Top 10 Posters

It's Time for MQ V!

Page 70 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 68 69 70 71 72 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 7,420
Pat Badder replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 12:57 PM

Hi Mimi,

Yes I did have two strips after step 5. I posted my picture of step 4 and 5 on Media.

Pat B Southern California

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,415
Points 40,220
Mimi replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 1:04 PM

I've been thinking maybe this whole thing is set on point and we will be chopping off all the corners of part 4 to make triangles.  What do you think?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 120
Points 2,155
Viki replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 1:21 PM

Maggie (or anyone),

When I said something about the second set of step 3's the other day, a few people seemed surprised.  We DO need basically 2 sets of step 3 strips, right?  In other words, when you're done with step 3, there won't be any Bs or Cs left?  I want to make sure before I sew them.  PLEASE answer me one way or the other.  I'm thoroughly confused now.

I'm going to finish sewing the first set of step 3s and hope someone has mercy on me and answers the question soon. 

Thank you ladies and all of your materials and combos look awesome!  Can you all quilt or what!!!!  So glad I joined QCA!!!  (Oh, and funny story...I was at JoAnn getting material for something I'm going to attempt to make with a quilt guild - never been before - and ran into another woman in the fabric dept who also belongs to QCA!  How funny, huh??? :)

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Viki

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,415
Points 40,220
Mimi replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 1:31 PM

I didn't have any B or C rectangles left but I did have squares left over.  You will need the squares for steps 4 and 5.  Hope this helps.  BTW I love the plaque.  Sometimes I feel the same way!!

Viki:
In other words, when you're done with step 3, there won't be any Bs or Cs left?  I want to make sure before I sew them.  PLEASE answer me one way or the other.  I'm thoroughly confused now.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 120
Points 2,155
Viki replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 1:46 PM

OK.  This helps.  I hadn't looked at 4 & 5 when I wrote that, so now I know I only need one set of strips for step 3.  Makes my life easier!  So how many strips did you have when you were done with step 3?  How did you use all of your rectangles in those strips w/o using the squares?

I'm so confused! :)

Thanks for the help!

(Yes, I love the saying on that plaque.  I have a small picture on my fridge with the same saying. Mother Teresa has said some neat things.)

Take care,

Viki

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 1:53 PM

OK girls, I finished step 4 and 5 of one of my groups and I have 4 rectangles left of my A group and 2 rectangles and one square left of my B and C groups.  Is this correct?  Don't want to go on until I verify this.  Thanks.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,415
Points 40,220
Mimi replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 1:59 PM

I only have 4 rectangles of fabric A left and some background fabric squares.  Did you make one light and one dark version for part 5?  You should have one strip of each kind.  Mine goes like this:  Background square, rectangle A, square B, square A, square B, rectangle A, background square for the first one AND background square, rectangle A, square C, square A, square C, rectangle A, background square for the second one.  Hope this helps. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,415
Points 40,220
Mimi replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 2:02 PM

I have 24 strips after finishing step 3.  I am making the smaller version of the quilt.  Keep smiling, we'll help each other

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 2:21 PM

Thanks Mimi.  Sandy replied in questions on 4 & 5 and why I have B & C left is because I only made one of each in step 3 so back to step 3 to finish those up after I get step 4 & 5 done.  I'm still smiling.  Thanks for your response.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 2:38 PM

MQer's, after you finish the first 5 steps, you should only have 4 rectangles of A for each group and a stack of background squares left.  If you have any B or C fabrics left (and you only cut what you needed) then go back to Step 3 and be sure you made two of each of the pieced units.

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,415
Points 40,220
Mimi replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 3:21 PM

Thanks Sandy!!

I feel so much better now.  That's exactly what I have.  I thought I had cut too many background squares. LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 3:24 PM

I finally had a few minutes to do step 4 and 5 of my group 1.  I have no idea how they will go together but I am liking it.  Hope to get the rest done before friday.  happy sewing all

Paris, Ontario

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 171
Points 2,495

pbadder, where in Southern CA . are you? I am in Bakersfield, CA.   Well I am finished with steps 4 and 5. I clipped groups tog. with binder clips and hung to hanger with twist ties. Putting them back in baggies gets them wrinkled.  I guess I take pictures of the last 20 quilts I have stacked up. [ I got a little behind in taking pictures] My hands can't keep away from  my material. lol...Then I reallllly am going to figure out my computor. I have just been procrastinating.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 7,420

Betty I live in Chula Vista. Bakersfield is a little ways from me. Chula Vista is way South

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 171
Points 2,495

Pat B. yes you are way south.lol .I lived in Culver City years ago, moved to Bakersfield in1970. Had friends that lived in Ocean Side that have since moved to Wyoming.  Way too cold for me I'll take the heat. Summers are great for quilting....so are fall, winter and spring....It's just me and my dog so basicly thats all I do. well It's almost dark, I have been waiting to take pictures of a bunch of quilts.I have  drapery rod clips to hang quilts from and I close the blinds but it's best after dark so the light doesn't filter through. Its nice to share with someone in CA as no one I know sews let alone quilts.

'

Page 70 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 68 69 70 71 72 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use