Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 619 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 617 618 619 620 621 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Sun, Oct 3 2010 6:47 PM | Locked

Gini

Your "elly's" block is gorgeous.  Also like the mola....very neat.  Love the fabrics for your celtic knot.   Also beautiful pictures of LaConner.  Thanks for sharing.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,476
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Sun, Oct 3 2010 8:02 PM | Locked

gini:
this is the mola i made in todays class

Gini, I love your mola. I have wanted to do a mola but it seems so daunting. I have a book, so someday when I am needing another project ( whenever that may be!!) I might just try one. They are beautiful.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Sun, Oct 3 2010 8:47 PM | Locked

DH just walked into my sewing room awhile ago and asked how many quilts are in all the "stuff" laying around here?  Pieces to Jelly Roll log cabin, strips for scrap quilt, blocks on display starting the new Mystery in AQS along with all the fabrics I have been selecting for it (about ready to cut for Step One), then there's the BOM waiting to have its last border on and finished, then MQ3 pieces that are done through step 3 except for pressing the half square triangles, setting on top of the "only when I have extra time McCall's Mystery row quilt" box, pieces left from the Quilter's Newsletter Mystery I just finished the other day and I also just finished several sets of pillowcases - thanks Kris for the link to the HotDog method~very cool! Great way to use some fabrics that have been around too long and not quite right for quilts I'm doing now.  Oh yeah, one more thing - a quilt top waiting to be basted into the handquilting frame - time to get started on that, I usually do that while I'm watching TV, and new shows are on now.  After explaining all this (he's probably sorry he asked!!) I decided to shut down the sewing factory and come in here and read posts and see all the pretty things you all are doing - that's fun, too!!This is the QN Mystery - not the easiest one I ever did - kept me busy for several months and looks ok I guess - taking a picture of the top like this it never looks too great.  These blocks are the ones I'm using to start my AQS mystery - it requires 7 blocks, 4 straight and 3 on point, abd they suggested strips to make them the correct size.  My funny picture taking, really, they are all the same size!  A friend embroidered these for me and I have been waiting for a special way to use them.

I have been reading about the Shop Hops, too, sure sounds like fun but I can't imagine finding time to fit it in!!  I will just look at the sites and maybe take some of the newsletters and spend more time on here reading them!!  I  Just don't see how I could take on any more projects at this point and still have time to cook, eat, and sleep!!  But ain't we got fun!?!?!  LOL

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Sun, Oct 3 2010 8:58 PM | Locked

Carol

You have been the busy little quilter.  Sounds like you have lots of fun projects going.  Love the quilt and your blocks are so pretty.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,173
Points 253,059
Barbara replied on Sun, Oct 3 2010 9:22 PM | Locked

Carol,beautifuls quilts ,thanks for sharing with us..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,476
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Sun, Oct 3 2010 10:19 PM | Locked

Carol, it sounds like you have more irons in the fire than I have. I am taking a break from my Dorothy dress, so here is my list of WIPs. I have the dorothy dress, the MQ3, Eleanor Burns' Victory Garden quilt, I have the applique on the border to do. Then there are 3 doll quilts on my design wall, a Thimbleberries Village quilt with several blocks done. The TAT applique BOM that I have to finish, a Dogwood quilt that I am making for my daughter that the setting cutting directions were all wrong for, so I have to come up with plan B for that. A Wild West quilt that I am hand quilting for my grandson for graduation, and a North of the 49 quilt that has to be hand quilted for another grandson this coming spring as well. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed by it all that I just look at it and walk back out of the studio.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,834
Points 381,912
Kris replied on Sun, Oct 3 2010 10:24 PM | Locked

Carol,

your quilt and blocks are great. I have a whole lot going on too. I'm trying to avoid starting anything else until I clear some of them out but it's hard to stick to that when I see all the cool things I could try.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Oct 3 2010 11:14 PM | Locked

Carol your quilt is beautiful.  I bet your hubby will think twice before asking a silly question again LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Oct 3 2010 11:20 PM | Locked

gini:

oops, lost track of the time.  how does that happen here?   i'm off to class, you all behave while i'm gone   gini

Now what fun would that be????

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,991
Points 250,032
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 4 2010 1:23 PM | Locked

Carol your quilt and the blocks are fantastic... I love them... I think you did an awesome job on that mystery quilt - I do love mysteries - I just hate having to pick the right fabrics and hoping I have done a good job - you did that and more... thank you so so much for sharing...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,991
Points 250,032
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 4 2010 1:26 PM | Locked

gini:

this is the mola i made in todays class.  it took all day to do the prep work.  i hae it about 1/4 stitched here.  i have since finished everything but stitching one side of the binding down.   hated the prep, but the stitching is fun.  this is about 13 inches and will be a small wall hanging      gini

gini this is so beautiful - love the work you are doing and so happy to be able to have time to read your posts... Ellie is awesome isn't she!  I will be looking for her latest book... I really love her work... she is one of the ones that made me love applique rather then call it the A word...teehee

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 335
Points 11,972
Judy Johnson replied on Mon, Oct 4 2010 3:26 PM | Locked

Hello, everyone. I haven't been on this site for ages. We have been so busy and traveling so much that I didn't have any time left for browsing or chatting. I'm not going to even try to catch up on the posts. I know I've missed a lot! I've not done much quilting either, but things are getting quieter, so I should get lots more done soon.

Happy quilting!

Judy J.

Nambe, New Mexico

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Oct 4 2010 3:28 PM | Locked

Glad you are back Judy.  How are things in New Mexico?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,991
Points 250,032
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 4 2010 3:55 PM | Locked

this is my latest endeavor - I made this at the Quilting in Chicago event... I have to finish it so this is just the start - to see other pictures of how it can be arranged they are posted on the Chicago thread...

But I am so so motivated to quilt up a storm once I get my energy levels back!!!

I hope Eileen will post her picture of the block she is making that she learned in the Log Cabin class - thought I had captured it but alas if I did I can't find it!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Mon, Oct 4 2010 4:50 PM | Locked

Thea

Your quilt is very pretty.  Love the fall colors. 

Vinton, Virginia

Page 619 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 617 618 619 620 621 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use