Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 584 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 582 583 584 585 586 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,461
Points 137,913
Stephanie replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 7:13 AM | Locked

Kim,

Really cute bags and kitties.

Cindy,

Love the photos of you with the birds. Looks like a fun time.

Diane,

Your birds are precious. They really are such beautiful and entertaining creatures. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 8:05 AM | Locked

Kris:

Here's  my fall fabric swap quilt top:

Kris, it is so pretty. Is it your own design?

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 8:22 AM | Locked

Love the Fall Quilt top!  It really sets off the various fabrics.  On point just show how awesome differences can be!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,809
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 8:31 AM | Locked

Really pretty bags, Kim! I like the fabrics & patterns.  I think I'd take even longer to make one LOL 

What was the hardest part? I have a couple of patterns but have not used them yet so I'm curious about your experience. Any tips?

I like your cat lap quilt, too, and your helpers are adorable.  Do you think the cat who was hiding in your batting was trying to tell you something?  Maybe he (she?) wanted it!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,809
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 8:36 AM | Locked

Kris, you did a wonderful job on the fall fabric swap quilt! Diane & Marie are right about your ability to pick the right fabrics - the tan leaf print & red sashing really set off the blocks very well :-)  Did you make enough for everyone?! LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 8:55 AM | Locked

Marilyn B:
My grandmother had a budgie that talked Jewish, it was a hoot.

Yiddish or Hebrew????  Our parakeet used to say, "Oy Vay" 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 278
Points 5,200
kim replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 8:57 AM | Locked

Just make sure you read the directions first from start to finish.  It isn't hard to make at all and the directions were easy to follow. I had a hard time at the end sewing outer shell together with the inner liner just making sure I had both pieces of the fabric and  fusible fleece caught in the seam.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 8:57 AM | Locked

Gini - i like your table runner

Kim - your bags and quilts are both nice.  So are your furry helpers

Kris - Nice design for your scrappy swap quilt. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 9:41 AM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Marilyn B:
My grandmother had a budgie that talked Jewish, it was a hoot.

Yiddish or Hebrew????  Our parakeet used to say, "Oy Vay" 

Yiddish and english with a jewish accent.

Paris, Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,702
Points 436,420
Nana replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 9:47 AM | Locked

Kris

Your fall quilt turned out lovely.  I really like the extra fabrics you chose.  Absolutely beautiful.  You still have my addy to send this lovely quilt right?......LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 9:51 AM | Locked

Carol:

I am NOT EVER GOING TO LET ANYONE SEE THE BACK!! LOL  I feel like it is chopped up and messy - think I would have liked it better if I'd kept the backing one piece. Usually, everyone looks at the back and admires the quilting, and that's fine, but not this time.

Carol~I agree about the BOM. I'm still tearing out stiches from the hour glass blocks I did over the weekend. Two more blocks to go. I haven't even looked at the newest directions yet.

My back is a total disaster!!!!!!!! It's a mess, puckers, chopped up, it be a mess. I wanted to give this to a friend but I can't let the back go like that. I'm going to recover the back somehow.....not sure how I am going to do that yet as far as quilting it or tying it or stapling it or nailing it.

And yes, it weighs a ton. I like it though. It's been a great learning quilt for me......more of what NOT to do.

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 9:55 AM | Locked

Kris~

Your fall quilt came out beautiful. You amaze me. I am in quilter's awe of so many of you.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,702
Points 436,420
Nana replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 9:58 AM | Locked

Diane and Carol

The quilt that I am working on right now I am doing as a quilt as you go.  For the backing I took my first piece of backing and cut it to length for the finished quilt and pinned my first quilt top section to the center of the backing and then used the adhesive spray.  Then I added sections around the center.  When the top got to big for the backing I then sewed full length strips to each side.  This way the backing came out the same as it would have if I had done the whole quilt top at once.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,394
Points 360,972
Kris replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 10:55 AM | Locked

Leslie :
Kris, it is so pretty. Is it your own design?

Thanks Leslie. I started off with a pattern but changed it to my liking somewhere in the middle.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 10:58 AM | Locked

Hello all,   Am going to try to get the sandwiching done on the Tulip quilt later this afternoon.  Finally found the perfect backing for it.  It's so overcast here that it makes for a dreery day so need to do something to get the blood flowing.  Hubby is bringing combine home from town and have dinner going.  Don't know what the rest of the day will bring.  

Did go to the big town yesterday and bought a 1/4 inch foot for my Sapphire 875.  Can't seem to eyeball a quarter inch seam.  Got a spool of varigated lavender thread to do my free motion when I get that far. Think it will make the quilt look nice.  Need to get to moving as the weather is causing my knee's to be really stiff the last few days. Good heavens, only 51 and have sore knee's!!  Must have been all the banging they took when we had hogs.  Oh, well!!!

Happy Quilting Everyone!

Page 584 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 582 583 584 585 586 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use