Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 483 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 481 482 483 484 485 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 2,770
Trudy replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 8:35 PM | Locked

Diane,

You hit the nail on the head.  I never have been type A but I just needed more control over myself.  I have all the greatest of intentions and then they get the best of me.  I have made a list of the quilts I want/need to make and I check them off and date them when I am done...this helps me to see that I am finishing what I set out to do....really a great improvement from my former self.  If the fabric choices wern't so darn appealing, I wouldn't have a problem...like how I deflected the blame,,,

I wish you success tomorrow.

Trudy

Downey, CA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 8:39 PM | Locked
I think my type, is just being lazy lol.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 10:35 PM | Locked

Didn't manage to do any sewing today.  Tomorrow isn't looking any better at the moment.  Instead it looks like I am headed toward another RA flare....bah humbug.   Maybe I can get back to the sewing soon...if the wrist and hand pain will ease a little I'll make it.   Hope everyone else is doing lots of sewing and being really productive.   Want to see pics of all those lovely projects.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,106
Points 410,839
gini replied on Fri, Aug 6 2010 12:55 AM | Locked

applekrisp  beautiful quilt   and great quilting     gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,106
Points 410,839
gini replied on Fri, Aug 6 2010 12:56 AM | Locked

Leslie :
I think my type, is just being lazy lol.

i'm a type triple Z   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,798
Points 352,042
Kris replied on Fri, Aug 6 2010 2:14 AM | Locked

Nana:
I am headed toward another RA flare....bah humbug.   Maybe I can get back to the sewing soon...if the wrist and hand pain will ease a little I'll make it. 

Sorry to hear that Nana. I think something in the air is changing and causing problems for people with rheumatoid illnesses. I hope it doesn't last too long.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,798
Points 352,042
Kris replied on Fri, Aug 6 2010 2:15 AM | Locked

Nice work Applekrisp.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Fri, Aug 6 2010 6:03 AM | Locked

Great work applekrisp..

Nana sorry to hear u r not feeling well.. hope u feel better soon..

Made one block last night...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 6 2010 6:52 AM | Locked

Applekrisp- Avery beautiful quilt,Ilove your colors.

Nana-- I hope your RA dosen't keep you down for to long.If your weather has been as miserable as ours I can understand your discomfort.

Today I'm gonna do some more work on the quilt for my mother.  Working on my free motion,it's slow but I'm getting there...Also going to submit a test  today from one of my classes.Right now I'm doing the English and Writing  group ...(oh the fun ) lol. but its required so have toget it done.Can't do alot outside as the weather here has been just to  (#*?: ) hot, and its suppose to get worse this weekend . I know there are other out there  with the same kinds of weather .Have to admit looking foward to autumn and some cooler days. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Fri, Aug 6 2010 7:40 AM | Locked

Applecrisp, that  is so beautiful.  I can hardly wait to see it all laid out.  What a lot of little pieces, but I love  how it blends from one fabric to the next, and such great colors.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,847
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 6 2010 8:20 AM | Locked

Applecrisp, Your quilt is glorious.  I would not have been able to stand that long to quilt on that long arm - My body just says NO at more then 20 minutes... and that is pushing it!

Nana - I hope your flare stops real quick.  I found out yesterday taht I am Vitamin D deficient.  I read about it and it says it can cause our RA to be worse.  my Doctor prescribed it for me and I am to take it once a week for 8 weeks... by that time I will be back for my 2nd appointment with him.  Read up on it - it was interesting to me - surprised to as I sit out in the sun light each day when I can - not direct sunlight as afraid of melanoma as it is in my family but indirect - so was surprised to hear this.

My diet is still going well - another 2 lbs this past week.  I was worried as I hadn't done any exercising this week - with all I had going on over last weekend exercising was on the back burner.  I did work in my garden for an hour though yesterday so chalked that up to my exercise for yesterday - and I did walk tons at both the quilt show and when I was at the guild meeting... I am doing good though - eating 3 meals a day and cut down on my soda intake - drinking a lot more water.  Maybe by my 60th birthday i will be back to what I weighed in my 20s...teehee

I finished the  borders on my rounded log cabin and now am thinking about some applique... so will hang it shortly and try out some different applique - so once I hang it I will take a picture of it and post it.

