Top 10 Posters

It's Time for MQ V!

Page 63 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 61 62 63 64 65 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 120
Points 2,155
Viki replied on Tue, Oct 11 2011 8:08 PM

Thanks!  That's a great idea.  I appreciate the advice.  Heaven knows I need it! :)

(Lunch was good, but no margarita.  I resisted!)

• | Post Points: 0
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 120
Points 2,155
Viki replied on Tue, Oct 11 2011 8:12 PM

I will have to go back and look at the segments and see if they're uneven on just one side.  Wouldn't that be nice?  I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Thanks for your wonderful advice.  I truly appreciate it.

Not Ranked
Posts 18
Points 330

Elizabeth, I love everyone's fabric also, not too sure about my fabrics but I am so excited to finally get started, got my step 3 done yesterday and waiting excitedly for Friday.  Have a great day!!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 400
Points 5,030
Kristie replied on Wed, Oct 12 2011 1:30 PM

Hi everyone!

Here is my step 3.  It's the Countdown to Christmas jelly roll from Moda. I look forward to seeing how it looks when the red mixes in- I find the black and olive to be rather somber for Christmas.  I'm looking forward to our next step.

• | Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 1,105

I've been looking through my magazines at the Christmas wall hangings. I made one last year for our motorhome.  It was one of those last minute panels and I added some borders and then quilted around it.  It really did turn out cute and the kids did like it, so that is important.  I started to cut some dresden circles but got down this weekend and really couldn't even hold my head up.  I have such bad allergies now and it throws me into a horrible sinus infection and there is nothing more we can do only treat symptoms. I've had 2 surgeries and the cystisile?sp abscesses and I am just sick.  Enough of that, but I'm so happy I'm at least up enough to do a few things. I got my stuff on media and I think it will be okay.  I'm wishing now that I had gone really bold and wild.  We aren't so far ahead that I couldn't catch up on a second one, but I signed up for an art quilt program at craftys.  It is no real time and I can copy the stuff and do it on my own if it gets too much with this, but I think I push push push through with stuff and maybe I should just slow down and enjoy one moment in time.  I've been worried sick since my mother passed away last Thanksgiving that I'm going to dye soon and I'm having nightmares, talking in my sleep more than usual just panicking.  I know realistic that this is silly, but there is just something in my head about all this.  This is first time I've admitted this so maybe I will start helping me start facing this  so that I can sleep and quit being frantic.  I have faith and I read the Bible and study it and understand all this, but sometimes your brain just goes wacky, but at 61 you'd think I'd be better at handling it. Little things worry me, Oh well, now you know you have a crazy old broad trying to keep up and be okay.  You all have a good day. Not too far off from Friday.  That is something great to look forward to.  :-)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 120
Points 2,155
Viki replied on Wed, Oct 12 2011 3:41 PM

I love this!  I especially love the material that says "peace, love", etc.  (I'm kind of a peace and peace sign junkie.  Should've been born in a diff. decade!)

I think the darker colors are nice.  Bright reds and greens are everywhere at Christmas.  This is very classy with the darker colors. :)

I had to recut all of my jelly roll pieces (too wide!), so I'm going to have to sew again before I can get to the next step.  I don't want to get behind!!!

Great work!

Viki

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 5,005

Kristie,

I love your fabrics!  And I'm sure that all will turn out just beautifully!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Wed, Oct 12 2011 3:53 PM

Kristie very nice!  Two more days!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 1,105

I guess I don't understand what tags are to be used for.  I just went through there and the ones that had meaning to me I chose. I should have read about it or asked about it before I did that.  Best I did it now. LOL :-)

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 365
Points 6,820

I just completed step 3...somehow my strips became magically closer in value once I cut them up and sewed them together!  Oh well.  That's what a mystery quilt is about!  The background is fine, just the jelly roll strips.  I guess it will be more of a 'blended" quilt!  Maybe not once it is together, we'll see!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Wed, Oct 12 2011 4:41 PM

Kristie, I like your fabric

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Wed, Oct 12 2011 4:41 PM

Greenmonster, it's all good

[Ava, Missouri

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Wed, Oct 12 2011 5:52 PM

Ok, finished step 3...I'm ready for friday and step 4.

Cindy

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 10

I hope everyone is progressing well!  I'm playing a game of catch up; I ended up getting sick for the better majority of 2.5 weeks and I just finished cutting my groups.  I'm hoping that I can start sewing tomorrow so I can at least be relatively on the same page as everyone else.  >.<;;;;

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 10

I hope everyone is progressing well!  I feel like a bit of a slacker since I have to play a game of catch up:  I was sick for the better majority of 2.5 weeks, so I just finished cutting my groups into squares and rectangles this evening.  I'm hoping to start sewing tomorrow so I can be relatively on the same page as everyone else!  >.<;;;;

Page 63 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 61 62 63 64 65 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use