Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 661 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 659 660 661 662 663 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sat, Oct 23 2010 4:12 PM | Locked

Well I couldn't work on a quilt since my machine is in for rountine maintenance.  BUT I did go TO my favorite quilt shop for the MONTHLY Black Bag SAT SALE. 

Oh, y'all would love IT!  You originally buy a black fabric bag for 5.99 and each month they give you freebies and coupons for discounts.  Today was 40% any length of fabric and notions and stablizer and also if  you bought a certain pattern and got some free along with threads you got some free. 

Also We had this sheet with numbers with BLOCKS that we had to find items in the store with the numbers and fill in our sheet with  (STICKERS) and once filled in you got a pkg of sewing machine needles.  This was a riot with all of us quilters saying, have you found #3, here it is by the RULERS, I found it.  Talk about a bunch of quilters helping each other out!  Then when a new quilter would come in we would say okay go in the classroom by the sewing machine- go to the Handbag display etc.

Oh, and you bobbled for apples and got a prize --I got $10 off my purchase today!  So I bought a 1.5 of fabric and I think 4 fat quarters and spent $7 -I Thought I had cheated my quilt shop today.  This was my best deal ever.  I think its because the manager and everyone knows me by name!  :)   

WOW!  Also, all sale fabric was 50% off  no coupon needed.

THe only thing that would have made it better if y'all would have been with me!

Happy quilting!

Marlene and Cricket

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Sat, Oct 23 2010 4:53 PM | Locked

Marlene

It sounds like you had a fantastic day.  WTG on all those sale items.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Oct 23 2010 5:06 PM | Locked

Now that sounds like the way to spend a Sat Marlene.  Have fun with all your new purchases and gifts.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,715
Cheryl Allison replied on Sat, Oct 23 2010 7:28 PM | Locked

Wow, Marlene, that sounds like a lot of fun. I love going to the quilt shop, but I don't think I've ever had that much excitement in one trip. :-)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Sat, Oct 23 2010 7:31 PM | Locked

I did work on a quilt a little today.  I sewed the label on Be Prepared and have been working on fusing the applique pieces for a Harvest wallhanging.   It is coming together pretty well.   And got some beautiful fabrics from Connecting Threads....always fun.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Sat, Oct 23 2010 7:39 PM | Locked

I worked a little on MQ3.Trying to get caught up.I just wanted to let you ladies know about this pattern I found because of a swap they are having on another site.It is snowglobes.They are swapping the snowglobe and then will make their own bases and background for the quilt.Here is the site www.fatcatpatterns.com

Enjoy your evening

Darlene(2many horses)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,310
Points 254,984
Barbara replied on Sat, Oct 23 2010 7:53 PM | Locked

Marlene,sounds like you had quite and adventure, what fun.Today I attended my first meeting of The Prairie Womens Swing Circle, We got these nice books made up with all the patterns we are going to make.and lots of really neat history .the circle meets 3 times and month so that everyone can attend on days best for them, sounds like there are about 12 of us total. I met 4 nice ladies today.I enjoyed the group and look foward to attending more. It appears that we will be doing about 6 small quilts .the big thing is fabric is suppose to be" make due" which is the main theme of the quilts. I keep you all posted on my progress..LOL .. Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,768
Points 420,339
gini replied on Sat, Oct 23 2010 8:12 PM | Locked

marlene, what a fun day you had.  way to go on all the sales   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Sat, Oct 23 2010 8:17 PM | Locked

Barbara - this group really sounds like fun, wish I could go there with you to every meeting!!  My favorite way to make quilts in the make do, see what you can do with what you have on hand (kinda like the way I cook!)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,310
Points 254,984
Barbara replied on Sat, Oct 23 2010 8:27 PM | Locked

Carol , me to ,it was so much fun.Only bad thing is I have to drive a little ways ,since the meetings are In Warrensburg ,MO. but its worth it . Melissa the owner of the shop is really great. Check out her web site .www.primitivestitches.net .She has the info there for the group...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Sat, Oct 23 2010 9:04 PM | Locked

Marlene~

Sounds like you had quite the time at the quilt shop. You can't beat sales!

East Coast Bucken-ears (ECB's)got together today and we went to my local quilt shop....also having a sale. We all spent way too much money! Well, I know I did and I'm not sure how I spent as much as I did but I got some good bargains.

Click on my name and check out my blog for pics of today!!!!!!

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Sat, Oct 23 2010 9:07 PM | Locked

Barbara~

This sounds like a good group that you have joined. It's good to have quilty friends that you can get together with.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,527
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 23 2010 9:13 PM | Locked

Sounds like you found an awesome group Barbara and you are in for a lot of fun!  I am not sure but did you say you are in MO just east of Kansas City? 

I worked again all day on my brother's quilt - I figure 2 more days and I will be done with the quilting-and hope by Wed will be doing the binding... it has been a lot of work but a special quilt for my brother... it will be one more project done!  yippee!!! I can see the light at the end of this tunnel...teehee... neither Jay not r I felt like cooking so we ate from Sonic - first time in a long time we have eaten from there.

My pain levels have increased and almost went to the emergency room... but held off... I just was not able to rest and sit in my chair as soon as I did - it was horrific... i hope that the humira will be in first of the week and I can at least try it and see if it will work and if it doesn't will be able to get the enbrel...I know the enbrel helps... so hoping that by Christmas the pain for the winter will be manageable... I am dreaming I know but a person can dream...

I posted on your blog Diane... you all look like you had a wonderful time... it is fun to have friends to shop with... lots of fun! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,527
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 23 2010 9:15 PM | Locked

mars92:

Also We had this sheet with numbers with BLOCKS that we had to find items in the store with the numbers and fill in our sheet with  (STICKERS) and once filled in you got a pkg of sewing machine needles.  This was a riot with all of us quilters saying, have you found #3, here it is by the RULERS, I found it.  Talk about a bunch of quilters helping each other out!  Then when a new quilter would come in we would say okay go in the classroom by the sewing machine- go to the Handbag display etc.

Marlene - that sounds like a riot of a good time.  I will have to give this note to my LQS and see if she goes for it - sounds like tons of fun to me... although not sure I can bob for apples...teehee was pretty bad at that as a kid...congrats on the good buys!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 157
Points 3,305
eesvette replied on Sat, Oct 23 2010 9:22 PM | Locked

you ladies look like you could do some serious work in a quilt shop!  I am glad you had a good time.  It must be colder ther than in Texas...you have long sleeves and jackets on.

Elizabeth

Page 661 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 659 660 661 662 663 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.