Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 480 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 478 479 480 481 482 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 495
TINA replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 11:25 AM | Locked

Thank you

I was practicing doing stipping yesterday and my daughter came in and said she could scrabble better than that,  so I need alot more pratice.

Everyone quilts look wonderful!!!  I love them all.

Tina

Tina

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 176
Points 2,830
Shari replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 11:27 AM | Locked

Althea :

Shari:
Thea, a round log cabin?  I

for those who might be interested in buying the book... I am not sure if it is still in production... but is called

Log Cabin in the Round Designs by Barbara Schaffeld and Bev Vickery.

Thea, I can't wait to see a picture of your quilt!  BTW, I Googled the book and there are 4 used books available on Amazon.com.

Shari

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 495
TINA replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 11:28 AM | Locked

Nana

you can do it, you encourge everyone  now its our turn  you go girl.

Tina

Tina

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,828
Points 248,694
Barbara replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 11:32 AM | Locked

Gosh everyone ,sounds so busy today, I planned to work on at least one of my quilts today and get it finished up .At this time I do not have any plans for another one .I have material just don't know what to make,I see all of these exciting patterns ,but just can't make up my mind. any suggestions?????. I have thought about doing a log cabin of some kind ,just to many choices. I do have another Quilts for Kids coming ,those are fun .Well good luck to everyone on all your projects.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 11:51 AM | Locked

i thought it was going to be a relaxing morning, but when sam isn't around to program me, my daughter takes over.   anna needs to be at dancing practice and wil at fiddle camp by 9.  they stop here for breakfast. and anna "needs" me to fix her hair.    wendy calls two minutes after she drops the kids off. her car is dead.  so the few little errands i needed to do are on hold. wendy has my car for her errands.  so, as well as line sitting i have to  pick up anna, pick up wil, and fix my part of the picnic.   all this while wendy is shuffling back and forth between my car and my bike.  depending on how far away her appointments are.   it is shaping up to be another fun day at the howards.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 176
Points 2,830
Shari replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 11:55 AM | Locked

Barbara, I've been there myself a few times :)  When I get stuck on an idea, I take out my favorite patterns and find one I haven't done before, or one that really says "make me, make me"!  Or, if the fabrics I have on hand don't work as well for that  particular pattern, look at your fabrics to get inspiration from them.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure it's going to be wonderful!

Shari

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 2,770
Trudy replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 12:49 PM | Locked

I am finishing up a NY T-shirt quilt (one of 5) that I am making for my sisters.  Since I have to take a college class this semester, I was trying to figure out when I was going to find time to quilt.  So here is my plan...I am going to spend the next week cutting projects out and bagging them so when I have a free moment, I can just grab a bag, and start sewing.  I will save time but still get my Christmas presents done on time.

Trudy

Downey, CA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 12:52 PM | Locked

trudy, that is a great plan,  and i have used it to great effect.  i have several projects cut and planned and ready to go.  usually they are worked on when mom or dad are in the hospital and i am doing a lot of sitting.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 2,770
Trudy replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 12:58 PM | Locked

Thanks Gini, I am glad to know it is a plan that has been tried and that it works.  I have put off taking this Algebra class for 4 years because one, I hate math and the other because it will keep me from quilting.  So this has got to work.

Trudy

Downey, CA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,739
Points 436,625
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 1:15 PM | Locked

Trudy

Perfect plan.  I usually have several projects in various stages.   Right now though I have nothing new cut out.   Maybe after I get the quilting done on my four tops I will be in the mood to start something new.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 1:42 PM | Locked

trudy, why are you taking an algebra class? are you recerting   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 2,770
Trudy replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 1:47 PM | Locked

After years of struggling with myself, I have finally trained myself to only work on one thing at a time...I was so hard because I would get bored and then start something new and nothing would get done.  So now, I stay with it until it is done and that actually makes me work faster because I have others that I want to do but I don't let myself so I hurry up and get so much more done.

Trudy

Downey, CA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 1:49 PM | Locked

trudy, i'm not even close to being that disciplined   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 2,770
Trudy replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 1:55 PM | Locked

It was a matter of survival.  Honeslty, I used to have probably 10 different project started at once from crochet, cross-stitch & quilting.  I would be so overwhelmed with what I hadn't finished that I would just walk away from it all.  So, I had to train myself or lose the art all together.  I wish I could train myself to stop buying fabric...

Trudy

Downey, CA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Thu, Aug 5 2010 1:58 PM | Locked

Trudy:
I wish I could train myself to stop buying fabric...

bite your tongue trudy, i wouldn't wish that on any quilter   gini

gini in north idaho

Page 480 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 478 479 480 481 482 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use