of the Mystery quilts pictures.  So far I have 8 blocks done.  I have to say that I like 4 or 5 out of the 8. Maybe when I find what I want for sashing, it will make a difference.  I know that I want the bug fabric for the outer border.  For the rest  I am looking at making alternating blocks, and using either blue or purple for sashing.  Jury still out on this one.  Mimi, I made it with kids in mind, I just didn't know which one.  once I have found out my layout and how to post them, I will take a picture.  So far have a wonderful night and a good Sunday.  May it provide you with a sunny. day and lots of quilting time.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sat, Oct 29 2011 10:10 PM

margo53:

Annie:

Has anyone else left with a lot of background pieces??  Is this what we use for the cornerstones?

Anne think you might have missed  that you are to sew a background to the end of the  section we did last week  so that uses 4 sqs per  group

thought i was going to sew today but my parents caregiver quit and then as i was bathing my mother my father pulled a 4x8 ft  storage cabinet on himself and his head  just has a few scratches and a little blood but it landed on his head and he got out from under it with no help so i spent the day with them to be sure he didn't have any head injury  so still have the last 10 squares to sew together and then the trimming

margo in fla where the sun did come out

Margo,

I looked and I did use the 4 background pieces to finish up the square.  I probably cut more from the beginning.  I have 19 left over, I guess I can cut them down for the cornerstone pieces.

Just finished trimming my first 2 blocks.  Love them.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 208
Points 3,505
Pearl replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 12:50 PM

Thanks everyone.  Am going to squeeze in a little more sewing time while HD is watching the footballs games.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 5:06 PM

Here are my first 4 blocks.  The green underneath will be the sashing.  Think I had the camera too close because it kind of looks washed out. 

• | Post Points: 95
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Points 395
margo53 replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 6:42 PM

it looks beautiful

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 5,400
Renee replied on Sun, Oct 30 2011 6:44 PM

To everyone who has shown your blocks so far.. beautiful work.. I love the colors and combinations.  

I made a bad choice on the jelly roll, I think I should have chosen something with less patterns and florals.  This was my first Mystery quilt, but I don't think I will continue, It doesn't look like it is going to get any better.

• | Post Points: 65
Page 99 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 97 98 99 100 101 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use