Page 2 of 165 (2463 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,462 Replies | 89 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 5,000
Annette replied on Fri, Sep 2 2011 6:23 PM

I'm game!!   I may not have a specific 'jellyroll' but know I have enough scraps/fat qtrs/less-than-a-yard cuttings in a couple of different fabric categories that could work together.   If the pattern would work with a 'scrappy' look, I might use up my stash and make up my own roll  vs buying a jellyroll (as if I need an excuse!).    Jelly rolls are approx 30-36 ct of 2 1/2 inches strips WOF - correct?

Annette

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Fri, Sep 2 2011 6:44 PM

Sandy, I am new to the site, since late last month. How does this work? Is there still time for me to jion in?

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 10

I'm hoping to try this project since I have never made a mystery quilt before.  It sounds wonderful and like it'll be a great motivation for me to finish a quilt in a reasonable time frame.  :)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,295

Count me in,  I've got jelly rolls & plenty of fabric that needs to be made into something.  This will be my first MQ.

Cheryl

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511

MNnancy:
One standard size jelly roll will be enough?

Yes, one standard roll will be enough.  Plus the background.

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511

Jeanine:

I have a batik jelly roll I've been wondering what to do with.  I'm in.

I used batiks for my sample and I love it!

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511

MTAnn:
Do we need coordinating fabric with the jelly roll?

Yes, you will need background fabric.

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511

Cindy:

Sandy,

Just a question....I have a couple of honey buns, would they be suitable for this MQ?

Cindy

What is a Honey Bun?  I'm not familiar with that one.

Southwest Florida

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Fri, Sep 2 2011 9:08 PM

Sandy,  a honey bun is just like a jelly roll but 1 1/2 inch strips.

Cindy

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 320
Points 4,485
Ally replied on Fri, Sep 2 2011 9:12 PM

I am ready for the next MQ, have a jelly roll picked out, just need to get background fabric. Did the last MQ and really enjoyed it!!! Can't wait for this one to get started!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511

Sukochi Lee:

Sandy, I am new to the site, since late last month. How does this work? Is there still time for me to jion in?

If you will go to your home page and look at the menu on the left side you will see a listing called "Mystery Quilt Workshop."  This section includes the instructions from the previous MQ's we have done.  If you look this over you can see how the process works.

Basically, what happens is we post a new step every Friday until we complete a quilt top, which takes about 6 weeks.  The patterns are fairly easy so anyone can participate and the steps are broken down so they can be completed before the next step is posted.  After the final step is posted, we allow a few weeks to complete the tops, then we all vote for our favorite to select the Viewer's Choice.  There is no prize for this award, but your quilt will be used for the avatar for that MQ group and you will receive the adulation of your quilting peers!

Of course, as we go along we post pics to share how our blocks are coming together and spend lots of time "chatting" about how we're doing.  It's a great project to do as a group and at the end of 6 weeks, you have a new quilt.  I hope all of you "newbies" will join in the fun.

Now ... NO MORE HINTS!  Just a couple more weeks and we'll get started.

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511

Cindy:
Sandy,  a honey bun is just like a jelly roll but 1 1/2 inch strips.

Sorry, the honey bun will not work.  Needs to be 2-1/2" wide strips x WOF.

Southwest Florida

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812
MNnancy replied on Fri, Sep 2 2011 9:30 PM

Sandy, will you be posting more specific info about the fabrics we'll need in a couple of weeks, or are we to be shopping for one jelly roll and a coordinating fabric now?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 12:10 PM

Count me in.  I have been waiting to do another MQ.  I don't have anything specific yet but will get it.

Angele

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 12:20 PM

I tried to locate the Mystery Quilt V site and couldn't.  Is it up yet?  What is the date that the MQ will begin?

Just getting antsy....

Angele

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Page 2 of 165 (2463 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use