Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 703 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 701 702 703 704 705 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 6:04 PM | Locked

I did quilt today.  I decided that I did not want to buy more material for my MQ3 so I looked in my stash and had 4 different purples.  2 are from the front and there was not much of them and 2 others that I had a total of 5 yards of.  DH suggested I cut rectangles and use them up so that is what I did.  I just cut 115 rectangles 5-1/2x9-1/2" and will start to put them together tomorrow with the "throw them in a bag and pull" technique.

Paris, Ontario

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 157
Points 3,305
eesvette replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 6:21 PM | Locked

I have 2 Berninas with the stitch regulator.  I have used it with just about every shade of all colors and have never had this problem.  I have used it both for fmq and on my sewing table and on a frame.

Elizabeth

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 6:55 PM | Locked

Marilyn

That sounds interesting.  Cant wait to see what you come up with.

Granny M

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 108
Points 2,570
Lorraine Jinks replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 7:54 PM | Locked

Elizabeth

I have 2 Berninas with the stitch regulator.  I have used it with just about every shade of all colors and have never had this problem.  I have used it both for fmq and on my sewing table and on a frame.

Elizabeth, which Berninas do you have. I have the Artista 635 LE  I want the quiltig frame but it is a little much for me to get right now. I will have to pay this off first. LOL  I order the stitch regulator for it. I just hope I can figure out how to work it. My Sisters DILs told me I can't read a pattern but I told them I was sewing alot longer then them. They are so bad I enjoy getting together with them. I saw a quilting frame for less then the benina but I am not sure if it will work for my Bernina it said for the artista 820,.830.

Oh ladies I was looking through my stach today and I found some fabric from my Momma. I forgot I had it. I found some fabric with Wiggly's tickemint chewing gum. I think this was from my Grandma's fabric's I have never seen anything like this before. The fabric it cut in 3 1/2 inch squares. I have a lot of squares that is like the reproduction fabric. I am not sure but that is how it looks to me. I am not sure but I don't think it was Momma's.  I think after Grandma passed she got this and didn't know she had it. Well I was going to put a pic but my battery is dead in my camra. I will post a picture if anyone would like to see that. Let me know.

Happy Quilting

Lorraine Jinks

Lorraine Jinks

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 8:00 PM | Locked

Lorraine

What an awesome find.  You would end up with a really neat quilt that would hold lots of memories.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 157
Points 3,305
eesvette replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 8:11 PM | Locked

Lorraine,

I have the Artista and the new 830.  I bought my 830 when they first came out and you got a choice of either a "free" quilting frame or software.

Elizabeth

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 8:22 PM | Locked

Today I continued to make the Maverick Stars - those things are addictive and use up lots of little pieces, plus they're so cute!!  I see everyone has been busy as usual - keep on quilting  (and sewing  and cutting and enjoying it all)  I keep checking Groups to see if there are any more pictures of the BOM posted, and MQ3s are looking great.  I'm hand quilting almost every day, too.  Too cold to go play outside, for me anyway, I'll stay in the sewing room as much as possible. 

Kris - here's another link to add to the list.  http://www.reginagrewe.de/00main/05gratismuster_e.html  She has some cute kitty patterns, and others too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 8:35 PM | Locked

Carol

Very pretty patterns.  Thanks for sharing the link.  Wish more of them did puppies.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 8:47 PM | Locked

I'm going back many pages, but the weather has been bad here and it knocks our satellite internet service out...

Kris - MQ3 is beautiful!  Your use of subtle colors really makes the pattern of the main color stand out!  I love it!

Jean - "Wow" is all I can say.  Your sampler is exactly the kind of quilt I'd like to work up to someday. And congratulations on the handsome new grandson!

Diane Morgan:
I've never had a quilt done by a LAQ and I like the fact that I did the whole thing. It's part of it being all mine, I guess. Plus, I am cheap and can't afford it!

Ditto, Diane!  There's that creative piece that I can't pass to someone else, and there's the cheapskate piece that tells me I can do it for a lot less.  But then there's the realist piece that tells me that I could do that quilting faster and better if I could only get on a longarm.   I've asked around, and I just can't locate anyone around here who rents time on their machine. 

