Top 10 Posters

It's Time for MQ V!

Page 48 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 46 47 48 49 50 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,771
Points 67,150
Bonita replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 4:44 PM

Born in Hopkinsville , KY moved to Columbia, MO when a teenager. After marriage moved to Ft. Lauderdale ,FL. and here I still am. Always looking for some cooler weather. We had a "cold front" move through on Sat, went from the 90's all the way down to 85. I'm waiting for the end of Nov. that's when we really get some air you can breathe with out all the humidity.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,579
Points 47,555

I'm from southern NH but moved to southwest Texas almost 10 years ago. 

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 5,385
Renee replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 5:34 PM

I should have known better,  I wasn't feeling all that well yesterday but, I wanted to finish cutting for steps 1 & 2.  Something this morning told me to look at the instructions again.  Opps....I cut all the pieces using the instructions for the A group.    I think I can correct the error without having to buy another jelly roll.  I think I will delay cutting unit the stuff head and sneezing has stopped.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 365
Points 6,820

whew!  I cut the first three groups of strips this afternoon.  I guess the next three are up tomorrow...making progress though!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526

Beth Reese:
By the way where are all or some of you from? 

Hi Beth,

On the left side of your home page, there is a link called "Where do you hail from?" that was started long ago.  You can add your name to the list and check out who lives near you.

Southwest Florida

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440

I was born and raised in Michigan, moved to Southern Califonia in 2001 and I love it here. This is my first MQ and am really anxious to see all the lovely quilts that will be made. Anxiously waiting for step @3, Friday can't get here soon enough. Took out some Applique blocks that have been waiting to get done for almost a year now and working on those in between steps for MQ.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 425
Points 9,215
Pamela replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 7:44 PM

It's interesting looking at all the fabric choices made by the QCA memebers. There is such an variety that the quilts will all be unique. It will be interesting to see the progress as the we all move along with the steps. Cannot wait to see what is next. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 146
Points 3,075
QDancer replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 8:00 PM

Renee:

I should have known better,  I wasn't feeling all that well yesterday but, I wanted to finish cutting for steps 1 & 2.  Something this morning told me to look at the instructions again.  Opps....I cut all the pieces using the instructions for the A group.    I think I can correct the error without having to buy another jelly roll.  I think I will delay cutting unit the stuff head and sneezing has stopped.

Renee, I did the same thing...and I have no excuses!! I also was lucky enough to have extras. I made my own "jelly roll" so it turned out okay..phew!!!...[sheepish grin}....

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 1,105

Oops, guess I should have looked at that page. It's called typing what you're thinking without putting your brain in gear. Guess it still seems awesome that you can converse with people all over like we do now.  Penpals were what it was called so long ago and you didn't have to wait a few days to get instructions, it was more like 2 months. LOL.  There are so many different choices of materials for this Mystery Quilt and it is going to be so great to see how all these work together to create these quilts.  Works of Art. I think.  I just love how we are all so afraid of making mistakes and women back in the 1800's did their quilts with only so few choices. I'm getting anxious for Friday now.  Well, better stop for a bit so I can see what else is going on. :-) BR

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 8:36 PM

Renee:

Renee,  I did the first group and when I started 2a and followed the 1b and c instructions, luckily, I did have an extra strip to fix it.   We are all human!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 206
Points 3,655

Not sure why I haven't seen this thread yet (not sure I'll see it again!) I can find discussions & media...but this is a new area.

This is my first mystery that I am committed to (read that as I THOUGHT about starting one last winter, but took so long to pick my fabrics they were done, the 2nd one ran over a 3 month span in a magazine...I picked my fabrics, but never cut them or did the quilt....) I have (Finally) made my final selections and cut/labeled/bagged step 1-2. I'll post a picture in media.

I'm hoping I can keep up. I'm taking a quilting class, a knitting class, doing a couple other online quilt-alongs and still scrambling to finish my "ugly fabric top" for this site.

Can't wait to see how this goes. I tried not to obsess over my fabrics (ha ha) and finally had to just cut and say enough is enough! Done is done! I think I could have shuffled fabrics forever!

Karyn

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 9:13 PM

EIleen, I really like your stripes with the yellow background.  It makes all of them pop and will make your worms very interesting.

I cut my background but after seeing yours, I might just wait and see if I get something better at another LQS. I can't wait to see your worms completed.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 9:45 PM

Hi Beth Reese,

I grew up  in the Maritimes, Canada, and then moved to Manitoba and now live in North West Ontario for the last 23 years.  I cut my background fabric, but I didn't sort out my worms.  I have been busy with gardening, quilting baby quilts and trying to stay healthy. 

It's so much fun to see other quilters worms and background.  I need to  stretch time when I am quilting.  I need to complete quite a few.... and soon Yikes! time flies!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,812
Points 43,714
Eileen replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 9:54 PM

Thanks, Angele :-)  Being on QCA and around other quilters has given me the chance to learn from others' color choices & get - a bit - out of my neutral, all medium value rut! It's nice to hear I can now inspire someone else but I wouldn't be at that point without others nudging & influencing me :-)    (did I spell that right?!)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 1,105

Maggie:

Renee:

Renee,  I did the first group and when I started 2a and followed the 1b and c instructions, luckily, I did have an extra strip to fix it.   We are all human!

Think I should have qualified why  I had the OOps in there.  I didn't look in the head page  then I could have seen where every one was from.  I diidn't even think of looking there.  I have cut so many pieces of material the wrong size so many times and I didn't just do it once I did it 3 x's on this one pattern.  It was one I should never even looked at let alone tried, but I was too stupid or confident ----crazy to understand challenge.  I am challenged LOL.

I just love learning about where other people are from and what their ways of doing things compared to what I know.   I've gotten to know (not very well) some girls from Australia. That was neat to hear what some of their days were like etc. One gal was in Kenyan and she was teaching the class and she would tell us about something that was happening and it might cause her not to get back to us immediately.  Just cool. I've never been to Canada and I've been telling DH how I would really like to go up there us just to see some of it.  Just to say I had been there.  I even have my passport. LOL.:-) I lived in El Paso TX  and use to go over to Juarez shopping all the time and think nothing of it.  Now, it is a nightmare and I feel so badly for some of my friends are still there and those who work at some of the hospitals close to the border, which the one I worked at was really close, they take chances just going to work.  I keep praying they have a miracle there.  Now, I'm completely off quilts, but some of the styles are different everywhere and I just like to see them.  Long winded......sorry.  Have good evening.  Beth Reese

Page 48 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 46 47 48 49 50 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use