Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 294 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 292 293 294 295 296 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 4:05 PM | Locked

Gini

Too funny.  And thanks for the compliments.  Hope the leg feels better soon.  Are you going to the Dr now.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,407
Points 415,669
gini replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 4:22 PM | Locked

i'll have to wait until monday, trying to decide if i go straight to the ortho doc,  or start with the gp.  

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,760
Points 364,987
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 4:38 PM | Locked

Nana,

Love the table runner. Very cheery.

Great photo of "everyone else". That's pretty much what I've been doing so far today. I've been in bed all day. I was aching badly so I thought it would be best. I did some reading.

I'm going to have a late lunch then venture to the sewing room to see what I can accomplish.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 4:56 PM | Locked

Nana what a cute table runner.  I spent the day in London with my brother and his wife and her sister and my son and daughter.  We had a great day.  I went to the lqs looking for sashing for my SBS but did not see anything I liked, well nothing for the sashing but got a coupleof meters of a cute fabric that I will probably use on a baby quilt, it is a floral that would go great for a little girl.  One of the teachers at work is pregnant and as I did a quilt for her first, I shall do one for the second.  No idea what yet but I think I will look in the "free pattern" section and see what catches my eye.

Paris, Ontario

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541
Snowbird Quilter replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 6:31 PM | Locked

Yep -- I finished the borders on our Mesa Verde "Ugly Fabric Block Quilt"  Our group was given the fabric back in January and asked to make a 12 1/2 block using the "Ugly Fabric" and other fabric's of their choice.  We had 22 fat quarters the girls shared and we ended up with 30 blocks.

Here is the pieced top --

One of our group will take it home to Canada, where she has a long arm then bring it back next fall for the binding.  It will be displayed in out rec hall for the winter and next spring will be donated to a local women's shelter.  We really had a lot of fun with this.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,407
Points 415,669
gini replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 6:35 PM | Locked

patty what a fun project and it will go to a great cause   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,369
Points 242,502
Thea replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 7:16 PM | Locked

Patty, that is a beautiful quilt - I don't see any ugly fabrics... teehee... that had to have been a very fun project to be involved in and you all did wonderful work.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Mar 27 2010 9:12 PM | Locked

Patty Mc

Your quilt is very pretty.  I bet all of you ladies had a ball with that assignment. 

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,418
Stephanie replied on Sun, Mar 28 2010 12:24 AM | Locked

Nana, Love the Easter tablerunner. You picked great fabrics. I can't wait to see what you do with the quilting. Too cute. The bunny in the last pic looks like he has a little pink tongue. It's just the way it's placed on the fabric, but it's really cute. The pic of your DH and fur babies is precious. All tucked in for an afternoon snooze.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,418
Stephanie replied on Sun, Mar 28 2010 12:42 AM | Locked

Patty, I really like all the variation of blocks and fabrics in this quilt. You all did a great job, and what a worthy cause. Wouldn't you just love to see it given to someone. One year I had purchased two gift cards for Christmas one year for families that I worked with that were in need. I didn't want them to know where they came from so I wrote nice cards signing them from a secret Santa  and asked my Boss to tell them that a customer had left them.

When he was ready to give them to the two recipients he called me to the office. He made an excuse that he wanted to talk to me after the two of them left, and I got to see them open  and read their cards, and they had no idea they were from me. It was the neatest feeling, and I just had to admire my Boss for the way he handled the whole thing to allow everyone to share the joy.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,760
Points 364,987
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 28 2010 1:25 AM | Locked

Love the quilt Patty Mc. It's not ugly at all. You ladies have done a wonderful job for a great cause. WTG.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,760
Points 364,987
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 28 2010 1:30 AM | Locked

Well I didn't make it to the sewing machine until just before midnight. After I got up DH wanted to watch "Heroes" on Netflix so we did that then watched another show. Then I wanted a frosty float from Wendy's so we made a run.

I managed to complete 2 SBS blocks and sewed together another part of "our quilt". I'm turning in now. Might read for a while though, not really sleepy.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,418
Stephanie replied on Sun, Mar 28 2010 9:37 AM | Locked

Oooh a frosty float from Wendy's sounds so good.

I did work on a quilt yesterday. I finally put the mitered borders on one of my UFO's. Yay. It took me a long time to get to it because I was afraid I'd mess it up. They're at least 8 inches combined with three different strips that had to match up as well.  I  worked it  out. Oh Happy Day! That's the best thing that has happened to me all week! 

Nana, Congrat's on your DD moving back home, and Gini I sure hope your leg gets to feeling better and that you had some alone time. Everybody needs that sometimes.

Have a great day.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,810
Points 43,674
Eileen replied on Sun, Mar 28 2010 10:55 AM | Locked

Patty Mc, that is one beautiful "ugly fabric block quilt" - your group should be very proud.  It's great that you'll be donating it, too, after everyone has a chance to admire it for a bit :-)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,810
Points 43,674
Eileen replied on Sun, Mar 28 2010 10:58 AM | Locked

What a lovely table runner, Nana :-)  The bunnies are very sweet & I love all the different eggs. Can't believe there's only one more week til easter!

Page 294 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 292 293 294 295 296 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use