Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 727 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 725 726 727 728 729 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,035
Points 369,017
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 9:34 AM | Locked

Eileen,

nice work on the stack 'n' whack blocks.

• | Post Points: 0
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 9:05 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Eileen:
I've got another busy week coming up so if I don't pop in again before next weekend, I hope everyone has a great week

Darn, Eileen, I missed you.  I was going to ask if you are going to the Iowa retreat next September.  If so, I'll bring along some fabric to try my first stack-n-whack, and you can advise me on the cutting.  Yours looks terrific!

Dh is laying down, exhausted after a long day at work & not enough sleep last night & the dogs are with him so I snuck on!! Gee, darn - can't vacuum while he's napping! LOL

I hope to make it out to Iowa - DH & I are doing our vacation plans for next year & hope to work that in. His Dad is from Iowa (Cedar Rapids) & we like the state - very pretty - so I am pretty sure we'll be there. I just have to figure out what he can do while I sew!

I'd be happy to try to help you with a Stack N Whack.  Do you have one of Bethany Reynolds' books? She's the creator.  There are patterns like mine requiring 6 repeats of fabric & some requiring 8. There may be a couple where you can use 4 or 5 - it's best to get a hold of one of her books & see which pattern you like.  You'll want spray starch, too - using it makes the fabric stiff & the bias on the triangles easier to sew.  They;re time-consuming but so fun :-)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 9:13 PM | Locked

Yes, I have one of her books. It would be great to see you there!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 9:14 PM | Locked

Prairie dog, I kept getting error messages when I was trying to post with a quote in it & while some worked, the problem got worse til I finally gave up & just posted comments without quoting the original post. Does this make sense or is my head in the sand? No, wait - is your head in the sand? Is there sand in my keyboard? Never mind - Monday night humor ain't my strong suit!  Maybe my computer has some "splainin' to do ;-> (Ricky's always good for a quote!)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675
Prairie Dog replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 9:30 PM | Locked

Eileen,

I thought someone from QCA told you to stop quoting without footnotes or something.  It was probably your sand issue. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,828
Points 248,709
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 30 2010 8:14 AM | Locked

Here are some more photos of the new quilt I'm working on for the PWSC, I have 5 more blocks to finish them I start on the borders,,Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,828
Points 248,709
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 30 2010 8:17 AM | Locked

I forgot to mention I'm doing all this with scraps, I did cut up a couple of fat quarters, cause I need more light strips..It has been a fun quilt to work on...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Posts 19
Points 325
Quilt Maverick replied on Tue, Nov 30 2010 8:25 AM | Locked

How beautiful!  My grandma taught me that block, foundation pieced on a piece of gingham with a hand needle when i was just a little girl.  (On gingham to keep my stitches straight and even.)

I can't say I have worked on a quilt today, but at 3 am when I couldn't sleep I got up and finished sewing some cool lined and zippered little tiny bags for a Christmas gift! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Nov 30 2010 8:53 AM | Locked

Eileen:

Here are the completed blocks, in two photos:

Eileen.... Haven't you blown us away with your stack and whacks before.  It is truely amazing that all of these different blocks come from that one fabric.  I am going to have to get a book to learn how to do this. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,635
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 30 2010 9:33 AM | Locked

Barbara

Beautiful log cabin blocks.  You have some really pretty fabrics in these.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,828
Points 248,709
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 30 2010 9:41 AM | Locked

Nana, Thanks I was afarid that some of the fabric wouldn't work ,I tried to stay as close to civil war fabric  as I could without buying any . I was really worried the light blue would not work out ,but I think its gonna be okay ,.When its all made there is a neat pattern to the blocks which does not show up on the picture yet ,Ididn't aline them to make it..Hopefully by this weekend I'll be able to post a better photo of the pattern...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,828
Points 248,709
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 30 2010 9:43 AM | Locked

Nana, I forgot to mention the brighter green as a really nice thin dark pasley pattern to it , you can't see it in this picture ,to bad ,its pretty...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,635
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 30 2010 9:44 AM | Locked

Barbara

It always amazes me how many patterns you can get with log cabin blocks.  They are so versatile.  I don't understand why I haven't made any of these......

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,828
Points 248,709
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 30 2010 9:46 AM | Locked

Nana, you should try one they are really fun, Its so awesome to see the block come together as you sew on the strips.. I make have to make some more of these...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,635
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 30 2010 9:51 AM | Locked

Barbara

I really do plan on doing some of these.  It is just one of those things that I always have so many projects going that I just haven't gotten to these....LOL>.   I also like the ones that make a curved log cabin appearance.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 727 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 725 726 727 728 729 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use