Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 686 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 684 685 686 687 688 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 12:34 PM | Locked

Marge,Diane,Nancy

The canning jar is very similiar to the bug jar.  Except you use the farmers line of fabrics that have the fruits and veggies to fill your jars instead of bugs.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 12:52 PM | Locked

Oh, I get it! So I like animals so I could make a quilt with a bunch of animals in jars. A cat, dog, horse, prairie dog of course, sheep, cows, guinea pig, wabbits in a wot of jars, stop me someone!

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 1:00 PM | Locked

Great idea, Diane! But first I need to finish up some of the UFO's I've got. Tried to count them, but only have so many fingers and toes :p Thank you all for the nice welcomes.

Tried to get on here last night but it wouldn't let me sign in on the forum page, I'm here now. Can hardly believe it is Friday already. Didn't do my usual morning quilting, puter Jane, here was giving me fits :( but seems to work fine now! Maybe, if there isn't any NCIS on tonight, I can get the Autumn Table runner quilted so I can bind it tomorrow when DH is out!

How do I show my uploads? Perhaps I should do some research! Until later

xoxoxo,

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 185
Points 2,800
Meggov replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 1:03 PM | Locked

He does age well!

Margaret

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 604
Points 12,670
Prairie Dog replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 1:17 PM | Locked

Mrs. Morgan,

Excuse me?  No, really.  Excuse me?  In a jar?  We are not common ordinary rodents.  In a jar. . .REALLY?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 1:47 PM | Locked

Welcome to the QCA forums, Faye. When you have time, I'd love to see pictures of your canning jar quilts.

data not applicable

Gillette, WY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 1:51 PM | Locked

The only quilting I have been able to do lately is work on SBS blocks.  I usually only have a chance to do one or two blocks a day while hubby is constantly needing stuff.  One more week and he can start doing more....if I make it that long...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 1:51 PM | Locked

My goal today is to finish the binding on the FOT quilt, now called Festival of Birds. :-) I also need to write a description of it for the web page for the Festival of Trees committee.

Gillette, WY

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 285
Points 7,035
Shellie replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 2:05 PM | Locked

Diane Morgan:

What is a canning jar quilt?  Never heard of that before.

Its just like the "Bug Jar" quilts only the fabric for the jar is food themed, i.e. cherries, apples, etc. 

This is one of the "Bug Jar" quilts I made for my boys this year - just imagine fruits in the jars instead of bugs.

Shellie - south central Washington state

Linaria Dalmatica Designs

• | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 185
Points 2,800
Meggov replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 4:03 PM | Locked

That is adorable!  I've never seen one before - I will have to search for the pattern ........and add it to stack of  "somedays".

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,819
Points 352,402
Kris replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 7:28 PM | Locked

Very nice bug jar quilt Shellie. Thanks for sharing.

I worked on hand embroidery most of the afternoon and I'm getting ready to switch to machine sewing. MQ# here I come. WIll I ever finish this top?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 786
Points 20,015
Carol replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 8:14 PM | Locked

Yes, I did work on a quilt today - I finished the quilting on the BOM >>>>>>can you believe it?  I was beginning to wonder if I ever would get it done.  Have the binding to do tomorrow, it's ready to cut and sew on - think I'll just do it on the machine  AND PUT THE QUILT ON THE BED AND BE DONE!!!  Yay.  How are others doing on this one?  I see Kris is trying to finish her MQ3 - good luck, Kris - waiting to see your photo.  I will also post one of the BOM.

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 70

Our guild had a jar swap last year...using the same paper-piece pattern we each filled our jars with whatever we wanted--making one exactly the same for everyone in the swap.  After the prescribed time we had a covered dish/pot luck supper and swapped all the blocks!  They were filled with everything from....frogs to quilts to money (our stash cash, of course!) to stars and beyond! Really a fun swap...everyone is putting them together quite differently! Fun to see what everyone comes up with!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 8:53 PM | Locked

Prairie Dog:

Mrs. Morgan,

Excuse me?  No, really.  Excuse me?  In a jar?  We are not common ordinary rodents.  In a jar. . .REALLY?

Prairie Dog~

Just imagine how cute they would look. Did I ever tell you about our ground hog families? We call them ground hogs here. I am also an experienced ground hog person. We had a mama and a papa living under the sewing room. The mama was here for three years so we have had 3 families here. They were my Fribbles. My next door neighbor found out that we were letting them live here and he did the evil thing to them. He has a huge garden and they were destroying his garden. I would hear him swearing when he'd be in his garden b/c he was there to harvest something but the ground hogs got there first. I was even trying to feed them so they would stay here and boy, did that make my neighbor mad! This is the first year that we don't  have any :o{ I named the babies Phoebe and Pfieffel. Last year we had 3 babies. Here are a few pics. They would come right up to the window and listen to me. They'd stand at the window looking in at the cats. I thought they were adorable....my neighbor says they are a pest.

This was mama.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 8:59 PM | Locked

I did work on the MQ today. I'm working on the borders which seems to be taking longer than the whole top. Tomorrow I will do the frame border, then sew the new HST's together for the next border  and then the final border. This weekend is dedicated to the MQ. Then back to the next Downy Quilt and then finish Jodie's BOM. Then so many thngs in the to-do pile and UFO's.

North of Boston MA

Page 686 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 684 685 686 687 688 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use