Still warming up the body for the day - have a warm quilty one too all...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Fri, Aug 6 2010 8:22 AM | Locked

Nancy

Oh please show the complete horses...my love for horses has been lifelong.  Believe me that is long. I never heard about Laura Bursch untilshe was gone.  Oh how I wish I had had the opportunity to buy some of her horses.  If you have any of that fabric left and care to sell it let me know...please.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Fri, Aug 6 2010 8:23 AM | Locked

Applecrsip...lovely quilt!

Oops!  APPLEKRISP!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 123
Points 2,500
Applekrisp replied on Fri, Aug 6 2010 9:13 AM | Locked

Thanks everyone for the compliments.  I am delighted with this quilt.  Sleeve and Binding today and then some final beauty shots...LOL

Diane:  how do you eat an elephant?  One bite at a time...it's okay to have several projects going...that's part of being an artist and feeling your creativity.  My goal is to finish 12 UFO projects a year, one each month!  1 hour on this quilt and then I can work several hours on what I want to be working on...LOL

Gini:  Love the chicken fabric, so fresh.  Your quilt patterns are cute, like that napkin fold for the Christmas table.

Trudy:  never too old to finish up school...it's just like a UFO...LOL, you go girl, think of the sense of accomplishment you will have when you finish and how proud you will be...AND we will all be proud of you as well!!!

Tina and Barbara:  if you are just learning to free motion machine quilt here are some tips that worked for me...NEVER LEARN ON YOUR PROJECT...LOL.  Make up some "sandwiches" of batting and muslin about 18 inches square.  The reason I use this size...it's big enough to tackle some designs and small enough to be physically manageable while you learn.  This also affords you the opportunity to get your tension adjusted correctly before you start on your project.  Now, put on some music that you love, I like classical or R & B while I'm quilting...pick something you like.  Start anywhere on the piece and just let it flow, it's okay if it's not perfect right now, you are playing on scraps (that you can later use to fill potholders, there is a method to my madness).  Have several of these "sandwiches" at the ready.  You need to really experiment and feel the flow before you move on to the big time.  It's also very helpful if you get a piece of paper, lay a plastic cover over it on a clip board and use an erasable marker to just draw quilting patterns...meandering, scrolls, bubbles, stars...what ever your heart desires.  The idea is to implant in your brain, how the needle flows on the pattern.  do this for several minutes and when you feel like you could draw this in your sleep...go to your "sandwiches" and practice again.  You will see an enormous improvement.  When you are quilting your project...make sure your batting and backing are smooth at all times, pin adequately, you may even want to use big basting stitches to make sure things don't move on you for the first couple quilts.  Use a level surface when you are quilting and make sure it is large enough to support your quilt so that it's not pulling at the needle.  I have found that it's helpful to support the quilt over my left shoulder when quilting, rather than hang it in my lap...less pull, more control.  Grab hold of that quilt top and Getter Done!

Barbara - for inspiration, I like to google the word "quilts or quilt tops or quilt patterns" and then switch to the image mode and just look at the photos...also I like to go on Flicker and do the same, tons of inspiration!  And thank you for sharing photos of your quilts, very nice work and your mother will be so delighted, what mother wouldn't!  Those are the treasures of life.

Off to the doctor this morning, he thinks I'm borderline diabetic...which means I am going to have to make time in my busy quilting schedule for some exercise and some diet changes...gotta get this fat a** moving...LOL.   Hmmm...hike with my husband this afternoon or bind the quilt...

see you all later, keep up the great work ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 123
Points 2,500
Applekrisp replied on Fri, Aug 6 2010 9:14 AM | Locked

beautiful Kelly!

Page 483 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 481 482 483 484 485 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use