Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 710 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 708 709 710 711 712 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 185
Points 2,800
Meggov replied on Fri, Nov 19 2010 8:15 AM | Locked

Kelley - These look great to me! 

Margaret

• | Post Points: 0
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Fri, Nov 19 2010 8:49 AM | Locked

Kelly the fabric sure does go with it.   I think I use big panels of it around the design.  Can't  to see what you decidee.

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Fri, Nov 19 2010 8:52 AM | Locked

Kelly,  I keep getting these "sorry " messages when I try to reply.  The fabric really sets of the design. I think I would use big panels of it around the embroidery.  Can't wait to see what you decide.

Granny M

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Fri, Nov 19 2010 8:59 AM | Locked

Good Grief Kelly this looks wonderful to me.

Granny M

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Fri, Nov 19 2010 9:30 AM | Locked

Yes,Kris "Ladies of the Seas" is very applique' intense, but I found a fabulous secret. I trace all the pieces on to freezer paper, then I use glue stick to fold the seams under before stitching them on the foundation block. It is "Easy Breezy"! I've become the "Sharp Point Queen" lol

Today, DH is finishing the insulation in my sewing room above the garage, so the heat will stay in then perhaps I can really get my dining room back and have a real sewing room - soooo looking forward to that.(another story)!  Slept in this morning, until 8 after an intense day (another story) yesterday. But alas that means little or now quilting today. With Thanksgiving Day now less than a week oh my, I'm missing my needle and thread already.

Kelley, the Turkey and turkey fabric is fabulous! that would be too cute!

HAGD all!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 19 2010 10:03 AM | Locked

Kelly ,this is very pretty and I love the thread, did you do this on a home machine?  very very nice .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Nov 19 2010 4:20 PM | Locked

How cute Kelley.  I think the fabric is perfect for your embroidery design.  Speaking of which, where did you find the cute turkey? 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Nov 19 2010 4:24 PM | Locked

Kelley:
I have been playing FMQ tonight

Not very good????? Girl what planet are you from?  That is beautiful quilting!!!!!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Nov 19 2010 4:29 PM | Locked

Libtech / Marilyn 

Weren't you the one who was asking me about my Hanukkah placemats?  I finally got around to posting a picture of them in my gallery.  You can find them in the show and tell spot too. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Fri, Nov 19 2010 5:51 PM | Locked

Thanks everyone...

Yes this was done on DSM  my Horizon... I am using embroidery thread in the top and King Tut in the bottom...

I need to practice more but the last couple of days my elbows are killing me .. I dont have a nice cabinet for my Horizon yet ... so it sits on top of an antique cabinet  and it is not the right height.. but oh well.. I hope in 3 months or less to have a long arm...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 46,580
Pat Lancaster replied on Fri, Nov 19 2010 7:12 PM | Locked

Kelley, your feathers are beautiful! Mine should look that bad. ROFLOL!

I put a label on MQ1 this morning so it is now in a bag ready to take to my neice. I decided after squaring up MQ1 to put feathers in the border. Because there was no extra fabric to hang on to I had my right hand in a very awkward position so I am now wearing a wrist brace. Note to self - make sure my plans for quilting BEFORE I trim the quilt, lol. I've had problems with my wrist before so this is not new, just painful. I am back to quilting on MQ2. My goal is to finish it this month. We'll see, but I am trying to work on it every day. I am ready to finish up some of these UFOs!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Fri, Nov 19 2010 8:55 PM | Locked

Kelley~

Your feathers are gorgeous. I'm like Marilyn and find them scary. I haven't really tried doing them yet. It's on my list of things to do. I've got so many projects going right now that are on the front burner. Then my new year attack is going to be quilting the pile of UFO's. I might have to send my UFO's to you for feathers! Nice job.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,461
Points 361,952
Kris replied on Fri, Nov 19 2010 9:11 PM | Locked

Ms MoomMist:
Yes,Kris "Ladies of the Seas" is very applique' intense, but I found a fabulous secret. I trace all the pieces on to freezer paper, then I use glue stick to fold the seams under before stitching them on the foundation block. It is "Easy Breezy"! I've become the "Sharp Point Queen" lol

MoomMist,

I use freezer paper sometimes. My problem is that I don't like to trace. If I can print the pattern directly onto freezer paper I find I work faster. I procrastinate when I have to trace for any reason. (My hand isn't very "sure" so my tracing isn't accurate).

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 19 2010 11:21 PM | Locked

I have worked on a quilt today.  I put the last row of blocks around the "bear" quilt and added the border.  Now I am finishing up piecing the batting between the layers and getting it ready to finish quilting.  Hopefully I will be able to do some quilting tomorrow.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Fri, Nov 19 2010 11:32 PM | Locked

I did do some cutting tonight.. I cut some blocks from my stash for the" home of the brave" quilt blocks .. and maybe tomorrow Ill sew them...

Have a great weekend everyone

Kelley

Page 710 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 708 709 710 711 712 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use