Carol W - I love the bright cheerful colors of your quilt.  Nicely done!  2 1/2 years in the making - just my speed!  :-)

Cheryl Allison:
Finally, my husband found the other needle in the couch cushion. I had to rescue it from hubby's angry tirade.

Well, I'm certainly glad you didn't have to rescue it from his gluteus maximus!  LOL

Pat Lancaster:
They are selling Tin Lizzie's and they have one you can rent by the hour. I am so excited!

Oh, Pat, that is exciting news!  I hope you'll tell us how your first LA experience goes.  I'd love to know if our trials and tribulations quilting with our DSMs translates well to a long arm.

Marilyn B:
I too was looking at the Bernina for just that reason but then I went online and saw all the problems people are having with it.  Someone said it is because it is a laser and lasers are coloured so if you hit the same colour on your fabric as what the laser is it will not read the fabric and just stop. 

Marilyn, I have the Bernina 440 QE with stitch regulator.  It does have a red light (laser?), but I always thought it was just an indicator to tell me that the BSR was working.  The color of the fabric I'm sewing on has absolutely no effect on the free motion stitching.  I love the stitch regulator!  It's the ridiculously small throat space I'm not tickled with.  Of course I bought my 440 just before the 800 series came out with its beautiful wide throat.  Rather than trade it in, I'm saving my money for a second machine that I can put on a frame.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 9:00 PM | Locked

Nancy

I am with you on the Berninas.  The only problems I have had have been minor...broken needle threader.  Or more ofthen than not user error.  The more I have used it the less problems I am having.....I would love to have the bigger throat space but I don't think I want to trade up either....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 9:08 PM | Locked

The only quilting I have done today is work on one SBS block. ....  Robbing Peter to Pay Paul.   I am not sure if it is Peter that is fighting me so hard because he doesn't want to be robbed or Paul that is putting up the fight because he doesn't want to get paid but this block has been a  bear...LOL>   Glad I only have to do one....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 9:28 PM | Locked

Elizabeth and Lorraine~

Is the stitch nice and consistent with the Bernina? I've never had a Bernina. I think  when you get into the high end machines they are so calibrated that anything can make them be off. If I'm pushing just a little too hard I must be affecting the stitch.   It doesn't happen on the Brother, only on the Babylock Ellegante. Then it aggravates me more b/c what I paid for it, it should be a perfect stitch every time. I'll probably end up bringing it in again.  I just can't afford another machine at this time. It's always something!

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 9:30 PM | Locked

Marilyn B:

I did quilt today.  I decided that I did not want to buy more material for my MQ3 so I looked in my stash and had 4 different purples.  2 are from the front and there was not much of them and 2 others that I had a total of 5 yards of.  DH suggested I cut rectangles and use them up so that is what I did.  I just cut 115 rectangles 5-1/2x9-1/2" and will start to put them together tomorrow with the "throw them in a bag and pull" technique.

Marilyn~

Good idea! I'm going to try to do my backing from stash and left over fabric, too to start using up some of what I have on hand. How are you going to quilt it? Any ideas yet?

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 9:41 PM | Locked

I'll take a pic tomorrow of what the stitching looks like to see if anyone else's looks like it or if it is  the machine. It's probably just me and I'm pushing too hard or going to fast. But I would like to have your opinions. You're all my quilting heroes!

Now I have to go to bed.......my eyes are drooping.

North of Boston MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 190
Bobbie replied on Mon, Nov 15 2010 12:11 AM | Locked

Let me tell you what we did yesterday and then what I finally got to do today... Like I said earlier, that we live in a 40 ft 5th wheel and we have a lot of thngs in storage.  My husband decided that we needed to get me a new ironing board so, we went shopping for it.  Then after he loaded in the car he said... OH, I can't remember where I packed your iron and went back into the store and got me a new iron.. more expensive than I would have ever bought..

So, last night, I washed the fabric that I will be using for the Memory Table Runners for my family and today I ironed them all.  I still haven't figured out a nice pattern, but I will keep looking.  My sister in law suggested that I pick a pattern and cut it down.  So that is what I am going to do.  I have gotten most of my pictures ready to be printed on fabric.. so.. I be working on the items tomorrow.

Keep your fingers crossed..

Bobbie

Page 703 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 701 702 703 704 705 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use