Top 10 Posters

It's Time for MQ V!

Page 45 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 43 44 45 46 47 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 1,105

That is such a beautiful place, so peaceful looking. Beth R

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, Oct 1 2011 4:27 PM

Is that not a awesome quilt studio?

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Oct 1 2011 4:59 PM

Well, it took a while for the realization to hit, but after looking at the posted pictures of steps 1 & 2, it dawned on me that they don't involve any sewing.  Darn!  I was planning to work on that at the NW retreat.  So I pulled that project out of my carry-on bag.  I'll be gone past next Friday's steps, so I'll have some major catching up to do.  As some one pointed out, there are going to be a lot of short seams!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,327
Points 27,985

Debbie-do:
WOW!!    I could live there :)

At least we can DREAM!!! ............I think this would be a perfect fit for anyone here. 

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Sat, Oct 1 2011 5:02 PM

Oh such a beautiful setting.  I could be there in 1/2 a minute and never leave..........Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511

Ginny:

Oh such a beautiful setting.  I could be there in 1/2 a minute and never leave..........Ginny

You guys will have to finish the MQ without me!  I'm mailing a check tonight!!   LOL

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

I wonder if I can convince DH to do an addition lol.  A few more trees and I have the lot.

Paris, Ontario

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045

Carolyn

I was going to take my worms to the retreat to work on but now I have most everything for the retreat, all packed and ready to go so I guess I'll take the worms back out of the bin and cut them here at home since there's no sewing involved.  And I also changed one color, I added a darker strip because mine seemed heavy on the medium values. Now I wish I'd decided to go on Sunday instead of waiting until Monday morning.

Judy E. in Enumclaw

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,809
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Sat, Oct 1 2011 6:52 PM

Leslie, Debbie, Kris & Stephanie, thanks for your feedback!! I will play around with the strips a bit more. I'm definitely putting the stripe in that one group & taking the yellow out.

I would have gone with a beige background but all mine don't work with at least some of the strips (I think, in part, because of the white in some of them). I'll have to dig thru my stash & see what else might work at least as well as the yellow.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977

Eileen, I personally like your yellow back ground, looks very pretty with your fabric, but that's me

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,472
Points 362,097
Kris replied on Sat, Oct 1 2011 7:52 PM

Eileen,

I think you should keep the yellow background. I like the felling I get looking at your photos. That's how I select fabrics. It's a feeling.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,472
Points 362,097
Kris replied on Sat, Oct 1 2011 7:54 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Ok, Girls, Ya what to quilt?. This is where you need to live to do it right!! Look what I found: www.welshcorgi.com/hooterhill/

This place is about 30 miles higher, up in the mountains, from us. I better go rob a BIG bank...........!

What a gorgeous place. Since I'm renting right now it wouldn't be hard to just move there. Is it really just $250,000?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,809
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Sat, Oct 1 2011 9:31 PM

Well, a yellow background it is! I pulled a beige and a dark green as well as two fabrics from the line & i'm back to yellow.  I like the dark green for the sashing & a yellow floral from the fabric line for the border. I think I ended up changing some of the groups, but I like these:

Here are two of the rejected backgrounds:

The beige is bland & I sort of like the green, but it doesn't "pop" like the yellow.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Oct 1 2011 9:38 PM

Good choices, Eileen!  I think the yellow is going to set off the strips very nicely, and that small floral will be great as a border - it will compliment the strips instead of competing with them.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,472
Points 362,097
Kris replied on Sat, Oct 1 2011 10:13 PM

Eileen:
The beige is bland & I sort of like the green, but it doesn't "pop" like the yellow.

I agree Eileen. I like what you've chosen to do with your fabrics. I really like the green for sashing.

Page 45 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 43 44 45 46 47 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use