Top 10 Posters

It's Time for MQ V!

Page 52 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 50 51 52 53 54 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,541
Points 51,230
Ginny replied on Wed, Oct 5 2011 3:03 PM

Now Marsha, are we trying to figure out who is really the old lady?????   I have you all beat, My oldest daughter is 54, next one is 53, then come the boys ages 49 and the baby will soon to be 48, in December.   Now just you all hush.  I swear I am only 56.   Oh, Oh, Oh, is that laughter I hear  come on now , everyone thinks my great grandkids are only my grand kids.  In fact when I first cared for the oldest one who just turned 11, I was asked if he was my son. ....Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,575
Points 47,490

Debra Moore:

We're not getting older, we're just getting more time to quilt!

I like that    =)

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 70

Hi all! I'm new to this whole quilting thing. I was commissioned to make one as a gift for someone about a month ago. We thought we had until the end of the year, turns out we have until THIS WEEKEND. I am about to bind it and wrap it up and I. AM. HOOKED!

I ran across this site and community looking for patterns and I've decided to join in on this project to continue the fun, and because you're not all that far ahead of me yet. I have a Jelly Roll that I picked up last week just because it was cute (I actually hadn't a clue what it was for when I bought it).

Wish me luck!

~KayCee
Skeins N Skillets - My Blog

I'm A New Quilter!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,575
Points 47,490

Nancy P :

I am soooo dissapointed!  I got a box from the quilt shop and thought it was my fabric for MQ and was jumping up and down until I opened it and it was somebody else's order that they shipped to me by mistake!!!  Rats!  Hopefully mine will be at the house when I get home....

I

Did you scream?  I would have screamed.  How frustrating!!  Did the other person order anything good?  :-)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 105
Points 2,710

Did you scream?  I would have screamed.  How frustrating!!  Did the other person order anything good?  :-)

Some polyester batting and one lg piece of rust christmas(?) fabric...

Nancy P

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,575
Points 47,490

Ginny:

Oh, Oh, Oh, is that laughter I hear  come on now ,

I didn't laugh Ginny... HoNeSt!!  It was more of a snicker... or a chortle... tee hee... afterall, I'm only 39 and my oldest son is 33!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,575
Points 47,490

skeinsNskillets:

I have a Jelly Roll that I picked up last week just because it was cute (I actually hadn't a clue what it was for when I bought it).

Wish me luck!

Ahhh... it was meant to be!  good luck and welcome to the group!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,403
Points 47,130
Angele replied on Wed, Oct 5 2011 3:43 PM

Well hello to all young and younger..  My mother told me when she turned 80 that from that day forth, she was definitely turning back the clock... So now she is only 72!  I like that way of seeing things.  She still quilts but can't cut the blocks herself, so when I go down, I usually cut some for her.

Great news!  I finally got my steps 1&2 done  Cut my background too but i am not so sure about it.  Might still change it for something better.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 28,485

skeinsNskillets:
I have a Jelly Roll that I picked up last week just because it was cute (I actually hadn't a clue what it was for when I bought it).

Welcome to this chatty bunch!  Hope your in-box is huge.  We like to chat, and I don't know when to stop. 

We have always heard that fabric talks to you.  This Jelly Roll knew what project it was for! ... and you found us!  Have fun.  Sewing - I hope - starts Friday.  We all jumped into cutting and now have 2 days more to wait yet!  I have 2 of the smaller sets of fabrics cut for 2 small quilts.  I have found some tentative additional fabrics set aside for both and I will decide on sashing, borders, backing and binding when I see how it goes together.  The pile of possibilities is growing as I look at my stash and think - that one will be perfect! 

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Angele:

Well hello to all young and younger..  My mother told me when she turned 80 that from that day forth, she was definitely turning back the clock... So now she is only 72!  I like that way of seeing things.  She still quilts but can't cut the blocks herself, so when I go down, I usually cut some for her.

Hey all, I'm with y'all my boys are getting older and I'm 39 and hangin' on, in fact my baby has now surpassed me and told me that my fingers were turning white from hanging on so tight lol! What you think? Should I be 42 now, or just stay 39 lol.   I'm so happy to be among the very young at heart.!

xoxoxo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,403
Points 47,130
Angele replied on Wed, Oct 5 2011 3:50 PM

I love your quilt Annie, and your grandson is very lucky to have you as a grandma!

It looks so inviting.

Angele

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Oct 5 2011 3:52 PM

Welcome skeinsNskillets.  Can't wait to see your fabric.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 2,830

Welcome!  Glad you got the "bug".  It sort of sneaks up on you when you least expect it!  I'm sure you'll enjoy making this mystery quilt and sharing the results with everyone after you complete it!  That's the best part from what I've heard - seeing how different everyone's quilt is just basedon their fabric choices! This is also my first MQ and I can't wait for Friday to get the next set of instructions.  The week just drags from Fri to Fri.....LOL.

Again, welcome and have fun with it!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

Well, I am another quilter who can't read. I cut all of my strips with the "A" directions. LOL! I am just going to sew the mistakes together and make a strip quilt. Kidz Quilts will be happy to have it. I have cut more stips using the correct directions and they are bagged, labeled and ready to go.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Wed, Oct 5 2011 4:27 PM

Debra Moore:

Wow... we ARE a bunch of "old broads". My youngest (son) just turned 29 last Friday.  My middle child (son) will be 31 in March and my oldest (and only daughter) turns 36 this month.  And I turn 52 nine days after her birthday (I know, do the math..)  Yes, I "started" early, but as I get older I'm happier with the age difference.  Hopefully that means I'll be around a lot longer to be with the grandkids and great-grandkids.  My mom is only 68 and loves being the Great Grandma.

We're not getting older, we're just getting more time to quilt!

Debbie, You are like my sister,  She was a mom at 18, a grandma at 34 and a great grandma at 52!!!      I lost 5 in the early stages so didn't have my daughter till I was 22 and 10 months and one day later, I had my son.  They are now 44 (this is the 2-month span they are the same age each year.  Neither of them had kids till they were in their mid-30's so I didn't get on the grandma train very eary.   My oldest grandson tells me that he is the only kid he knows who has a grandma that tosses the football around with him!

• | Post Points: 35
Page 52 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 50 51 52 53 54 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use