Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 286 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 284 285 286 287 288 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,603
Points 247,032
Thea replied on Tue, Mar 23 2010 11:14 AM | Locked

I am getting ready to work on Twisted Stars - I have the iron warming up - the material on my cutting board ready to cut the strips for the paper piecing because i ran out of scrap pieces... whoopeee!  I am sewing with a big smile on my face!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,603
Points 247,032
Thea replied on Tue, Mar 23 2010 11:19 AM | Locked

Almost forgot - Argh!  I haven't finished up Snowmen trail... I turned on the machine and it was set up for free motion quilting so guess instead of Twisted Stars I will finish up Snowmen and hopefully get to Twisted Stars later.  I want to have it ready for the hand work on the binding as have my small group tomorrow.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596
Snowbird Quilter replied on Tue, Mar 23 2010 12:00 PM | Locked

Yesterday I did work on a block for our Ugly Fabric Challenge.  We needed three more blocks to make the 30.  So three of us took enough fabric to make them for next Thursday.  I had to borrow a machine and it took me awhile and a few false starts, but finally managed.  Today I'll go back to the MQ 2.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 553
Points 11,305
Gagoo replied on Tue, Mar 23 2010 12:40 PM | Locked

Judy Iliff:
Any time you want to come and visit,
Gee Judy, you have never invited me. :( Waaaah! LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Mar 23 2010 2:06 PM | Locked

Gagoo:

Judy Iliff:
Any time you want to come and visit,
Gee Judy, you have never invited me. :( Waaaah! LOL

Gagoo -- would you liek a little cheese with your whine???  Maybe we should all just barge in on Judy so we could drool over her sewing room. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Tue, Mar 23 2010 2:53 PM | Locked

Great quilt, Judy! Too funny that we're on the same page. :-)

Gillette, WY

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Tue, Mar 23 2010 2:55 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Gagoo -- would you like a little cheese with your whine???  Maybe we should all just barge in on Judy so we could drool over her sewing room

LOL! Any time any of you are in the this part of the world, let me know. We can all come down here and just stare at things. We could even sew a little if you want. LOL! I'm telling you Glenn is a great cook, too!

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,975
Points 368,777
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 23 2010 3:38 PM | Locked

I finished another SBS block this morning and I have 3 DJ blocks cut out. I hope to finish at least one tonight while at work.

Had some trouble quilting MQ 1. A big bird's nest that got stuck. I couldn't move the machine nor the quilt. I had to slide my hand under the quilt to get to the machine bed then slide my seam ripper under to cut the threads while trying not to cut the backing. I don't know why this happened since the first border sewed beautifully.

After I got the quilt free I left it. Will try again tomorrow when I'm not so frustrated with it.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Mar 23 2010 4:14 PM | Locked

Kris:
After I got the quilt free I left it. Will try again tomorrow when I'm not so frustrated with it.

That is the safest thing to do ----- walk away and come back later when the blood pressure goes back down.  :o) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:06 PM | Locked

Wow leave you guys alone for a few minutes and I have pages of messages to read LOL.  Judy and Judy both your quilts are great.

Kris, I have had that happen many times and it is usually because I have not changed my needle in a while.  When it happens to me I rethread the machine, change the needle and clean out the bobbin area, take the whole thing apart and clean it out. 

I finally finished the blocks for the Ugly fabric even though the competition is done and I am so glad I did not have to judge that one.  They are all beautiful.  My DH liked the blocks so much he had me make it up to a twin size for the guest bedroom.  I just have to put the borders on but here is how it looks.  The top is a half block as I did 7 rows but sides and bottom have black edges so I am thinking a small yellow boarder about 1 inch the same size as the strips and then a 2 inch black border which would be the size of the larger strips where the blocks meet.  What do you guys think?

Paris, Ontario

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,735
Points 437,160
Nana replied on Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:10 PM | Locked

Marilyn your quilt is beautiful.  I love the pattern you used.  I am not sure on borders.  I might would go totally off and put a yellow border on the sides and a little black border on the top and bottom to continue the pattern colors in the quilt.  And then maybe a grey around all of it if you have enough.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:17 PM | Locked

That's an idea Nana, maybe go yellow on the sides and bottom that are black and black on the top that is yello but unfortunately I don't have enough of the grey to do anything but stick it into my scrap bin.  I do have enough of the other two fabrics so maybe just a 3 inch boarder of yellow on the sides and bottom and black on the top and leave it at that?

Paris, Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,571
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:47 PM | Locked

Marylin.. that is a wonderful quilt top.. Nanas suggestion I think is great but u do what ever u like.. I do luv it ...Great job..

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:53 PM | Locked

Actually Kelley if I knew what I wanted to do... LOL.  I told DH Nana's suggestion and he dragged me up to my sewing room to have a look see.  we hemmed and hawed and lined up fabric next to it but because of the way the pattern is, at the top the black goes to the top on one side and only up to the yellow on the other so if we did alternate colours there would be one side that still did not match up.  I may replace the one piece that only goes to the yellow with a black to the top so it matches the other side then do the alternates.  I am going to leave it for the night and look at it again tomorrow before I cut or sew anything.  Always a good idea to sleep on it.

Paris, Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,603
Points 247,032
Thea replied on Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:58 PM | Locked

marilyn sometimes I think about things for quite a few days...

I did work on a quilt today - awesome - got about 1/3 through step 1 of 6 steps on my twisted stars...yippeee!

Page 286 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 284 285 286 287 288 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use