Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 737 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 735 736 737 738 739 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 8:36 PM | Locked

Nana:

Steph

I will be happy to give my measurements for any of the blocks as we do them.

That'll be great.

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 8:37 PM | Locked

Stephanie:

Kris,

Another Wow moment. To think that those little cress strips finish at 1/4 inch and those teeny triangles! I can't imagine my fumble fingers being able to hang on to these. Great job.  

I'm with you Stephanie.  I would have to enlarge all of these block patterns that Kris is turning out.  I don't cope well with tiny.   

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 8:44 PM | Locked

Nana,

Can't wait to see it finished.

Diane,

Hope you get a good nights rest.

Marge,

Me too. The FWS blocks will be 6 inches. I think I can handle those.

I need to go nighty night myself. I seem to be running a little bit of a fever and a little tummy ache. Hopefully it'll be gone by the morning.  Have a good night everyone.....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 8:46 PM | Locked

I finally have the top of my drunken batik quilted (it's been a l-o-n-g time in the making), but before I can get to the binding, I have to push it aside to get some Christmas sewing done.  I'm making several sets of wine bags and cozies for friends.  I got the pattern from Connecting threads and I'm using a lot of their fabrics on this project.  Cozies are like fabric coasters that actually slip onto the base of the wine glass.  I'm making them from eight different fabrics so that everyone at a gathering can tell their glass apart from others.  I'll put a bottle of wine into each wine bag before I give the sets away.

Each cozy is finished with a bias strip edge.  I have those cut and seamed and was ready to press under 1/4 inch along both long sides, but I don't have the right size Clover bias tape maker ironing helper.  I have 1/4 inch, 3/4 inch, and 1 inch.  Somehow I missed purchasing the 1/2 inch, and of course that is what I need for this project.  I guess I'll have to run to Joann's after work tomorrow with my 40% off coupon.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 243
Points 6,220
Grandma Sal replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 9:05 PM | Locked

Stephanie:
I wish they could have condensed the templates so that I wouldn't have one print per page.

Stephanie,

I was frustrated when I first started my FWS.  I wanted to print the templates and was not happy when I found only one per page... such a waste of paper.  That is when I started looking for more information.  I joined the FWS group on Yahoo and they have a file section that has all the templates for each block on a single page... so if there are 5 templates for block number 10... you can print one page for that block.

Also there is a blog page created by the author of the book  Laurie Hird where she lists corrections and other information.www.farmerswifequilt.blogspot.com

• Filed under:
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 9:16 PM | Locked

barbara, your scrappy log cabin is so pretty.   thea your sunflowers are great and that background is wonderfull nice work both of you   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 243
Points 6,220
Grandma Sal replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 9:25 PM | Locked

I'm not sure about the link I just posted.  When I tried it, I could not get there.

First I had it wrong, the blog is

www.thefarmerswifequilt.blogspot.com

when I tried again to go there from the preview, I got an error, so you may have to copy and paste to get to this blog page.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 9:37 PM | Locked

Goodnight Ladies, Off to bed if I'm going to get up for work at 3. See you all in the morning, well probably not alot of you lol.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,031
Points 368,952
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 10:08 PM | Locked

Althea :
I finished up my brother's Rounded Log Cabin quilt today!  Too cold outside to do much else and so it is done and will be in the mail to him next week.  Another quilt that is kitty approved.  Tipper was the inspector for this one!

Thea,

it's gorgeous. The appliqué is the perfect touch for this quilt. Tipper knows his stuff. Your brother will love it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 10:21 PM | Locked

I did get to spend some time quilting this weekend :-)  Last night, while DH was at a concert, I worked on blocks for a quilt kit I got at a shop which is now closed - I think I posted some of the other blocks before.

Today I worked up the guts to go to the next step on the Bargello for DH's niece.  My quilting friend who has been helping me has had lots to deal with & will be having cataract surgery soon, so I'm rooting for her to heal so she can get back to her quilting :-)  She's been a big help so I figured I should see how well I can do on this & make her proud (had some classes from her when she worked at my first LQS). So here are half the units for the pattern:

The white spots on the darkest fabric are stickers with the row numbers.  The row at the bottom is really the left side.  So far, this has just been a bunch of strips of fabric so I was really excited to start to see how this will look.  I'll have to make the panel 3 times to make a full size quilt, so lots more to go!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 10:32 PM | Locked

kris, i think your cat inspector just wanted some mom time.      what a sweetie.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 10:33 PM | Locked

beautiful block kris    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 416,944
gini replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 10:37 PM | Locked

thea, your log cabin is beautiful     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,031
Points 368,952
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 10:41 PM | Locked

Thanks for the compliments on my DJ block everyone. 

I've been working on the pieces for block one of the snowbound BOM. I haven't done much sewing since I spent the entire afternoon at work. I hope I can get my block done before I crash for the evening.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,698
Points 248,172
Thea replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 10:41 PM | Locked

Eileen- I love your blocks and your Bargello is awesome - I wish mine had been made with the size pieces that yours is- mine is just too tiny at points.  I can't wait to see this full size!  Great work!

Page 737 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 735 736 737 738 739 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use