Top 10 Posters

It's Time for MQ V!

Page 49 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 47 48 49 50 51 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,318
Points 27,020

OK< OK< I broke through my mental block.  Have my fabrics cut into strips ads sorted into groups.  Have 5 groups cut, taking a break and than back to it.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,787
Points 12,965

I FINALLY got over my fear and started to cut my strips this morning. I have half of my A's done, but that's it so far. Had to take a break.

Oregon

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 5,005

Renee:

I should have known better,  I wasn't feeling all that well yesterday but, I wanted to finish cutting for steps 1 & 2.  Something this morning told me to look at the instructions again.  Opps....I cut all the pieces using the instructions for the A group.    I think I can correct the error without having to buy another jelly roll.  I think I will delay cutting unit the stuff head and sneezing has stopped.

Aw Frack... After reading this post I realized that I did the same darn thing... Now I've got to go back over all 6 groups and "fix" them.... Lord, please help my brain to work right.   Now I have to go back to work (taking lunch now) and try NOT to think about this for the rest of the day.  At least I get to see my Chiropractor this eve, and that will at least help my body feel better. 

"Menopause is not for the faint hearted"

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 5,400
Renee replied on Tue, Oct 4 2011 5:00 PM

Thanks to everyone for the support on my Oops.  It mean a lot to me as I am a relatively new quilter (2yrs), the majority of my quilting experience is from doing charity quilts for an organization called Quilts For Kids.  They give you a kit and the patterns are simple with minimal cutting.

I did have a chance this morning to look at my Oops and even with cutting the wrong size pieces into the right size pieces I am going to be short.  So my quilt is going to be somewhat scrappy as I am going to use my extra strips to fill in the shortage.  I am hoping that what ever we are doing with these 2.5" pieces that it involved  a shape and I can put my scappy pieces in a uniform configuration, so it doesn't look too much like a mistake.

Thanks again for the support.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 370

Hello Beth,

It is nice to meet you.  I live in North Carolina.  I was born in TX and my distant cousins still live there.  Until my Aunt died we used to go everyother year to see them.  Not so much anymore.  I don't have a camera so I cannot send pictures of my jelly roll.  They are a mixture of blues, my favorite color.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 365
Points 6,820

Don't worry - my experience has been that the only person who notices a "mistake" in a quilt is the person who did it!  

If anyone notices that some of the squares are different, you of course meant it to be that way - it was an artistic decision.  ;-)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526

Pamela:

It's interesting looking at all the fabric choices made by the QCA memebers. There is such an variety that the quilts will all be unique. It will be interesting to see the progress as the we all move along with the steps. Cannot wait to see what is next. 

Pamela, did you go back and look at the quilts completed in earlier MQ's?  It is really surprising how different they all look even though they were all made from the same pattern.

Southwest Florida

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,318
Points 27,020

Got EVERYTHING cut.  Worms and the 320 squares.  I took others comments to heart and kept checking the instructions so that I did not cut wrong.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092

WTG Elizabeth

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, Oct 4 2011 7:29 PM

Here are my 10 sets of 3 along with the background fabric.  Looks a bit light but I'm fretting over it.  My daughter picked out the fabric since the quilt is for her.

• | Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 1,105

greenmonstr:

Don't worry - my experience has been that the only person who notices a "mistake" in a quilt is the person who did it!  

If anyone notices that some of the squares are different, you of course meant it to be that way - it was an artistic decision.  ;-)

Yeah, that's what I've heard too,  and the fact that use to women would make a mistake because their belief was that only God could make anything perfect. I go with I try to make it as close to perfect as I can, but there is really no chance of that in my case sooooooo. Went to JoAnn's today and I wanted to so badly to purchase the AccuQuilt, but I'm afraid that I better  not spend that money because then I'm so out of luck getting any other material. Not that I need anymore, but who knows it might not be exactly what I need.:-)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Points 2,685

Marsha, if you have a printer you can print all instructions as they come out and go at your own pace. I did for MQ4 , I have the material but went back to finish ufo's.Now its time for MQ5 so MQ4 will have to wait a little longer. But winter is just around the corner .

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 370

I see no problem with the light colors.  Your daughter did a good job of matching them.  Our children are only small once, give her a wonderful memory for life regardless of what others may think.

Mary Wilson

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Points 2,685

Marie, I bought into  the Craftsy course with Wendy Butler Berns free motion quilting. I have about 20 quilts sandwiched and ready. I am currently doing an alteration on a  bridal dress  for a friend that was delivered 5 inches too narrow. Sheer fabric, two linings interfacings. I found extra lining material at Jo Ann's and she had extra sheer. I have been doing a LOT of praying  to do a good job. Adding 2 1/2  inches on each underarm seam [ double work] and trying not to open it more than  necessary. It has been a challenge. Fortunately I have a LOT of patience and hopefully it will be finished tomorrow so I can get on with MQV I think I have my fabric chosen. I would RATHER be QUILTING!!!!    Love seeing all the fabric choices, they are beautiful.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092

Annie, looks fine to me

[Ava, Missouri

Page 49 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 47 48 49 50 51 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use