Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 684 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 682 683 684 685 686 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Nov 2 2010 7:33 PM | Locked

Margaret,

My prayers as well. Such uncertain times....Keep your prayers and your quilting close, it's certainly been my saving grace.

I didn't actually work on my quilt today, but I did find more of the fabric I need for my MQ3 border at Joann's. Forgot my coupon though, darn! But, after spending two and a half hours at the dentist and getting "chewed out" for not getting in sooner. ( Somehow, he just didn't "get" the $50,000.00, I lost last year when the economy took a dive. Oh well. He's passionate about his work, and made me realize how much I am putting my health on the back burner. Somehow, I felt totally spanked and embraced at the same time. Wierd....  )  I had to have a nap after that, the drive home 1.3 hours and contemplating my scolding and voting this evening just wore me out. My saving grace though was definitely the trip to Joanns and finding the dark I needed. I had bought the last of the bolt to make this and my hopes weren't high in them having a replacement bolt.

Nana, I bet you have had your hands full with trying to keep Lewis from overdoing it. I was after Mike constantly after he fell off the roof and fractured his vertebrae. He'd just keep saying I'm ok....I got to the point where if he'd mention he needed any kind of equipment the next day, that I'd be out there by the truck in the morning to help him load it, because if I wasn't he'd be doing it himself. Men......they need us......    

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Tue, Nov 2 2010 7:39 PM | Locked

Here is the end of another day.  I am having withdrawal symptoms due to not being able to quilt today.  This was one of those days that no matter what I can't get done.  Did not help that I sat down in a chair and my momma dog got up in my lap, we both fell asleep.  That always makes me feel draggy.  Then people came over and now it is getting late (for me anyway)  So hopefully I can quilt tomorrow, at least that is what I am looking forward to.

Granny M

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 185
Points 2,800
Meggov replied on Tue, Nov 2 2010 9:35 PM | Locked

Nana, Kris and Stephanie - Thank you for your the prayers - always appreciated and always helps.  Stephanie- no fun at the dentist but take care of yourself!

Don't ya hate it when you forget those coupons!............

Margaret

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Tue, Nov 2 2010 10:37 PM | Locked

I finally have half the blocks done for the MQ3.  Tomorrow the other half.  Then it's on to the rows and binding.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Wed, Nov 3 2010 12:26 AM | Locked

I also worked on MQ3 after work. I have one row put together and enough blocks for a second row. I fell way behind when I decided I needed a "do over". I also made an SBS block and cut fabrics for my next DJ block.

Now it's off to the shower then reading 'til I feel sleepy.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Wed, Nov 3 2010 12:44 AM | Locked

For all interested Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville (love her) has started a scrappy mystery quilt.

Read about it here.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Wed, Nov 3 2010 12:56 AM | Locked

Thanks for the tip Kris.  I really do love her stuff.  I may just have to save her mystery pattern for later.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Posts 23
Points 385
Collettequilter replied on Wed, Nov 3 2010 1:22 AM | Locked

Thanks Kris

I found her blog, love the idea. I am not sure how I will find the next Clue?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Wed, Nov 3 2010 2:12 AM | Locked

Collette,

the next clue will be posted November 19. You can save her blog to your favourites so you can find it again. I'll be downloading the instructions for use at a later date.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Wed, Nov 3 2010 1:51 PM | Locked

I have worked on a paper pieced SBS block....yuck,   I just do not like paper piecing even though it gives beautiful results.  It has taken me all day to do one block...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Nov 3 2010 2:07 PM | Locked

meggov:
I have a job but probably for only about another 12 months before there is another "withdrawal".
Margaret - I was in your shoes last year.  I got "downsized" in March '09.  I was 64 years old so you know what kind of job prospects I had.  I pray that you will either find a job to love before they pull the rug out from under you or that they continue to keep you even though your manager was let go.  Sometimes middle management gets the axe and the "worker bees' jobs are safe.   

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Wed, Nov 3 2010 2:23 PM | Locked

Kris:
For all interested Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville (love her) has started a scrappy mystery quilt
           Thanks a bunch, Kris!! I love her stuff, too - here we go with another stash-buster mystery, just what I need >>>>>>>looks like it would be good for everyone's stash cleaning.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 185
Points 2,800
Meggov replied on Wed, Nov 3 2010 3:31 PM | Locked

Thanks "Dimples".  I am at the point where my new job prospects will certainly be less than they were 10 years ago.  I live in the Chicago area so theoretically should be able to find something but it won't be over night.  I truly believe everything happens for a reason - don't understand it yet but I will keep quilting and be happy as a clam while doing it! 

(ps - how do we know clams are happy?)

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Nov 3 2010 4:09 PM | Locked

meggov:

(ps - how do we know clams are happy?)

Us taxpayers probably paid for some big government research project on this.  :o}

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 157
Points 3,305
eesvette replied on Wed, Nov 3 2010 7:22 PM | Locked

Can anyone tell me where I can get the quilting boards for a long arm quilting machine?  I want the ones you use with the stylus.  They have grooves that the stylus sits in and you guide that stylus through the grooves.  I am also lookinfg for the long acrylic rulers that us can use for quilting the straight lines. 

Elizabeth

Page 684 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 682 683 684 685 686 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use