Top 10 Posters

It's Time for MQ V!

Page 10 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 5,385
Renee replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 6:32 PM

Hello,

This looks like a lot of fun.  I just completed my first 1600 Jelly Roll top and I really enjoyed it even though I got my worms twisted several times.

This would be my first mystery quilt, I am looking forward to trying it. 

Renee

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 6:35 PM

I guess I'm going to try this too. My first MQ but it looks like I'll be able to get some help at the retreat next month. LauraLyn - are the colors shown on Ebay for Jelly Rolls pretty accurate? I've never tried ordering fabric online because I like to touch it and see it for myself.

Judy E. in Enumclaw.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 7:31 PM

Patricia Schlindwein:
Also if I want to make it more "queen" size will I need to buy two jellyrolls or will the 12 that are left be enough? 

Hi Patricia,

You will need a second jelly roll, although you probably won't use it all.  I would say you probably want to double your background fabric too.  My second one that I am working on now is going to be queen size but I'm not far enough into it to give you exact fabric requirements.

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 7:37 PM

barblarson:

How many jelly rolls do I need for the larger of the two sizes?

Just one.  Most jelly rolls have  35-40 strips and the large quilt uses 30 strips.

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 7:40 PM

Annie:
Should I buy the sashing, border and binding fabric at once or wait to see how the quilt is developing???

I usually wait so I can see what the quilt wants, but that is totally up to you.

Southwest Florida

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,490
LauraLyn replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 7:40 PM

Judy E. - It's usually very accurate.  I'm always very happy with the color of the fabric when I receive it.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 7:42 PM

barblarson:

How many jelly rolls do I need for the larger of the two sizes?

Barblarson,

You will only need one.

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 7:46 PM

Mary Ann:

How do I sign up for the MQV.  My name is Mary Ann.  Where do I go on the web site to get in the chat forum?

Mary Ann,

You do not need to "officially" sign up to do the MQ. You can just jump in at any time.  We do have a group that you can join that offers another chance to share the fun.  That is the best place to post questions for me to answer.  In the group I will open a discussion for each step specifically for questions.  We also have a designated media section there just for MQ pictures.

Just click on the word "group" in the paragraph above and it will take you to the MQ Group.   The first time you visit you will have to join the group then after that you can just enter the group.

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 7:49 PM

Annie:

Did I read the fabric instructions correctly when it said 30 worms?  Not too familiar with jelly rolls, do they come with 30 strips?  or do they vary?

Annie,

Most that I have seen have 35-40 strips but that may vary.  Just be sure you have at least 30. 

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 8:00 PM

Welcome to all our first time MQer's!

I am really excited to see so many new names in this group.  This quilt is perfect for your first go at a mystery as the directions are very easy to follow and the steps are quick to finish.  Most of you will probably be finished by Friday afternoon and eagerly awaiting the next step!  And there are also lots of experienced MQer's here  so they can help you out if I don't answer your question quick enough.

Unfortunately, I do still work full time (which really cuts into my quilting time!) so I usually can't get on-line until the evening.  But I will check every day to see how everyone is doing and if you ever need one-on-one help, just send me a message via friends and we'll get together to resolve you problem.

Southwest Florida

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 8:42 PM

Annie:
online fabric site where I can purchase the Jelly rolls?

DOn't forget Jojo's Quilt & Gift Shoppe. They are a QCA sponsor and give 25% off all orders plus $5. Cash back (towards a gift certificate) to QCA members for an entire year.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 101
Points 1,615
Katie replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 9:50 PM

I have a question about the Accu Quilt dies.  Since I have 320 squares to cut out I bought their die.  Does anyone know if these dies will work in a Stampin Up Big Shot?

Katie

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 101
Points 1,615
Katie replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 9:59 PM

Someone posted a questions about where to get jelly rolls.  I just happened to buy one 40% off in Tuesday.  This is where I purchased it from.  It has 40 strips and the original price was $35.00

http://www.keamasquilts.com

Quilt/fabric stores in Wyoming are far and few between.  I usually shop online however, Keamas is a wonderful shop I found when I was traveling to a hospital I do some PRN work at.  I do believe that they cut these jelly rolls themselves.  The fabric line they used was Thimbleberries.  They also have a BOM and EVERYTHING is precut and it's $5.00 a month (2 months were $2.75).  This past Tuesday I got a sneak peek at the finishing kit and it is TO DIE FOR.  Since I'm new to Quilting I can't really describe it.

Katie

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 101
Points 1,615
Katie replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 10:36 PM
I have a question about where we are suppose to post, I went to the following site:

When I tried to post I got the following message:

Access Denied: Reply Permission Denied

Either the forum does not exist or you do not have permissions to reply to posts within the forum

Katie

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 10:43 PM

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/mystery_quilt_5/default.aspx

Have you joined the group?  Go to the above link and look for the Join button on the right side.

Page 10 of 165 (2463 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use