Top 10 Posters

It's Time for MQ V!

Page 76 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 74 75 76 77 78 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 110
sandy274 replied on Wed, Oct 19 2011 9:48 AM

This is my first mystery quilt and I admit to being OBSESSED with figuring out what the resulting block will look like.  Jan says she knows (hmmm, what would it take to bribe her to tell ME). Sandy H. gave us big clue when she said the block will end up as 12 inches.  So now I will play with my packets again to see if I can figure it out.  Regardless, I am happy with the lovely fall colors I selected. Can't wait to see everyone's resulting quilt.

Sandy W.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 290
Patty replied on Wed, Oct 19 2011 11:03 AM

I seem to remember when we first were putting our groups together that she said each group will make 2 blocks....that adds another little twist into the mix!  This is soooo exciting, I just can't wait for Fridays!  Patty in NV

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 895
Thanks to all of you for your input. I'm going to cut the rest this weekend. Joann has the Accuquilt go #55100 on sale for $199.99 thru Saturday. I am considering getting one (after all, yesterday was my birthday and I should probably get a belated birthday gift for me- from me- shouldn't I ?) Seriously, those of you who have one - would you buy it again? Do you wish you would have gotten the Go baby one? I would be using it for piecing not applique quilts.
  • | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Points 3,105
kmrchr replied on Wed, Oct 19 2011 6:11 PM

Is it just me or does it seem like on the weeks where there are two steps there is not enough time? This is my first mystery quilt and I don't want to fall behind. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 2,830

Honestly, I think it's just a time management thing!  I had to figure out how I could work this MQ5 in to my schedule.  I have been unemployed since May and just recently got hired part time.  I have chosen to do my sewing on Sundays while my husband is parked in front of the tv watching football.  That's worked out well for me so far.  My children are grown so I don't have to worry about working my sewing around the children's schedule!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Wed, Oct 19 2011 7:22 PM

kmrchr:

Is it just me or does it seem like on the weeks where there are two steps there is not enough time? This is my first mystery quilt and I don't want to fall behind. 

I guess it depends if you have a job outside of the home or not.  I babysit grandchildren and I haven't had a problem so far.  I do a group or two here, and a group or two there, and pretty soon they are done.  Of course, my  house in not clean and nothing much else is getting done, but MQ5 is going along just smoothly.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Wed, Oct 19 2011 7:35 PM

It is so nice to know that I have at least one other kindred soul out there.  My house is a wreck, nothing else but my job is getting done, but MQ5 is ready for Friday...I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS.  You would think it was my first MQ.  Do we love quilting or what?? 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440

I have my steps 4 and 5 done waiting for Friday  to roll around. In the meantime in between steps I'm working on a King size quilt for our bed. Most of the top for that is also done just adding borders so it will be long enough all the way around. Used all Jelly rolls and Quarters so far on this one. Anxious to see the outcome of everyone's MQ5 quilts. All the colors I have seen are great. There will be a lot of beautiful quilts.

Pat B from Southern California

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 154
Points 2,070
Gina C replied on Wed, Oct 19 2011 11:07 PM

I managed to get caught up through step 5.  Finished my last kit today.  Now I will be late getting the next steps again.  I keep having to play catch up.  I'm really having fun with this, my first MQ.  I think when it's finished I'll feel like something's missing.  But I have 3 UFO's that I need to finish, besides the one I'm hand quilting. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Wed, Oct 19 2011 11:15 PM

I finishd my Step 4 yesterday and finally completed Step 5 today.  I'm a little behind as I posted Step 3 in the media section and will try to get the picture of 4 and 5 uploaded tomorrow.  I have absolutely no idea how these are going to be assembled.  Hope my seams are close to accurate  :- )

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 154
Points 2,070
Gina C replied on Wed, Oct 19 2011 11:32 PM

Maggie I have been struggling for several years with getting my seams the same.  I finally went to a sewing machine/fab/quilt store in town and found a quilt foot that fits my machine.  Had looked a few yrs. ago and couldn't find one and decided to try again.  This one actually has the guide bar on it.  I got it yesterday and it made finishing my pieces soooo much easier, and faster. . .and even better, all the seams match. . .as long as I make sure to keep the fabric against the guide bar. lol  I decided to wait till I finish the top to post any more pictures but I'm loving looking at the ones that have been posted. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Wed, Oct 19 2011 11:43 PM

Gina C:

Maggie I have been struggling for several years with getting my seams the same.  I finally went to a sewing machine/fab/quilt store in town and found a quilt foot that fits my machine.  Had looked a few yrs. ago and couldn't find one and decided to try again.  This one actually has the guide bar on it.  I got it yesterday and it made finishing my pieces soooo much easier, and faster. . .and even better, all the seams match. . .as long as I make sure to keep the fabric against the guide bar. lol  I decided to wait till I finish the top to post any more pictures but I'm loving looking at the ones that have been posted. 

I have one of those feet (foots?) and it helps but still have a problem keeping the fabric against it.  I started sing a Stilleto and that seems to help.    I try to take all my pictures from a respectable distance.  LOL

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Wed, Oct 19 2011 11:45 PM

Funny, last post should read  using a stilleto, not sing a stilleto.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 5,005

Yeah!  Just finished steps 4 and 5 with my new BabyLock (aka CoCo).  My favoritist feature right now has to be the automatic upper and lower thread cutter.  OMG!  It makes things so much faster,  and I figure I'm saving enough thread that in 2 or 3 hundred years  CoCo will have paid for herself (lol)

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 355
quiltmeup replied on Thu, Oct 20 2011 12:13 AM

Yes I would definitely buy the Go machine again...definitely worth the money...especially on sale and belated Happy Birthday....the Go Baby will probably be too small for you...I don't do applique and use mine for cuttling blocks and strips...mainly strips but it has saved me mega time cutting and it is much more accurate than me!

• | Post Points: 50
Page 76 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 74 75 76 77 78 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use