Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 36 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 34 35 36 37 38 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 28 2009 8:10 PM | Locked

kelandjohn@verizon.net:

I bought a new sewing machine Sat. and should be gung hooooo. But halloween is getting in the way of creativity...LOL..   Love to see anyones projects..

Cavey

welcome to QCA Cavey - what kind of machine - where do you live... are you married... how many children... what kind of quilts do you make... are you a quiltoholic - please join us we need tons of members...stop by the where do you hail from and add your name... we love pictures here too...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Wed, Oct 28 2009 8:30 PM | Locked

I have all the rows sewn together for the flannel quilt. I also have one piece of the first border half-way sewn on. :-)

It is still snowing, but not hard. I'm going to work on the binding for StupidQuilt while I watch the Nuggets play Utah.

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 300
Martha replied on Wed, Oct 28 2009 8:34 PM | Locked

I did!  Getting fabric cut for a baby quilt - first grandchild expected in January!  Finished fussy cutting yesterday!  Hope to start sewing by the weekend!  I have to really make a timetable for myself to stick to, otherwise my time disappears!  Between working and all of my other tasks......

Martha

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Wed, Oct 28 2009 8:37 PM | Locked

Good for you, wevridy! Congratulations on the first grandchild, too!

And welcome to the QCA forums!data not applicable

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 28 2009 8:40 PM | Locked

congratulations wevrldy on the quilt cutting and the new grandchild.  I see that you are fairly new to the forums so welcome and please come back often.  Tell us about your quilts and family and just anything and everything that you are comfortable with....we can be a nosey bunch.

Nana

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 28 2009 9:15 PM | Locked

Okay - I was hunting and hunting today - I knew that I had made a Halloween quilt last year - well guess what - I did but I never got it quilted - so it is another UFO- argh and I thought I was close to done with those - but here it is in the quilt top stage - not quilte done - I have some more embellishments to do to it - faces on the pumpkins for one - but it will have to be a UFO till next year when it will go up on the wall as a finished quilt...

the center was a wall hanging - I think the name was Witchy Poo and then I enlarged it with rounds It is now a good size lap quilt and hopefully I won't forget to finish it now...lol

I cut out my tree for my Christmas tree quilt and have it ready to go on the backing fabric which I have yet to sew together - it is all cut out and ready to go - just have to fire up Pfaff....

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Wed, Oct 28 2009 9:22 PM | Locked

Nice quilt, Thea!

Gillette, WY

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,639
Shelia replied on Wed, Oct 28 2009 9:29 PM | Locked

Nana,

taking a break and I've had a couple more ah ha moments lol!  I'm liking it!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,639
Shelia replied on Wed, Oct 28 2009 9:32 PM | Locked

Althea :

Okay - I was hunting and hunting today - I knew that I had made a Halloween quilt last year - well guess what - I did but I never got it quilted - so it is another UFO- argh and I thought I was close to done with those - but here it is in the quilt top stage - not quilte done - I have some more embellishments to do to it - faces on the pumpkins for one - but it will have to be a UFO till next year when it will go up on the wall as a finished quilt...

the center was a wall hanging - I think the name was Witchy Poo and then I enlarged it with rounds It is now a good size lap quilt and hopefully I won't forget to finish it now...lol

I cut out my tree for my Christmas tree quilt and have it ready to go on the backing fabric which I have yet to sew together - it is all cut out and ready to go - just have to fire up Pfaff....

That is cute Althea.  Looking forward to seeing it finished... well next year.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Oct 28 2009 10:19 PM | Locked

dee:

Dee, it looks like winter at your house. I'm not going to complain about our windy weather cause at least we don't have snow. Stay warm. 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 28 2009 10:22 PM | Locked

Thea

I like your halloween quilt ...it is going to be really cute when finished,

Nana

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Oct 28 2009 10:25 PM | Locked

I worked on my table topper. I was going to cut it out tonight but decided to wait as the light is better in the daytime. I did find a piece of fabric to replace the one I did not like in the kit.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 55
Wyoma replied on Wed, Oct 28 2009 10:37 PM | Locked

Thinking does count.  I stared at my wall hanging today and decided the binding was to skinny.  Does embroidering red work for a quilt count.  Sittiing in front of the sewing machine is called the "first step". Sitting behind in won't do any good.  lol

Lee, Wyoming

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,635
Laura Lee replied on Wed, Oct 28 2009 10:51 PM | Locked

Nana:
Pics of all those lovely projects would be nice.

No pics yet...just got them all cut out while embroidering.  However I will post pics of new grandson's nursery next time I'm on the other computer where the pics are stored.

Laura

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Oct 28 2009 10:55 PM | Locked

Wyoma:

Thinking does count.  I stared at my wall hanging today and decided the binding was to skinny.  Does embroidering red work for a quilt count.  Sittiing in front of the sewing machine is called the "first step". Sitting behind in won't do any good.  lol

Lee, Wyoming

Well as far as I'm concerned it does. It is part of the process and I consider it working on a quilt, but that's me.

BTW: I see this is your first post and wanted to say Hi and welcome to QCA.

Page 36 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 34 35 36 37 38 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use