Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 692 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 690 691 692 693 694 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,126
Points 411,209
gini replied on Mon, Nov 8 2010 9:58 PM | Locked

diane, your quilt turned out wonderful     nice job     gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,403
Points 45,195
Pat Lancaster replied on Tue, Nov 9 2010 5:14 AM | Locked

Diane your quilt definitely has the WOW factor. Looks like we will have another batik addict here. LOL I am with you on the backing and quilting of such a large project. That is where you need a group quilt-in.

I am quilting on MQ1. I am never going to use fabric with metallic thread again. It is beautiful, but it is a royal pain to quilt. I am really tired of breaking thread and re-threading the machine. I have been practicing feathers and want to do them on the border, but am afraid I'll end up with a mess because of the fabric. So, I am sort of in a stall mode at the moment. Where's that magic wand when I need it? LOL

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Tue, Nov 9 2010 5:22 AM | Locked

Diane Morgan:

Thanks Leslie~

How is yours coming along? And did you go to WW's today?

still have the last boarder to add, been slacking. My WW meeting went good, Whew I have alot of weight to lose, but I am hoping it will easier to do since we are doing it where I work so all my overweight buddies are in it with me lol.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 143
Points 2,741
jodekema replied on Tue, Nov 9 2010 5:42 AM | Locked

Diane,

I Love your quilt!!!!!!!!!!!! It turned out so beautiful. It does look like stained glass

awsome

Deb

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,843
Points 352,917
Kris replied on Tue, Nov 9 2010 7:33 AM | Locked

Worked on MQ3 some more and I have the final borders cut and ready to be sewn on but I've got to try to get some sleep before work. Have a good morning everyone I'm going to bed.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 9 2010 7:45 AM | Locked

Diane,your MQ is just beautiful,  I am so behind on mine ,I will not make the choice pick or what ever that's called, but thats okay I will get it done Between work and hubby has been sick just doesn't leave me alot of time left to sew.I try to squeeze in a hour everyday,but can't get alot done. There are so many good ones it will be hard for members to pick...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 959
Points 19,496
Snowbird Quilter replied on Tue, Nov 9 2010 10:33 AM | Locked

Diane Morgan:

Here is my mystery quilt top. I'm already wondering how to quilt this. This was such a nice quilt to make.

Wow Diane -- This is striking!  It's seems like not long ago you were camping out at the mail box waiting for the fabrics.  I wondered if you and the mailman had a thing going, or was it UPS, or FEDEX?  Sure glad you opened your front door!  This is pure eye candy!  What a compliment to Nana's pattern.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,265
Points 35,160
Granny M replied on Tue, Nov 9 2010 10:40 AM | Locked

Diane this is really nice, but far be it from me to advise the the quilting.  I spend hours trying to figure out for my own. But I would bet that stitch in the ditch would make this wonderful pattern stand out.

Granny M.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Tue, Nov 9 2010 11:34 AM | Locked

Oh wow Diane! This is beautiful. Sounds like a super idea to go to the sewing machine dealer to get it quilted. Way to go.

Did I quilt today? Yes, been working on my BOM "Ladies of the Seas"... Finishing up Month 4 and already have Month 5 and 6 waiting for me. Promised myself that I wouldn't let that happen, but a trip to see my brother and my oldest son in Florida was just to good of a deal to pass up.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 25
Points 1,100
Linda Voltz replied on Tue, Nov 9 2010 12:18 PM | Locked

Diane: I love the colors and the diagonal border. Just my kind of quilt. I have to content myself with woking on the hand quilting of my Celtic quilt. Just can't seem to make the time to sew in the RV yet! Am looking forward to posting a **finally finished!!** photo.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 9 2010 1:08 PM | Locked

I have been working on Sylvia's Bridal Sampler blocks.  Until I can get some uninterrupted sewing time I have the bear quilt and the quilting of the MQ on hold.  Maybe in another few days the DH will be able to do more so that he isn't constantly needing me to get up and do something....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Tue, Nov 9 2010 4:32 PM | Locked

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I was more nervous waiting for your input than I was about making the quilt. Do you ever get over that feeling inadequate? I do it with painting, too and I was President of the painting guild!

But they like me They really like me! Oh, it was my quilt they liked but they liked it!

I'm going to work this evening on the Downy quilt. I'm on a roll here.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,843
Points 352,917
Kris replied on Tue, Nov 9 2010 5:14 PM | Locked

Diane Morgan:
But they like me They really like me! Oh, it was my quilt they liked but they liked it!

Diane,

we kinda like you too. LOL. I only worry when I'm doing something for someone. If it's for me all that matters is that I like it.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,920
Cindy replied on Tue, Nov 9 2010 5:38 PM | Locked

Hello All,

I didn't work on anything today.  Just got home from another Steve and Cindy adventure, but not one we will want to remember.  Just as we were leaving for Tenn Steve was suddenly ill.  We have spent 3 days in the hospital.  The good news is Steve is fine now.  Plan to work on my birthday square and finish my Secret Santa gift tomorrow.

Cindy

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,843
Points 352,917
Kris replied on Tue, Nov 9 2010 6:02 PM | Locked

Cindy,

glad to hear all is well.

Page 692 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 690 691 692 693 694 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use