Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 481 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 479 480 481 482 483 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 1:59 PM | Locked

I wish i could be more type A, although some who worked for me in the past have felt my A parts are pretty darned evident at times.  I was watching an interview of Laura Bush yesterday in which she told the interviewer that, in her home the library was organized with the dewy decimal system...AND showed her kitchen were everything was dress right dress.  Now that is type A. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 2,770
Trudy replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 2:01 PM | Locked

Well Gini, I had only 3 classes to take to get my little AA degree and 2 of them are math and since I hate math, I have put it off for years and years.  I have a good, solid, well paying job that I would only leave if I moved out of state...BUT...if I did move, I would need a BA to get a comparable job at another college soooo I have given in and am going to finish it up. 

Trudy

Downey, CA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,959
gini replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 2:08 PM | Locked

here are the patterns i've picked up and the one for the cute napkins,   i should have put these under the heading "what was i thinking"   or  " more future ufo's"

the napkins are made in a 1/2 circle with two different fabrics turned right die out, then folded back and forth to get the tree shape    aren't these way too cut. 

i just could not resist the turkeys

obviously i couldn't resist the chicken either

these pics aren't great, but this was done in wool, may have to start this soon

i love bear grass, hoping to make an x-mas present for sam, i got the kit, which i don't do often.

and the horses.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,959
gini replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 2:10 PM | Locked

i have 12 of these paper pieced block i won in a drawing.   i will never use them.  would anyone like them   gini

they are 12 inch blocks,  the green is a lot uglier in real life   

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,959
gini replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 2:14 PM | Locked

some fabric i couldn't live without

aren't these chickens cute?      gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 2,770
Trudy replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 2:15 PM | Locked

Well, I have allowed it to get waaayyyy out of hand.  I would hide it in my trunk and then bring it out when no one was around, file it in my stash and act like I had it all along.  I probably have enough to fill 20 large plastic storage boxes...like the ones from Home depot.  I am actually looking forward to digging through to make what I have work. 

Trudy

Downey, CA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,959
gini replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 2:18 PM | Locked

good luck with your algebra class, and your BA.    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 2,770
Trudy replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 2:18 PM | Locked

Gosh, those are beautiful.  Someone could make a quick quilt out of them...maybe even for charity.

Trudy

Downey, CA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 2,770
Trudy replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 2:19 PM | Locked

Love the chickens...

Trudy

Downey, CA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 3:07 PM | Locked

Gini~

Can I have your stars? I'll make it up for charity.....maybe the humane society that we go to and they can raffle it.

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 3:18 PM | Locked

Gini~

Once you get the horses done and all quilted, can I have that , too? Love the horses.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,479
Points 362,147
Kris replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 3:18 PM | Locked

Gini,

I like your patterns and fabric. The chickens are really cute. Didn't think I liked chickens but I'm seeing a lot of them around and they're so fun. I downloaded a bonus pattern from Fons & Porter called "These Ain't No Chicken Feet". I really want to make it but I have to get some of my many projects done first.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,959
gini replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 3:20 PM | Locked

diane, they are yours,   friend me your address   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 3:42 PM | Locked

Trudy~

A reformed Type A here.....now I'm more like a B+. I was always type A and everything had to be done and things were where they are supposed to be and I'd have 90 things going on at once. Well, along came mid life, poor health, s l o w i n g    d   o   w   n and who gives a flying fig except for me if it wasn't done today. So then I swung the other way and would only do one thing at a time til it was finished and that worked good but slowly I've slid back to my wanton ways. I have so many things going now I've overwhelmed meself! I don't know if I'm coming or going or have already been here.

So I'm painting today and thinking about quilting.......what else is new. So my plan is sort of like this. First of all, I'm allowing myself to be a Weekend Warrior quilter. I find it hard to quilt during the week and then berate myself for not getting anything done. So I'll quilt on the weekends and if I get to quilt at all during the week, that'll be an extra star on my forehead.

I have to work on the BOM and get last month's part done. I have 8 or 9 quilts in the UFO pile and I want to start eating into that pile. I have a Downey quilt coming. I have to dig out my embroidery unit and make an August project. I have a star pillow to finish for a friend.

Once I get my arms around the ongoing projects then I'm going to do like you said. I'm going to spend a day cutting and bagging projects. Then I can grab a bag and sew on whatever I feel like but I want to get back to finishing them before I get too many other things going. I lose control of where I am and what needs to be done.

I hope this works. Probably by tomorrow I will have forgotten all about this reserve. :o}

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 4:06 PM | Locked

Gini,I really like the bear grass,beautiful colors. The rest are also very nice.

Trudy, you have yourself overloaded ,lol, sounds like you need a assistant,  good luck  anyway.

Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 481 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 479 480 481 482 483 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use