Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 668 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 666 667 668 669 670 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,241
Points 239,752
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 27 2010 12:08 AM | Locked

Amber - your quilt is beautiful !  Thank you for the smiles - I love very much to see the finished quilts and love that I got to see this one before it was finished and can say you did an awesome job!  I can't wait to see it after you quilt it!  I know it will be wonderful - you finished it in record time didn't you!  Awesome!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 27 2010 12:45 AM | Locked

Amber

Your quilt is stunning.  I love the "floating" pinwheels.  Great job.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Wed, Oct 27 2010 5:28 AM | Locked

I guess I'm not seeing it. I have read the last few pages 3 times and I yet to see where anyone was trying to hurt anyone else's feelings. 

I'm sorry to those who feel that way, I guess its all in how others interpret. This is a fun site and I hope it stays that way.

Just my opinion for what it matters.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Wed, Oct 27 2010 5:30 AM | Locked

Amber, your swap quilt is very pretty, I have yet to do anything with mine.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675
Prairie Dog replied on Wed, Oct 27 2010 8:08 AM | Locked

Amber,

Very cute quilt.  The border is great.  What is the finished size?    

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 295
Points 6,165
amber2009 replied on Wed, Oct 27 2010 8:13 AM | Locked

Prairie Dog:

Amber,

Very cute quilt.  The border is great.  What is the finished size?    

Approx 66 x 76

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 27 2010 8:29 AM | Locked

I just finished looking at all the new quilts posted on show and tell ,and I'm in awe, these are some beautiful quilts, there are just to many to try and write a note to eveyone so ,I'm doing it here.

Everyone who posted quilts on show and tell ,you are some amazingly talented people.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Wed, Oct 27 2010 9:19 AM | Locked

Amber~

Your quilt came out great. I know what I'm going to do with my fabric but that's as far as I've gotten. I love the pinwheels, too. And you are quick!

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Oct 27 2010 11:27 AM | Locked

I like your Christams swap quilt, Amber.  I like the way you used your "corners" to make the pinwheel blocks.  It made a nice added touch to your border.

I've been busy cutting more than quilting today.  I did finish binding the Hanakkah placemats yesterday afternoon.  On MOnday, I did a bunch of pocket tissue holders for the LQS annual Humane Society fund raiser.  ( My penance for missing last month's sew day  :o} )  I found some more dog and cat fat quarters when Joni and I went to JoAnns yesterday that I have already cut and stacked in my to be done pile with the Christmas fabric ones that I cut out over the weekend.  Cut out backs for the four Christmas stockings from the panel I bought in Williamsburg.  Duh - first time I cut them out using the fabric folded in half, thinking - "Hey, I'll cut two at one time that way"  NOT.  They are all printed with the toe going in the same direction so I ended up with two cuts facing the wrong way.  Got them pinned and ready to sew along with Jaimie's flip flop pillow top and back that need quilting before I can move on to the assembling step.  Cut out some fall pillowcases from the fabric that I bought in Williamsburg.  Now I am getting ready to cut out DIL Lynn's scrub top.  This is all in between laundry loads.  I figure after I get all of this stuff cut and stacked, I can just sit myself down at the sewing machine and have at it.   

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Oct 27 2010 11:27 AM | Locked

Oops - got double posted so I deleted.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 157
Points 3,305
eesvette replied on Wed, Oct 27 2010 11:30 AM | Locked

Thea

Thea, I hope you are feeling better today and have a great time in Houston.  I admire you so much.  You fight through the pain instead of giving up. Your courage makes me do a pt and say a quick prayer for you.  (between HST's)  You make all those beautiful quilts.  I had a misdiagnos couple of years ago.  It was so discouraging that the doctor kept telling me there was nothing wrong. But, I didn't have your courage, I gave up on all my hobbies.  No one knows your body as well as you do.  You are a true inspiration to me.  You have helped me with my quilting with your fabulous quilts and hints and  methods.  I hope you have an awesome time in Houston, but knowing you, you will make sure you do and the rest of the people you around will find joy through you.  Don't spend too much money...haha.

Elizabeth

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Oct 27 2010 11:31 AM | Locked

Leslie :

I guess I'm not seeing it. I have read the last few pages 3 times and I yet to see where anyone was trying to hurt anyone else's feelings. 

I'm sorry to those who feel that way, I guess its all in how others interpret. This is a fun site and I hope it stays that way.

Just my opinion for what it matters.

I must have missed something Leslie as I don't know exactly what you are referring to.  I agree whole heartedly with you though that I don't think any one out here intentionally posts something hurtful.  Sometimes we do "Pull each others legs"  but that is done in fun and shouldn't be interpreted as one of us trying to put someone down or hurt anyone's feelings.  It is my experience that we all try to bring each other UP. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Wed, Oct 27 2010 11:35 AM | Locked

I agree Marge.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 27 2010 11:45 AM | Locked

Marge

It sounds like you are really busy today.  I agree that getting everything cut and ready to sew is the time consuming part.  I cut the backs for my stockings last evening.  Now I just can't seem to decide what I really want to work on.  I guess the anxiety over Lewis'   surgery is affecting me more than I realize and therefore am having trouble concentrating.  It will all be better tomorrow afternoon when this is all over.   Now I think I may cut out a couple of SBS blocks and get them ready to sew or maybe lay out the bear quilt and see what I want to do on the next round of blocks.  After I finish that round it will be ready for borders.  I am doing this one as a QAYG.  It is working out really nicely.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Oct 27 2010 11:50 AM | Locked

Nana:
I guess the anxiety over Lewis'   surgery is affecting me more than I realize and therefore am having trouble concentrating.  It will all be better tomorrow afternoon when this is all over

OK - so it's tomorrow that he has his surgery.  Got to remember to say an extra prayer for my new friend Lewis.  Will he have to stay in the hospital for a while and get PT and all that???

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 50
Page 668 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 666 667 668 669 670 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use