Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 699 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 697 698 699 700 701 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767
Joyce Brenden replied on Fri, Nov 12 2010 11:34 AM | Locked

Carol W.--

Your latest quilt is great with all its bright colors.

Kissimmee, FL

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,032
Points 20,660
Carol W replied on Fri, Nov 12 2010 12:25 PM | Locked

Thanks everyone for the comments on my quilt.

Sorry Marilyn B but this ones goes to the church for charity.

Carol W. in Arkansas

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541
Snowbird Quilter replied on Fri, Nov 12 2010 1:22 PM | Locked

Carol W  -- What a cute quilt!  The blocks are intriguing.  Is there a pattern or is it your design?

Lynda:  Welcome.  I'm jealous too!  A Gammill - Wow!

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Nov 12 2010 1:40 PM | Locked

Hi Lynda and welcome to QCA.  I hope  you will post some pictures of your quilts, I guess I should have checked to see if you had already LOL Anyway, welcome and glad you are here.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Nov 12 2010 1:46 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Kris:

BTW, did anybody notice the block that sewn wrong? I saw it after I posted the pics. I'm not sure yet if I'll fix it.

I noticed it but didn't want to say anything.  Your top looked like you had put so much into it that I didn't want to spoil it for you by saying "Oh by the way Kris - there is a boo-boo." 

Me too, I could not tell if you were too far along to make a correction so I just decided to keep mum.  It is a very pretty quilt boo boo and all.  LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Nov 12 2010 1:47 PM | Locked

Jean:

Oh Jean, he is precious.  Babies always make me smile, Thanks for the picture and the smile.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Fri, Nov 12 2010 4:56 PM | Locked

No, I didn't work on a quilt today, but i did make the cutest little mini Christmas bag for my Secret Santa.  Then I just cleaned my She-Cave.  I really needed it!

Cindy 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Fri, Nov 12 2010 5:46 PM | Locked

I worked on a quilt today. I painted first, then started a wooden plaque, then finished up my last thing (I think) for my Secret Santa Pal and then worked on my Downy Kids quilt. I got all the border on, got it sandwiched and it is now ready to quilt which I will do tomorrow. I don't know why my stopping dead in my tracks is sandwiching b/c I actually like to do it. My favorite method is still pinning.  I didn't use any spray on this one.

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Fri, Nov 12 2010 5:48 PM | Locked

SPUD~

What time tomorrow can we expect the great delivery?????????

North of Boston MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,032
Points 20,660
Carol W replied on Fri, Nov 12 2010 5:51 PM | Locked

Snowbird Quilter:
Is there a pattern or is it your design?

It's a pattern from "M'Liss Rae Hawley's fat quarter quilts".  It's called "Crossings.  It was fun to do.

Carol W. in Arkansas

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,405
Points 361,177
Kris replied on Fri, Nov 12 2010 6:08 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
It is a very pretty quilt boo boo and all. 

Thanks Spud. I fixed it but I was too tired this morning to take a new photo. When DH gets back I'll get him to help me with it.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 20,025
Carol replied on Fri, Nov 12 2010 9:38 PM | Locked

Hello all - I have been quilting, just not posting about it.  Yesterday's computer time, I spent with Bonnie Hunt's web site, I love her methods, quilter after my own heart is what she is! I'm now ready to start her new Mystery, Roll. Roll. Cotton Boll, isn't that a cute name? I shopped in my stash, and a little at my friend's LQS, and have all the fabrics ready.  I never have enought lights, but will add as needed when I see what I need.  Can't wait to start.  In the meantime, I've been working on my scrap blocks like I always make, really kinds like crazy blocks (only I don't decorate them with embroidery) just scraps and more scraps.  Today, I made some of Bonnie's Maverick Stars, those are fun and use up lots of little triangles.  I normally sew them to dryer sheets crazy style, but I have so many already done, need new ideas....and that is what she as plenty of on her blog, never tire ot it, just like on here looking at all the pictures, etc.  Now that I've seen all the latest news here, see you all tomorrow>>>>>>>>>

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,405
Points 361,177
Kris replied on Fri, Nov 12 2010 11:22 PM | Locked

Carol:
Hello all - I have been quilting, just not posting about it.  Yesterday's computer time, I spent with Bonnie Hunt's web site, I love her methods, quilter after my own heart is what she is! I'm now ready to start her new Mystery, Roll. Roll. Cotton Boll, isn't that a cute name?

Carol,

Bonnie Hunt is one of my heros. I love her. She is one of the few people that made me want to do scrappy quilts (before finding QCA). Did you know she's Judy Iliff's friend?

I've been keeping track of her mystery quilt but I don't know when I'll star as I have too many projects going and I want to finish some first.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,715
Cheryl Allison replied on Fri, Nov 12 2010 11:26 PM | Locked

I finished hand quilting the inner part of my first quilt. Now I just have to quilt the borders and do the binding. I'm getting there.

I bent three needles on the first day, then got into a groove with this one needle that never bent. It escaped into the couch cushions one day, and I had to stitch with a new needle. Ugh. The new one was hurky jerky by comparison. Finally, my husband found the other needle in the couch cushion. I had to rescue it from hubby's angry tirade. Now just what does he have against lost needles? Hmmm?

Me and that needle are old friends now.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,405
Points 361,177
Kris replied on Sat, Nov 13 2010 4:16 AM | Locked

Cheryl Allison:
I had to rescue it from hubby's angry tirade. Now just what does he have against lost needles? Hmmm?

LOL Cheryl. I'm glad you were able to rescue your needle and get back into your groove. Looking forward to seeing your quilt.

I made my next buck-a-block, a DJ block and an SBS block. I'm off to bed now.

Page 699 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 697 698 699 700 701 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use