Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 189 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 187 188 189 190 191 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 21 2010 2:22 PM | Locked

Judy

Since Eileen got me started on songs we could sing 43 old states left to go, 43 states left...take one and kick it out....42 states left to go...........

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,479
Carol replied on Thu, Jan 21 2010 5:00 PM | Locked

Sandy H.:
I air dry it outside the rest of the way because I like the fresh scent from drying in the sun

I,m with you Sandy. There is nothing like fresh air and sunshine for drying quilts and anything else

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,596
Points 48,415
Pat Lancaster replied on Thu, Jan 21 2010 6:43 PM | Locked

I haven't worked on a quilt today although I did walk into my sewing room. I felt like a truck had ru over me when I got out of bed this morning. I felt better through the day, but am planning on going to bed by 8 tonight. I have zero energy. You are so right. working through this is hard.

My dil and I are planning on going to an Amish auction for Hatian Relief. They have it every year, but this year of course it seems much more relevannt. They auction off quilts  and Amish furniture among other things.Tomorrow night you can preview the items for auction then the auction begins at 8 am on Sat. Breakfast at 6am. LOL, no way are we gonna do breakfast! Hate to admit that I am wondering if I can do it. Maybe if I take a nap when I get home from work. . .

Still no email coming through. Sorry if I mistt your post, I just can't get to all the forums. Well, I am off to get ready for bed. I can hear it calling my name. .

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 21 2010 7:23 PM | Locked

Pat

I hope you get to feeling better really soon.  Also hope you enjoy the auction.  It sounds really awesome....love the Amish products.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 521
Points 9,969
Jean replied on Thu, Jan 21 2010 7:56 PM | Locked

My "Forever Friends" mini quilt group met here today as on every Thursday and we finished the pieced top for a quilt we are doing four our guild's community quilts charity.  I will be putting it on my longarm to quilt and then bind and it will be ready to give at our next guild meeting.  We have a few blocks left that we will be making a baby quilt out of to donate as well.

Time now for some relaxing and popcorn before bedtime!

Patch Up America.....Make A Quilt

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 403
Points 4,864
Marge Campbell replied on Thu, Jan 21 2010 10:43 PM | Locked

Feeling much better now... almost back to "normal" (is there such a thing?).

I have two more rows to put on my DWR...bee ntrying to ind just the right contrasting sashing...not finding it...so may have to rethink my borders...which for me is nothing new...just know it won't be applique!

Margie Campbell
margecam52@valornet.com
TinLizzie18 LS
Littlefield, TX

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Thu, Jan 21 2010 11:09 PM | Locked

Great song, Nana! I'm down to 42 + DOD. Geez!

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,104
Points 252,167
Thea replied on Fri, Jan 22 2010 12:15 AM | Locked

Judy - when you are done you will be so happy - just like when we start a quilt - excited - the middle we get and want to be done and on to the next - then that last stitch goes in and we are so so happy.

No quilting for me today - the arm issue which I have already talked about - they said they don't want me doing anything but the PT to give it a chance - I told them I would give them 1 week but no more as I will not give it up more then that... I haven't worked on a quilt now in 1 week and they have 1 week so that will be 2 total... maybe working on quilt stuff in SL is okay...NO IT ISN"T... that is my rule - no one elses before you jump me about these rules again...lol

I will have my blocks for DJ done by next Friday though...lol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,658
Points 140,938
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 22 2010 7:52 AM | Locked

Sandy H.:

Stephanie, I'm sorry to hear about your job.  Employers want loyal, hard-working employees but they aren't willing to take care of them by giving them enough hours to get benefits.  I've heard that Home Depot and Wal-Mart keep all their employees to less than 30 hrs so they don't have to pay benefits.  That stinks.

Glad you have your painting jobs to keep you going.  Hey, since you are your own boss now, maybe you can get a day off in February to go to the quilt show in Punta Gorda!!  We'd just have to leave our wallets at home!

Sandy, The company changed when the founder diied. He started the company in the stores himself and knew the value of people and took care of them. I gave notice yesterday and got an overwhelming response of "Oh No's , even some tears. But I just have to look at the big picture for me and them. Every spare hour they can get will help. Lovely, lovely people I'm leaving behind. Heavy sigh.....

