Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 585 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 583 584 585 586 587 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,826
Points 352,632
Kris replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 11:01 AM | Locked

Eileen:
Kris, you did a wonderful job on the fall fabric swap quilt! Diane & Marie are right about your ability to pick the right fabrics - the tan leaf print & red sashing really set off the blocks very well :-)  Did you make enough for everyone?! LOL

Thanks Everyone for the nice comments on my quilt top. I really enjoy the process and this was fun to do. Makes me forget the aches and pains for a little while.

Anyone ever feel let down or sad when you finish? Maybe that's why I have so many WIPs.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 11:57 AM | Locked

Kris:
Anyone ever feel let down or sad when you finish? Maybe that's why I have so many WIPs.

Kris

I usually get the gee what am I going to do next feeling....LOL.   But there is a huge list of want to dos ...so I usually don't have a problem coming up with a new project.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,048
Points 169,898
Marie replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 11:59 AM | Locked

Kim, love your cat lap quilt, very pretty.  As for your rescues, they are adorable and since you have three you're welcome to send Dukie to me anytime.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,048
Points 169,898
Marie replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 12:08 PM | Locked

Kris:

Here's  my fall fabric swap quilt top:

Kris your quilt is beautiful and the fabrics are great together.  Love what you did with the shashing and corner blocks.  I'm curious, which fabrics did you add to the ones in the swap?   Sorry I didn't get into that swap but I did get into the Christmas swap, which reminds me to cut my fabric and get it into the mail.  Are you in that swap also?

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 278
Points 5,200
kim replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 12:31 PM | Locked

Marie:

Kim, love your cat lap quilt, very pretty.  As for your rescues, they are adorable and since you have three you're welcome to send Dukie to me anytime.

He is my son's favorite. When JJ goes to bed Dukie goes with him and lays with him until he falls asleep. Once JJ is asleep Dukie comes in my room to tell me before he goes off for a midnight fill-up. If JJ has a bad dream and Dukie isn't back in his room Dukie will race back to check on him. I have never seen a cat bond like that to a person before.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 12:34 PM | Locked

Kim

That is so sweet.  I have seen dogs do that but never a cat.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,826
Points 352,632
Kris replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 1:02 PM | Locked

Marie,

Thanks for the compliment. The "X" blocks in the centre are the swap fabrics. The setting fabrics I bought after the blocks were made. The sashing and cornerstone fabrics were in my stash.

I'm not doing the X-mas swap.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,120
Points 411,104
gini replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 2:00 PM | Locked

neither of my machines were willing to quilt this morning.  i hate it when they cop an attitude.   they would quilt perfect on a scrap,  then when i started a quilt they skipped and shredded the thread,  grrrr.   so i went online and a suggestion was to use the funny little foot with the spring on it.  so far i have bessie tricked into quilting.  we'll see how long that lasts. in the meantime, they were stressing me out so bad, my neck is killing me.   why do i put myself through this?  oh, that's right i love to quilt.  forgot that part for a moment. 

one of sam's golf buddies stopped by this morning. his wife is a quilter.   he popped into my studio to pick up the paper he needed, and just stood there grinning like a fool.  looked like maybe he was relieved someone had more fabric than his wife.    men!         gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,048
Points 169,898
Marie replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 3:04 PM | Locked

Kim, how sweet,  in that case I'll settle for a picture once in awhile.

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 278
Points 5,200
kim replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 3:09 PM | Locked

Marie:

Kim, how sweet,  in that case I'll settle for a picture once in awhile.

LOL That I can handle.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,920
Cindy replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 4:03 PM | Locked

Hello All,

Are any of you southerners going to Quilt Fest in Jacksonville Florida next week?

Cindy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 4:29 PM | Locked

Nana:

Diane and Carol

This way the backing came out the same as it would have if I had done the whole quilt top at once.

nana~ That's what I'll do next time. I have alot of quilt tops done and I'll do the backing in sections....I already  cut strips of batting to use. I'll do it this way from now on. On the BOM you started in the center and QAYG in sections around it. It's a mess. I thought it was just me so I'm glad to know that Carol has the same problem. Sorry Carol!

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 4:36 PM | Locked

Gini~

Don't you hate that? And you had your day set to quilt. It's not fair!  Machines aren't dusty in the bobbin area are they? Those little dust balls cause all kinds of mischief.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 4:37 PM | Locked

Cindy:

Hello All,

Are any of you southerners going to Quilt Fest in Jacksonville Florida next week?

Cindy

No but I am going to the Georgia Quilt Show, Oct. 14 - 16 at Gwinnett Center.  Are you going to that Cindy? I will be going on Sat. the 16th so my BF who still has a JOB can go with me.   

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 4:43 PM | Locked

Kris:

Yes, I have some that I just didn't want to finish. I was like that with the Boxy Stars. I thoroughly enjoyed making that quilt and it came out good with no problems. It's in my UFO pile to be sandwiched and quilted.

I definitely hate for a book to end. I finished the Quilters Apprentice the other night and have spent the last two days on Amazon ordering more. I've got up to book 6 coming. Some for .19 cents. I really like the series.

North of Boston MA

Page 585 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 583 584 585 586 587 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use