Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 225 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 223 224 225 226 227 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 335
Points 11,972
Judy Johnson replied on Thu, Feb 18 2010 10:53 AM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Where is Nambe NM.  I have an aunt in Las Cruces who has been trying to get us to come out and visit.

Marge,

Nambe is about 20 miles north of Santa Fe. I'm actually headed to Las Cruces on Saturday, returning Monday evening.  My daughter Jaki is going to New Mexico State. l also have an aunt and a cousin who live there. DH and I met and were married in LC, way back in 1971. If you do visit, you'll have lots to see. I'm partial to the higher desert in the northern part of the state, but southern NM is nice, too. And they don't get much snow, like we do.

Judy J.

Nambe, New Mexico

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 335
Points 11,972
Judy Johnson replied on Thu, Feb 18 2010 11:07 AM | Locked

To all who commented on the pink quilt, thank you so much.

It was fun to make. This was the first finished of several for the Northern New Mexico Quilt Guild's annual drive for small quilts for babies and children. Most of the quilts will go to children at a local hospital. The drive lasts until mid-April, but my idea was to dedicate February to the effort, and see how many I could make in one month. Of course, I was too ambitious and have started more than I could finish, so it will take me well into March. I also got distracted with the Ugly Fabric contest!

So far the count is one finished, two in the quilting phase, one with the blocks all made, ready to assemble, and one that is just a pile of fabric and a pattern idea. I also have some other ideas, and am trying to restrain myself from starting any more until I finish these. I can't quilt this weekend because I'll be out of town (see reply to Marge).

Thanks again for all your kind words.

Judy J.

Nambe, New Mexico

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767
Joyce Brenden replied on Thu, Feb 18 2010 11:07 AM | Locked

Pat--

Thank you for your kind words.  Right now it's on my dining room table, but will eventually hang on the wall above it, probably.  I really like the look of it on the floor in my foyer, but leaving it there is totally impractical. 

Kissimmee, FL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767
Joyce Brenden replied on Thu, Feb 18 2010 11:11 AM | Locked

Judy J--

I'd say you're well on your way to meeting your goal.  Such a great use of your considerable talent.  I wish I could get myself together enough to work on more than one project at a time, but when I try to do that, I feel so scattered.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Thu, Feb 18 2010 5:43 PM | Locked

Yea! The ellie wall hanging is done! All I have to do is hand stitch the binding and one part of the sleeve. I'll do that after I get back from dinner with my friend. I'm so excited! I'll take pics once everything is complete.

And because I ca't stand a mess, I've cleaned up all the bits and pieces from the counter and the sewing machine cabinet. I even put some bigger pieces into a baggie for Glenn to take to school tomorrow to give to a former colleague. She about had a heart attack when I told her I threw everything away and I'm not willing to throw those pieces into a sack or whatever to save until there's a bunch. Too messy for me!

I have to say this piece turned out really, really good!

Elephant

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Thu, Feb 18 2010 6:05 PM | Locked

Judy

I can hardly wait to see Ellie.  Hurry......

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Thu, Feb 18 2010 6:10 PM | Locked

Judy Iliff:
have to say this piece turned out really, really good!

Judy, I can't wait to see it!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Thu, Feb 18 2010 10:01 PM | Locked

Sandy H.:

Hi Stephanie.  Where have you been lately?  Missed you -- glad you're back.

Hi Sandy, Thank you. I have been busy as a bug on a light bulb. Working, making samples for more work, paperwork, tax returns and spring cleaning. Whew!Glad all that's over. I have made time to quilt as well. I have the whole flower of the Dahlia pieced. It has definitely been a challenge for me. So many curved pieces, and Y seams. I thought HST's were a pain until I put this one together. The first part ended up as a circle that needed to be attached to the second part. There was no way I was going to be able to piece this and have it come out right so I came up with the idea to buy some watersoluble thread and do a practice base applique on it. I am so glad I did. Now I can use my regular thread to sew over it and not have to worry about all those pins.I'll post a pic when I get a chance.We have company coming starting tommorrow, so I'll be in and out. Haven't had time to catch up on all the posts. Miss all of you.   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Thu, Feb 18 2010 10:03 PM | Locked

Judy, Can't wait to see Ellie wall hanging. Glad you're out of your standards and back to quilting. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Thu, Feb 18 2010 10:08 PM | Locked

Joyce Brenden:

Here's a picture of "Charleston Harbor" which I finished today.  If you'd like to read more about it, check out my blog.  This quilt was a joy to work on, but I'm happy to be moving on to something else.  Yes, I'm still a one project-at-a-time quilter!

Joyce, This is absolutely beautiful! What a great set of patterns and blocks and your fabric choices, well, it's just perfect. Great job! Thanks for sharing.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Thu, Feb 18 2010 10:11 PM | Locked

Althea :

My sewing machine is packed for the trip - hope to make a baby quilt for Cadrian while I am there... will be fun to see the little tyke and wrap him up in a new quilt.  I am taking some blue fabrics with me that I bought last month just for this occasion.

Thea, I hope you have a safe trip and a great time. We'll look forward to pic;s and all the details, and also looking forward to X's and O's. Glad your slump is over. Take care.....

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 403
Points 4,864
Marge Campbell replied on Thu, Feb 18 2010 10:14 PM | Locked

Been so long since I posted...forgot how...almost!

I am down to the binding on the Thanksgiving DWR quilt...quilting is done. 

This is the border in process.  The very ends are the different shades of blue and are quilted in piano key design

I'm just happy it's almost done!

Marge

Margie Campbell
margecam52@valornet.com
TinLizzie18 LS
Littlefield, TX

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 403
Points 4,864
Marge Campbell replied on Thu, Feb 18 2010 10:16 PM | Locked

Now that I am done...finally had hubby cut out my plexiglass for my extended base...and with two layers of blue painter's tape (one on each side), he was able to get a nice, clean cut with a jig/sabre saw.  Yay!  Sure wish I had it for this quilt though.  Will for the next quilt.

Margie Campbell
margecam52@valornet.com
TinLizzie18 LS
Littlefield, TX

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Thu, Feb 18 2010 10:36 PM | Locked

Marge, The DWR just turned out fabulous. Love the designs you quilted in the blue areas. It really makes everything stand out. I also love that your machine's stitches look like hand quilting. It's been so long since you told us what kind of machine you use, I'd love to know again? Congrats on your Hubby getting that perfect cut on the plexiglass as well. What a great feeling it must be to have this almost finished. I look at all the piecing that went into this and am in awe. Thanks for sharing. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Thu, Feb 18 2010 10:37 PM | Locked

Marge

Your quilt is gorgeous and the quilting is superb.  WTG.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 225 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 223 224 225 226 227 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use