When is Punta Gorda show? I have company coming in mid Feb. And also when I'm going to faux the entire house of  one of my favorite customers in the world. She is so lively and so much fun and has a beautiful southern drawl that you could just sit and listen to her stories for days. LOL about leaving our wallets home. Hmmm, might have to get creative. Garage sale? Ebay?Will work for Fabric sign? LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,658
Points 140,938
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 22 2010 8:24 AM | Locked

Eileen:

Stephanie - I hope you're getting better, too! Sounds like you're taking everything you can to knock that cold out into space! LOL  Sorry you have to leave a job with benefits, but glad you have something else to do to have an income.  What scale is the work you do? Small objects, furniture, walls?  I know painting can be hard, physical work (lots of prep & clean up, too), so I hope your jobs aren't too demanding.  The results must be beautiful, though.

Thank you Eileen, In the last twelve years of faux painting, my largest project was a 4800 sq ft house. One of my favorites was an art gallery, because the paintings against the golden walls were stunning. I have refinished kitchen cabinets with the overglazed finishes, venetian plaster (gorgeous) troweled finish, stenciling, never really got into murals because I really wouldn't know what to charge. It is exhausting work, as so many of the homes I have done have 12 to 15 foot high walls and some with 20 foot ceilings that have architectural details that they want to embellish upon, so that means climbing up scaffold. I have never learned to pace myself,  I hit the door at a dead run and go that way till I drop. Going to have to change that I think.My perspective when I looked at what I made for working six months working part time for the company for  was $6000.00. I have the potential to make that in one month. Granted the jobs will be spread out and every month won't be like that, and if I work for builder's vs. homeowners they can be slow to pay, but I had no benefits either way, so as long as I am physically able to do this I might as well have the benefit of making more money. In the mean time I will continue to look for a full time job with benefits and trust that God will take me where I need to go. Finally, I am in a place in my heart that I can soley rely on him to do that.  I feel good about myself for giving up my hours to help the people I worked with have more. Some of them have no where else to go and I feel as though I do for now. 

In looking at what      

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,658
Points 140,938
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 22 2010 8:47 AM | Locked

Nana:

I am working on a quilt today.  I have one on the frame to quilt but need thread.  DH is going by the LQS on his lunch hour to pick some up for me.  I have also gotten an applique center block ready to do the hand work on.  It will be the focal point of a lap quilt that will go to GDs gym to raffle at their Hearts and Flowers gymnastics meet next month.  So better get back to appliqueing my block......

Nana, How sweet that your DH will go into the LQS and buy thread for you! And how wonderful of you to do a raffle quilt for your GD's gym. I can't wait to see pic's. I'm feeling really motivated today in spite of the gray weather we're having here. The sun is trying to peep out so maybe it'll brighten up. I have so much to catch up on here at home and blocks still to be cut, but I wanted to see what everyone has been up to first.    

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,658
Points 140,938
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 22 2010 9:01 AM | Locked

Boots, My heart and prayers go out to you over the loss of your brother.

I love all of your projects, and the fact that they are all so different and that you don't lock yourself into one style. Kudo's to you for doing charity projects as well.

I have never sold any of my work, but if I were to I would have to factor in the price I paid for all materials (fabric, thread, Batting, backing and packaging.) Next  I'd consider how much time I had in the project, is a consignment fee  involved? where I could get the best market to sell it. 

Glad to have you back on line, Stephanie

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,658
Points 140,938
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jan 22 2010 9:24 AM | Locked

Gosh, I didn't realize I had missed so much yesterday and this morning will be filled with 47 posts from me, sorry.

Pat, I sure hope you get to feeling better and can make it to the Amish auction with dil. I would love to venture through that, and what a great cause. 

Jean, Hope you'll show us some pic's of your charity quilt and how neat that you have a mini quilt group to meet with. I just think that would be grand to have a few girls get together and quilt.

Thea, I hope your PT goes well and you can get back to quilting soon and I'm so glad your having fun on SL.

Marge, So glad you're feeling better I can't wait to see DWR.....

Judy, What a daunting task. I'm glad you are still managing the time to check in with us and let us know your progress and hope you are taking a breather now and then.

I hope I haven't left anyone out, I have to get busy now, sooo much to do today but will check in later. Sorry for all the posts in a row and hope you have a great day. Yay, I see sunshine....... 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 2,770
Trudy replied on Fri, Jan 22 2010 10:17 AM | Locked

Hi,

I have 3 quilts that I just finished piecing together.  I am trying to use up some Lady of Guadalupe fabric for a quilt I made for my church.  These are the unfinished tops.

I just pieced this one last night.

Trudy

Downey, CA

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,725
Points 419,764
gini replied on Fri, Jan 22 2010 11:02 AM | Locked

trudy, your quilts are beautiful  and so colorful.   nice job   gini

gini in north idaho

Page 189 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 187 188 189 190 191 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use